University of North Dakota... the March past March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

The weekend went about as well as it possibily could for the Sioux from the perspective of the teams chasing us. With UNO and DU splitting, we have the chance to finish the weekend with a 4 point lead on DU and only 4 points left. The highest point total UNO can achieve is 38, a win against BSU this afternoon would put UNO out of the race. A win today would also put our season win total out of reach of DU, meaning the #1 seed would be clinched. UMD can't get any higher than 37 points, our current total.

Here's to hoping the guys come out today every bit as charged up as they were yesterday!
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
      Don't forget to keep the votes coming!

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com

seniorclassaward.com
      Frattin had a good game yesterday, show him some appreciation

And Chay has gotten past Conacher for second place in the Senior Class Award voting. Keep those votes coming!
      Last edited by ecbrevik; 02-27-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Congratulations North Dakota on winning your FIFTEENTH WCHA Championship. That is more conference titles than any other school in college hockey history.

Now, let's clinch it outright with a sweep of Michigan Tech (only need 1 point to clinch outright).
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congratulations on a share of the MacNaughton. (I am not withholding - I fully expect the Sioux not to get swept by Tech - there's just a way to do things).

Sioux have played as tough a season as anybody out there. You're officially my second-favorite for the postseason and Frattin has my vote for Hobey.

Comment

Sioux fans consider MacNaughton bigger than the National Title, so congrats and feel free to pack it in for the rest of the season
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Congratulations North Dakota on winning your FIFTEENTH WCHA Championship. That is more conference titles than any other school in college hockey history.

Now, let's clinch it outright with a sweep of Michigan Tech (only need 1 point to clinch outright).
              I guess Harvard's 25 Ivy League championships do not count?

Congrats on the championship UND.
              Last edited by LTsatch; 02-27-2011, 07:39 PM.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                Sioux fans consider MacNaughton bigger than the National Title, so congrats and feel free to pack it in for the rest of the season
                Hey just because UMD already has doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post

No. We're talking about real league championships, not just imagined ones between a bunch of trustfund prep boys.
                Last edited by Dirty; 02-27-2011, 07:51 PM.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Perhaps UND should count NCC Titles? If there was such a league in College Hockey as the "Ivy League" then they would count. There isn't.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The Ivy League isn't even a real league. It's a division inside a league. Doesn't count.

Comment

UND won it's 62nd straight title in the North Dakota Conference. No one can compete with them it seems.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        UND won it's 62nd straight title in the North Dakota Conference. No one can compete with them it seems.
                        NDSU won't even play us any more.
                        Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Who would have ever thought in a year that we only played 1 series with Minnesota, Wisco, Denver, and CC that our strength of schedule would still be so high?

Here's to hopefully only 4 games in a row with Tech. Then on to the fun part of the season!

Comment

Much deserved congrats to you guys, the best team we played all season, IMHO.

Even though I am a UNO fan, I have a lot of family in North Dakota and they, as well as ND fan in general, were the most complimentary of our team and program of any other team's fans I interacted with this season.

Just wait'll next year. Oh, wait, this year isn't over yet, is it? See you in St.Paul. Better still, how about seeing you in St Paul, twice?

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                              Who would have ever thought in a year that we only played 1 series with Minnesota, Wisco, Denver, and CC that our strength of schedule would still be so high?

Here's to hopefully only 4 games in a row with Tech. Then on to the fun part of the season!
                              Look at the Pairwise, every game the Sioux have played (until next weekend) was against a TUC (Team Under Consideration). Yale is half their games, BC even less. Only UAA and SCSU are close at 2 and 3 games against others (again, equal after next weekend).

Wisco is 7-14 against TUC teams and padded their stats with a 12-0 run against others. No wonder they're on the outside looking in now. The tough schedule has the Sioux way up in the KRACH and #1 in the RPI. Too bad the Pairwise still favors Yale.

In the end, doesn't matter, it's time to win one BIG ONE in the Hakstol era regardless of seed.
                              Bikes and titles, that's what I like.

Comment

Congrats guys! Enjoy the title. Then go out next Friday and make sure noone else has a chance to enjoy it this year as well.
                                Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Perhaps UND should count NCC Titles? If there was such a league in College Hockey as the "Ivy League" then they would count. There isn't.
                                I think we'd have a few more than 25 titles if they counted NCC titles!
                                Originally posted by lord k View Post
                                No cupcakes on this year's schedule! We've got one heck of a team in Grand Forks. Now, here's to hoping that trial by fire forged some great playoff steel!

Comment

Working...
                                X