Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dartmouth College Hockey...is there anybody else out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth College Hockey...is there anybody else out there?

Originally posted by jsl1960 View Post
    I've been to the games the past 3 years and each time we have seen the tennis balls. The past two years we have taken penalties because of it.
    Saturdays game was very important for our ECAC rankings and equally important for the pairwise rankings. If the season were to end today we
    would make the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1980. I'm just glad the three tennis ball penalties didn't matter!
    We need to win most of our last four games(Cornell is where I see a challenge) and take our hopefully home playoff series...if we make it to Atlantic City we have a very good shot of making it too the tourney.

Comment

That's the most *d up version of Chuck A Puck I've ever heard of.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        That's the most *d up version of Chuck A Puck I've ever heard of.
        Oh, don't worry. They do the real chuck a puck in the first intermission (at least, they did as of 5 years ago when I was last in Hanover).

As to Dartmouth - my guess is they can only lose twice from here on out, including the playoffs, and still make the tourney at-large.

Which of course means they'll lose three times and finish 16th in the PWR, becoming the last team out of the tourney once again; they were the masters of that in the early 2000's - only fitting they start doing that again in the early 2010's.

Saturday's game at Cornell is huge - a win or even a tie there would carry them a long way.

Comment

Another Dartmouth alum/fan checking in. Lurking for quite some time but the call-out made me register...

Biggest weekend I can remember in quite some time for the Big Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaeopitus View Post
            Another Dartmouth alum/fan checking in. Lurking for quite some time but the call-out made me register...

Biggest weekend I can remember in quite some time for the Big Green.
            Anytime you go to Cornell it's tough... I hope we pull it off

Comment

And -- I hope they don't look past Colgate...last home weekend for them and it's never easy to beat a team for a third time.

Comment

First round bye... all we need tonight against Clarkson is a win for pairwise

Comment

Absolutely. Every game counts.

I wouldn't cry if Union and Yale swapped spots either.

Comment

Unless Princeton or RPI is upset in the first round, Princeton will be coming back to Hanover for the playoffs. Hopefully the fans will control themselves and not do the tennis ball thing even for the first goal...otherwise this tradition could become very costly.

Comment

The replay camera malfunctioning at the end of the SLU game on Friday was bush league. Also, hard to believe the goal judge didn't see the puck go in when every other Dartmouth fan I spoke to at that end of the rink saw it go in. (Post game, it was confirmed, after reviewing the Dartmouth team tapes, that the puck went in.)

Comment

well...the other night against Clarkson the lovely ecac refs gifted Clarkson their 3rd goal so everybody gets jipped

Comment

Less than 24 hours to get your ECAC Pick The Playoffs 2011 Edition Picks in. Remember 7:00PM Friday Knight is the cutoff.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Let's go Brown, right? We want Brown to jump into the PWR and Quinnipiac to drop out, right?

Comment

Having RPI Lose would be better for the PWR rankings... as well as having Maine and BU having a couple bad weekends

Comment

Originally posted by jjchurchill View Post
                                Having RPI Lose would be better for the PWR rankings... as well as having Maine and BU having a couple bad weekends
                                But, Rensselaer cannot drop below an RPI of 0.5000 (meaning that you're stuck with them as a TUC). So, you would actually prefer that the Engineers keep winning to boost your RPI (not that it's actually going to have a significant effect). Cornell dropping out would improve your TUC record by dropping the 0-1-1 from your record. A 0.500 TUC record would flip the comparisons with Colorado College and St. Cloud State, sending you into the tournament. Of course, Cornell can only drop out of the TUC ranks if they get swept next weekend.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X