X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #58

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    To add to the drama, it's been decided that we'll actually release #s 1-3 all at once.

#4 coming up at 5:30pm Eastern
    #s1-3 will be released at 6:30pm Eastern
    Is there anyway to move that up even 10 min? We are walking to Yost tonight, and would love to see if before we head out.

(see- the description under my name <------ is accurate....)

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
      Ha ha. DU with 7 national titles, 2 in the last 7 years, a gaudy number of Broadmoor and McNaughton Cups, an current impressive streak of 20 win seasons in the best league, and they come in at 6th. Respect for this ranking system = plummeting... Nice effort, though. It was worth a few looks over the past couple of days.
      They might have done a little better without the losses in the WCHA first round, which also cost them NCAA appearances.

Comment

SCSU has more NCAA wins than I do correct teams. That isn't good.
        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
        www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Ha ha. DU with 7 national titles, 2 in the last 7 years, a gaudy number of Broadmoor and McNaughton Cups, an current impressive streak of 20 win seasons in the best league, and they come in at 6th. Respect for this ranking system = plummeting... Nice effort, though. It was worth a few looks over the past couple of days.
          We wait with baited breath for the release of your list and formula.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Is there anyway to move that up even 10 min? We are walking to Yost tonight, and would love to see if before we head out.

(see- the description under my name <------ is accurate....)
            1. Michigan
            2. North Dakota
            3. Minnesota.

Have a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              1. Michigan
              2. North Dakota
              3. Minnesota.

Have a great game!

Yeah, that's the only thing that makes sense at this point.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They might have done a little better without the losses in the WCHA first round, which also cost them NCAA appearances.
                True, they have crapped out early too often lately. But I think FS 23 and the other guy referenced below are the only people that would put Denver as low as #6 on a list of all time greatest programs.

Maybe if we beat Michigan Tech tonight, we'll gain a couple spots in these rankings?

OK, off soapbox now. Resume rankings...

Comment

1. Michigan
                  2. North Dakota
                  3. Minnesota.

Have a great game!

Aren't you an instigator in the Cafe....

In other notes- 46 people are watching this thread right now.

Comment

True, they have crapped out early too often lately. But I think FS 23 and the other guy referenced below are the only people that would put Denver as low as #6 on a list of all time greatest programs.

Maybe if we beat Michigan Tech tonight, we'll gain a couple spots in these rankings?
                    So you want to ignore 1973 to 2004?

This is turning into a contest of who has sucked the least vs. most championships. I suspect Minny #2 or 3, too.

Comment

OK, off soapbox now. Resume rankings...
                      FWIW, DU was #5 before last season, and was #4 before 2009. DU will most likely jump back in front of Wisconsin after this year.

Also, I can't stress this enough, I didn't put the teams in the order that I thought they should and then build a formula around it. I created a formula, and then entered in the data. I was probably just as surprised as the rest of you that DU came out 6th.

And alfa, just for you, I'll put out the Top 3 at 6:20 Eastern Time
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        So you want to ignore 1973 to 2004?

This is turning into a contest of who has sucked the least vs. most championships. I suspect Minny #2 or 3, too.
                        I think we should ignore 1948-1986.

Comment

I think we should ignore 1948-1986.
                          I've got some years I'd like to ignore? Can I get in on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            And alfa, just for you, I'll put out the Top 3 at 6:20 Eastern Time
                            I owe you a beverage when we meet again. Thanks!

edit- we are now up to 51 as 5:30 approaches.

Comment

Interesting. This may cost Gwoz some leverage in this contract negotiations with DU. "The program is falling to pieces with you at the helm!"

I will agree that Denver needs a Frozen Four appearance ASAP to restore some of the luster that 2004 and 2005 provided.

Comment

*****http://www.undhockey.net/bu.jpg******

Boston University comes in at #4. The Terriers have been to 31 NCAA Tournaments in their history, along with 21 Frozen Fours. BU had several stretches of time where they were one of the dominant forces in college hockey, but perhaps not stretch was as dominant as their run from 1971-1978. The Terriers won three titles, and played in four other Frozen Fours. Their stretch in the 90s was not too shabby either, winning a title and playing for three others. BU was in a lull until 2009, when coach Jack Parker led BU to the NCAA Title. BU will have to have more seasons like that if they wish to maintain their current ranking, but for right now, the Terriers come in at #4.

#4 Boston University - 345.005 Points
                                #5 Wisconsin - 334.9305 Points
                                #6 Denver - 333.3811 Points
                                #7 Boston College - 309.7875 Points
                                #8 Michigan State - 231.4669 Points
                                #9 Maine - 179.0149 Points
                                #10 Colorado College - 173.6922 Points
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X