Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
    Interesting that you used Rocco Grimaldi as an example, considering no Big 10 schools were among his top choices... thanks for playing, but you lose. And why would kids in the USNDTP want to play for any Big 10 team besides Michigan, you know... a team that IS playing this weekend? Sorry for #winning.
    For the most part, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan get whoever they want as it is...the BTHC isn't going to change that. North Dakota will be able to recruit top end players as they always have.

The only recruiting that will change as a result of the BTHC is that Ohio State or Penn State might be able to land a prize recruit more often. However, the only way that they will be able to consistently get top end recruits is if they start winning a lot. The programs that that will effect the most? You guessed it...Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Hooray. I don't have to go to a bar to watch the game nows.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
        Denial is a powerfull thing - yea a kid who wants to get to the NHL ASAP and wants to get a ton of exposure will go to the WCHA after Sconi and Minny leave. Vs. Option B would be playing on national TV in a power house conference. Good Luck with that.

Just curious, Who has more players in the NHL right now....DU/UND ...or UMN,UMich, MSU, and the drunkin Sconi's?
        Rocco will be playing every single one of his home games on national television in a powerhouse conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          WDAZ to Broadcast Fighting Sioux Hockey Game With RPI

WDAZ(Grand Forks), WDAY(Fargo), KBMY(Bismarck), and KMCY(Minot). If you get any of those local ABC affiliate channels, you'll have the game.
          Does this mean the game will be on FCS in the Twin Cities?

Comment

The BTHC will destroy you! You are all in denial if you think otherwise. Do you honestly believe you will be able to attract recruits of Rocco Grimaldi's caliber when Sconi and UM leave you and the rest of the watered down WCHA behind? Kids like that who come up through the USA Development program will want to play Big Ten Hockey; I promise you that. Add in the fact that you will be called the FlickerTails and your program will decline and I will laugh! Enjoy your success while you can; because it won't last long. Kids will flock to the Big Ten and all the exposure that comes with it.
            What's funny about this post is that every single statement/question made in it is incorrect.
            If you honestly believe that, then you are quite delusional (although this has already been proven with your past posts).

Recruits don't come to UND because they want to play against UMN and UW. They come because of the reputation of the coaches to get them to the next level, the quality of the rink/training facilities, the tradition, etc. None of those will change with the formation of the BTHC.

Serious question for you: Do you honestly think that the BTHC will be some sort of super-conference? You'll essentially have four schools with great tradition and then toss in OSU and PSU to round out the bottom. And of those four schools with great tradition? Only ONE of them made the NCAA tourney this year. Compare that to the WCHA, especially if they add in Miami and Notre Dame to replace UMN and UW (as has been rumored). Will high-caliber recruits really want to beat up on PSU 6 times a season? Or would they rather compete against better opponents and play for a national championship each year?
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Sure - as long as Sue fans stay out of Minny related Threads....but, we all know there is zero chance that will happen. Just check out the comments under any Gopher hockey article on the StarTribune...Sue Obession with Goldy runs extremely deep.

Go Gophers! 2 more Titles this century than the Sue!
              It was a yes or no question. Looks like No is the answer.
              "My greatest achievement."
              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by HostileAndAbusive View Post
                Does this mean the game will be on FCS in the Twin Cities?
                I don't think so. Since ABC is owned by Disney, like ESPN, I doubt they'll air on a Fox station too. That's kind of what I was hinting at in earlier posts. Since FSSN is WDAZ/Y, but also airs on FCS, I think FCS would have to pay to air it as well, and I dont think they'll want to give up their high school basketball.
                THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                University of Oregon Ducks Football
                San Francisco Giants
                Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Denial is a powerfull thing - yea a kid who wants to get to the NHL ASAP and wants to get a ton of exposure will go to the WCHA after Sconi and Minny leave. Vs. Option B would be playing on national TV in a power house conference. Good Luck with that.

Just curious, Who has more players in the NHL right now....DU/UND ...or UMN,UMich, MSU, and the drunkin Sconi's?
                  I truly regret the loss of UMinn and UW to the BT. But for gopher fans, it's a win/win. They get the association with a name-brand conference and the quality of competition goes down, perhaps allowing them to make the tournament now and then. Conference tournament, I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I truly regret the loss of UMinn and UW to the BT. But for gopher fans, it's a win/win. They get the association with a name-brand conference and the quality of competition goes down, perhaps allowing them to make the tournament now and then. Conference tournament, I meant.
                    With only 6 schools, they will probably ALL make the conference tournament. And by that, I don't mean like in the WCHA/CCHA right now where the tourney starts in the home rinks. They'll probably just take all 6 schools to a neutral rink to play the tourney. There won't be enough teams for a home ice round. So Minny fans can probably say good-bye to watching playoff hockey in the Mooch.
                    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      What's funny about this post is that every single statement/question made in it is incorrect.
                      If you honestly believe that, then you are quite delusional (although this has already been proven with your past posts).
                      Beware the Ides of March....
                      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Memo to Susie Fans:

The BTHC will destroy you! You are all in denial if you think otherwise. Do you honestly believe you will be able to attract recruits of Rocco Grimaldi's caliber when Sconi and UM leave you and the rest of the watered down WCHA behind? Kids like that who come up through the USA Development program will want to play Big Ten Hockey; I promise you that. Add in the fact that you will be called the FlickerTails and your program will decline and I will laugh! Enjoy your success while you can; because it won't last long. Kids will flock to the Big Ten and all the exposure that comes with it.

I hope UM never plays any Non Conference games against the Susie's.
                        Shut the **** up. Holy hell you're pathetic.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                          I can vouch for that! Get down south and start telling people you're from North Dakota, and you get questions like "where is that" or, my all time favorite, "is that part of the United States?"
                          Please, PLEASE tell me you're joking. I don't see a smiley so I'm getting concerned...
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Please, PLEASE tell me you're joking. I don't see a smiley so I'm getting concerned...
                            Unfortunately it is true. Years ago (early 90s) I was in Florida and we were trying to change our plane tickets. The ticket lady saw we were going to North Dakota, and asked us if that was in Alaska. She didn't even know it was a state. Keep in mind, this was an airline ticket person. They deal with travel every day.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Unfortunately it is true. Years ago (early 90s) I was in Florida and we were trying to change our plane tickets. The ticket lady saw we were going to North Dakota, and asked us if that was in Alaska. She didn't even know it was a state. Keep in mind, this was an airline ticket person. They deal with travel every day.
                              I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                                Beware the Ides of March....
                                That was last week. Don't tell me you think you are Brutus, definatly not Ceasar.
                                "Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain." Friedrich Schiller (Talbot, in: The Maid of Orleans)

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania

Comment

Working...
                                X