University of North Dakota... the March past March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of North Dakota... the March past March

I would really like to see some Sioux hockey in April this year...

Continue...
    Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
    INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

The key is to avoid BC's regional. That should be the only focus of the next month.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
      The key is to avoid BC's regional. That should be the only focus of the next month.
      The best way to do that is to be a #1 seed, as BC will most likely remain one the rest of the year.

Saying that, I'm more concerned with this weekend, and fighting for the MacNaughton. If we win the MacNaughton, we are probably a #1 seed.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Sioux do fine against BC in Regionals... Eagles need to be avoided in the Frozen Four!
        Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
        INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

The funny thing, it's entirely possible that BC gets sent West (with Yale and UNH both hosting and both contending for a 1 seed) and UND gets sent East again. That would be a cluster***k.

Comment

It's threads like these that confirm to our detractors that we are just happy to be there. Seriously, if we think we cant get past BC is it so much better to get rolled by them in the frozen four than in a regional???

Comment

The funny thing, it's entirely possible that BC gets sent West (with Yale and UNH both hosting and both contending for a 1 seed) and UND gets sent East again. That would be a cluster***k.
              I don't see UND getting sent East. There are too many teams that would currently make the tournament that are within a bus drive of the eastern regionals. I see UND going to St. Louis, unless Duluth falls out of a #1 slot, and Wisconsin doesn't become a #1 (or #4). At that point, Green Bay becomes a big possibility.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                It's threads like these that confirm to our detractors that we are just happy to be there. Seriously, if we think we cant get past BC is it so much better to get rolled by them in the frozen four than in a regional???
                I don't think it is so much that we don't think we can't get past BC. IMO, I think UND and BC are the top two teams, and I'd rather face the other top team at the Frozen Four rather than the regional. Either way, I think it would be a good game, and neither team would "roll" the other.
                North Dakota

Comment

Good Grief, Whitey's Closes?? What do people do now before UND games??

Actually it doesn't sound like people were going there anyway.
                  Last edited by MadTownSioux; 02-09-2011, 03:33 PM.
                  Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally Posted by SoCalSiouxFan
                    Another day means another Hobey vote for Matt or Chay. I just voted did you?
                    http://www.hobeybakeraward.com
                    Maple Leafs are also showing their support for Matt.
                    http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=549341
                    There are 68 Hobey candidates and Matt is now getting 27% of the vote with help from Leafs fans and Chay is geting 5% of the vote.

RPI is first in voting with 38% of the vote to their two candidates. UND is second place in voting with 32% of the votes to our two candidates.
                    New thread, keep on voting.

Doesn't matter who we play when. You have to win all your tourny games to leave with the hardware.
                    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

It's like almost Thursday and there is still not game thread for UND versus the big slow lumbering team from Anchorage. What gives?
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Sold my UAA Saturday ticket, but i'm still going Friday. So begins the chase for the MacNaughton.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          The best way to do that is to be a #1 seed, as BC will most likely remain one the rest of the year.

Saying that, I'm more concerned with this weekend, and fighting for the MacNaughton. If we win the MacNaughton, we are probably a #1 seed.
                          But there is no Pairwise gain left in the regular season, only the potential to drop with any losses. If we do win the MacNaughton, we may need to still do well in the WCHA playoffs to get a #1 seed. Wins against Denver and UMD would certainly do the trick.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                            Good Grief, Whitey's Closes??
                            (shiver) Red Pepper still OK? I'll send a check...

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              But there is no Pairwise gain left in the regular season, only the potential to drop with any losses. If we do win the MacNaughton, we may need to still do well in the WCHA playoffs to get a #1 seed. Wins against Denver and UMD would certainly do the trick.
                              While there might not be any gain, if we win out, we'll be a #1 seed. I don't see Duluth, Denver, UNH and BC also winning out. A lot of things can happen in the PWR as well based on TUC and so forth. At the end of the day, winning usually assures that you'll do well in the PWR. Saying that, regardless if we're a #1 seed heading into the WCHA Tournament, we'll probably have to do well there to maintain it. Something to consider though, is the removal of the 3rd place game, so if we make the Final Five, we cannot lose more than once, if at all.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X