• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #58

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Of course not.

Not for a lack of trying, though.
    I know they won 2 games, and beat "Brock Hall of Connecticut" in the "title" game 9-1. I have no idea who else they played though.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I know they won 2 games, and beat "Brock Hall of Connecticut" in the "title" game 9-1. I have no idea who else they played though.
      See my edit.

That site is a wealth of information, especially the "past schedules" link.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

See my edit.

It also lists if they won a league title, or championship, or whatever, and whatever it was called at the time. The whole history is there.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

See my edit.

Very nice site. I have no clue who "Amesbury" is, nor Brock Hall of CT. The only thing I've ever found for Brock Hall is that it was a building on the Univ. of Connecticut.

I don't even know if they were college hockey teams.
          North Dakota

Comment

Very nice site. I have no clue who "Amesbury" is, nor Brock Hall of CT. The only thing I've ever found for Brock Hall is that it was a building on the Univ. of Connecticut.

They may not have been. All we really know is that they were amatuer.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

They may not have been. All we really know is that they were amatuer.
              At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. It's what the landscape was like back then.
              North Dakota

Comment

Interesting though that Minnesota was Big 10 Champions 7 of their first 8 years. And Michigan and Wisconsin were at least in the league at the time.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sorry to be late to a couple of thoughts....

I would add a criteria rewarding a school if a school has their own building and the quality of their overall facilities. Sharing a larger arena with a larger entity doesn't seem to be worth more points if building size is a criteria. At the same time one could add a formula for the age of the facilities.

Despite the position of the gentlemen form Minnesota, using NCAA NCs seems more than fair.

I would love to see this same process used for coaches as well as conferences, though the head to head aspect would need to be eliminated or changed.

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. It's what the landscape was like back then.
                    I do think that if you took pre-NCAA into account you would also have to find some way to give programs that started out DII/DIII and eventually moved up some credit for what they did before D1. It just gets awfully messy. I think you did right.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      Books are nice, but obviously, big schools with big fan bases are going to sell more copies than small schools with small fanbases.

I have college hockey books highlighting Minnesota, Michigan, Denver, Cornell, BU, Michigan State, Yale, North Dakota and Wisconsin off the top of my head.

There are probably others, and my favorite two college hockey books are about Princeton's Hobey Baker.
                      I’ll bet Swami even bought a copy of the CC documentary released last year. He’ll never admit it but I knows he has a copy.

Hey Swami – a book list would be nice. Can I consider you my personal library or should I buy these *****es?
                      Last edited by ronmexico; 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM.
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I do think that if you took pre-NCAA into account you would also have to find some way to give programs that started out DII/DIII and eventually moved up some credit for what they did before D1. It just gets awfully messy. I think you did right.
                        Thanks. Perhaps I could have included D2 and D3 but weighted it. Of course, if I included that, then Bemidji would want their NAIA counted. It's a slippery slope.

FWIW, I put in a few months of thought into my formula before doing any research.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by JMF View Post
                          I would love to see this same process used for coaches as well as conferences, though the head to head aspect would need to be eliminated or changed.
                          I will be using the same basic formula for coaches this summer. I'll be starting it's own thread. I should probably do that soon so people can nominate the coaches they want me to plug into the formula.

As for conferences, my formula would be a bit tricky, but doable. I'll see what I can come up with...
                          North Dakota

Comment

I first thought it could have been a club from Amesbury, Massachusetts... but I think it could be a Canadian club. There is a Amesbury Hockey Club still active in the North York Hockey League. It could be an arm of that club, or a forerunner. The AAU is not an exclusively American organization and many Canadian clubs played for the "National" Championship.
                            BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                            CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                            2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Great list FS23.

Now you have to compile a list of the least accomplished hockey programs from 1 to 58.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                                Great list FS23.

Now you have to compile a list of the least accomplished hockey programs from 1 to 58.
                                Just start at the begining of the thread and renumber them (58 = 1, 57 = 2, etc.)

(I'm a tool.)
                                Originally posted by Bakunin
                                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X