PDA

View Full Version : To All the Lurkers Out There

Pages : [1] 2

collegehcky2
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Now's the time to get an account, and/or start asking questions about the NCAA tournament selection process and what not. There's been some recent additions to the board and they've all been pretty active in the discussions. Get involved now while you can so we don't have fans coming in after their team was "screwed" and make unfounded accusations or dumb complaints. I'm sure between Webb, Josh, Scott, Rennell, NUProf, Prez, Joe, Norm, etc, they'll thank you when they don't have to rip your post apart for complaining about the NCAAs.

That being said, elbo, Webb, Scott, or whoever made the thread about the frequently asked complaints or whatever the thread title was for last season, is there any chance you can bump that up?

joecct
02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Now's the time to get an account, and/or start asking questions about the NCAA tournament selection process and what not. There's been some recent additions to the board and they've all been pretty active in the discussions. Get involved now while you can so we don't have fans coming in after their team was "screwed" and make unfounded accusations or dumb complaints. I'm sure between Webb, Josh, Scott, Rennell, NUProf, Prez, Joe, Norm, etc, they'll thank you when they don't have to rip your post apart for complaining about the NCAAs.

That being said, elbo, Webb, Scott, or whoever made the thread about the frequently asked complaints or whatever the thread title was for last season, is there any chance you can bump that up?+1

bigmrg74
02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
But that would mean we wouldn't have that many rank n00bs around to tear into and to mock.

;)

NUProf
02-10-2011, 09:12 AM
But that would mean we wouldn't have that many rank n00bs around to tear into and to mock.

;)
You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago :D :D ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C. :D

GoBullDogsGo
02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
QUOTE=NUProf;5025574]You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago :D :D ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C. :D[/QUOTE]

OUCH!!!! Right through our BullDog hearts!!! ;)

NUProf
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
QUOTE=NUProf;5025574]You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago :D :D ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C. :D

OUCH!!!! Right through our BullDog hearts!!! ;)

Now that you guys are "perennial powers", and well known citizens of the board, the mantle of newbie can be passed on to the Castleton fans :), or maybe the Utica fans. It's not like those programs haven't been around for a while, but reaching historic highs seems to attract new fans who don't know how the process works.

bigmrg74
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Now that you guys are "perennial powers", and well known citizens of the board, the mantle of newbie can be passed on to the Castleton fans :), or maybe the Utica fans. It's not like those programs haven't been around for a while, but reaching historic highs seems to attract new fans who don't know how the process works.
Hey now, Hammer and me were regulars to USCHO when it was announced that Adrian was starting a program. Just not quite with the D3 side.

And yes, nothing draws out the loony n00bs quite like a program on the rise. Lots of them swearing that they were fans during the rotten years, and lots of talk about how there school is going to be the next champion. ;)

The Real Georgia Peach
02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Speaking of loony n00bs,, where's Fornax been lately?

NorthernLite
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Speaking of loony n00bs,, where's Fornax been lately?

Writing his memoirs ?:eek:

joecct
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
You mean like the Adrian fans of four years ago :D :D ?

In all seriousness, I bet we will still see the yahoo fringe from some team that is just now emerging. Watch what happens when NU beats Castleton in the ECACs, and the Spartans get left out of Pool C. :DProf - two words for you

Wayne Sands

Pioneerfan11
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM

Hey now! A few of us Utica fans have been around for quite some time. But yeah... the numbers do seem to have gone up lately!

NorthernLite
02-10-2011, 01:11 PM

I found this glossary of terms used in the process to be helpful in thos early years.
in-region ,RNK,OOP,SOS,H2H,WOOPS,1 Pool B + 3 Pool C (max) = 4 teams < 5 ,OWP,COP,in and out of region,
7-4 split not cross-regionalizing

For me the simplest way to explain how the process works turned out to be
..."it is what it is" .............and in the end, if you are lucky ....the flawed process works ? :confused::rolleyes:;)

NUProf
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
...oh ....the process works ? :confused::rolleyes:;)

Such as it is - works better for Adrian now than it used to, don't you think :D

NorthernLite
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM

you're right.....Win and you're in.
forgot to mention the most the most important term in in the glossary.:o
AQ

NUProf
02-10-2011, 02:54 PM
you're right.....Win and you're in.
forgot to mention the most the most important term in in the glossary.:o
AQ

Important inequality Pool A > Pool B

bigmrg74
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM

Truth!

elbojpb
02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
That being said, elbo, Webb, Scott, or whoever made the thread about the frequently asked complaints or whatever the thread title was for last season, is there any chance you can bump that up?Funny thing ... I assumed that with the swapover to a new board format, that all of the old threads were lost forever. Thanks Norm for {somehow} digging them up, although 2007's thread seems to be missing!?

norm1909
02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Funny thing ... I assumed that with the swapover to a new board format, that all of the old threads were lost forever. Thanks Norm for {somehow} digging them up, although 2007's thread seems to be missing!?

I bumped that for you too ;)

NUProf
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Funny thing ... I assumed that with the swapover to a new board format, that all of the old threads were lost forever. Thanks Norm for {somehow} digging them up, although 2007's thread seems to be missing!?

If it's out there norm will find it :eek:

joecct
02-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Important inequality Pool A > Pool BNeumann is the only Pool B to win out, or were they Pool C that year?