Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by Merck View Post
    Someone help me out: What time is the game tomorrow and is it pn ESPNU?
    Puck drops at 4:30 on ESPNU, barring any record-breaking lacrosse games.
    '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
      Puck drops at 4:30 on ESPNU, barring any record-breaking lacrosse games.
      That's 4:30 Central Time, and it looks like they are showing replays of the games from today tomorrow, so shouldn't have any issues with lacrosse
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Sioux/Denver rematch! LET'S GO SIOUX!
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Given that Denver actually got a challenge in their game, while you guys had it easy, I would give you the nod in tomorrow's game. It'll be a tight one but you'll pull through nonetheless.

P.S. I thought Frattin was fantastic, best player I've seen all year.
          Last edited by hockeyenthusiast; 03-27-2011, 12:01 AM. Reason: punctuation
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            Given that Denver actually got a challenge in their game, while you guys had it easy, I would give you the nod in tomorrow's game. It'll be a tight one but you'll pull through nonetheless.

P.S. I thought Frattin was fantastic, best player I've seen all year.
            Denver and UND seem to play nailbiter games more often than not. It took me quite a while to recover from the game the two teams played last weekend. Going to be one hell of a game again and hopefully the Sioux will be able to pull off a win. GO SIOUX!!

Comment

DU played the late game yesterday not to mention an extra 2/3 of another and UND rolled 4 lines in a 6-0 rout, physical edge UND. DU lost 2 of 3 games to UND this year including the Broadmoor, psychological edge UND. No excuses for the mighty green and white, roll hard and get it done.
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                Off to Sensers! They have the game and beer.
                See you @ Sensers. Can't miss me - I'll be wearing a Sioux jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  DU played the late game yesterday not to mention an extra 2/3 of another and UND rolled 4 lines in a 6-0 rout, physical edge UND. DU lost 2 of 3 games to UND this year including the Broadmoor, psychological edge UND. No excuses for the mighty green and white, roll hard and get it done.
                  Jason Gregoire. We should have no excuses to not win. Go Sioux!
                  A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Here's to a classic, hard hitting and CLEAN game between the 2 teams. Hopefully the ugly stuff is left home and we can play some great hockey tonight! May the best team win!
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                      Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                      Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                      Jason Gregoire. We should have no excuses to not win. Go Sioux!
                      All irrelevant. It's UND-DU. These teams dislike each other, and DU would be up for this game even if their last game ended one hour before puck drop for this one. Besides, I remember watching NCAA tourney games in years past and thinking that a team might be in trouble because they went to OT the night before, just to watch them win the next night.

There is no psychological edge. DU split with us in Grand Forks, and the F5 championship could have gone either way very easily. DU matches up to us very well, and they know it. They know that one bounce goes their way last week and they have the Broadmoor and the 2/3 season series lead. I'm sure they'd like to exact some revenge for last week. As to winning 2 of 3 from DU, the 2004 UND team didn't lose to DU in 4 regular season meetings. We went 3-0-1, including wins of 8-2, 6-2, and 6-1. Anyone remember what happened in the NCAA tourney that year? I see no psycological edge. And Brittain has the ability to shut a team down the way that Berkhoel did in 2004, he's already shut us out once this year.

Having Gregoire back is fantastic, he should give us a lift. He does improve our chances of winning. But we haven't exactly dominated DU this year even when Gregoire was in the lineup. In fact, DU leads in total goals 8-7 in our match-ups for the season. I want UND to win, I hope we win, but I won't feel confident in getting that win until and unless the game ends with more goals on the UND side of the scoreboard.

Going into the NCAA tourney, the teams I thought had the best chances of knocking off the Sioux, in order, were BC, DU, and Michigan. We don't have to go through BC. But if we're going to play for a national title, we'll have to get through both DU and Michigan.
                      Last edited by ecbrevik; 03-27-2011, 01:16 PM.
                      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                        Here's to a classic, hard hitting and CLEAN game between the 2 teams. Hopefully the ugly stuff is left home and we can play some great hockey tonight! May the best team win!
                        Glad to see you're pulling for UND!

I repeat your hope that the ugly stuff gets left at home.
                        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          All irrelevant. It's UND-DU. These teams dislike each other, and DU would be up for this game even if their last game ended one hour before puck drop for this one.
                          Yep.
                          Should be a battle today. I wouldn't be surprised if either team won.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                            Glad to see you're pulling for UND!

I repeat your hope that the ugly stuff gets left at home.
                            Nice try!
                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Yep.
                              Should be a battle today. I wouldn't be surprised if either team won.
                              Feels too much like 2007 when Minnesota won the regular season title, the Broadmoor in OT, and then had a rematch with the Sioux one week later. I have a pretty strong feeling this will be the last time we'll see the Fighting Sioux uniforms on the ice, but I hope they prove me wrong.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Is the game on espnu? I'm at a restaurant and they're all watching hoops and I'd like to **** them all off and put hockey on.

Comment

Working...
                                X