University of North Dakota... the March past March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

What a game! That was great to see Kristo score the opener. He played alright, but it was wonderful to see him put that goal in. Frattin with two huge plays in the third to ultimately give the Sioux the victory. We didn't play all that well the first 2/3 of the second period, and we were a little lucky only to be down 2-1. Davidson's goal was huge as that finally seemed to get the team going again. Dell played okay, but I'm sure he would like that second goal back. The third period was amazing. Both teams were playing like it was for the National Championship. Tonight's game really reminded me of the 2004 Final Five Championship between UND and Minnesota. Both teams went head to head and gave it everything they had. Hopefully the Sioux have a little left in the tank for tomorrow night.

One thing I am concerned about, is the fact that it looks like BC MIGHT get sent West, as New Hampshire looks like they could very well end up a #4 seed. If Merrimack gets the other #1 seed (which according to Jim Dahl on siouxsports is a 50/50 shot if they beat BC) that would equal North Dakota having to play New Hampshire in the first round. Given that, I'll be cheering for BC.

Hopefully North Dakota plays with the same intensity tomorrow that they did tonight. If we do that, I like our chances. Good luck Sioux tomorrow night!!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

So there are no scenarios tomorrow that put UND at #1 in the PWR, correct?
      UND: More national championships than all Minnesota schools combined.

Comment

******* width='480' height='302'>****** name='movie' value='http://static.snappytv.com/player/p.swf?id=1284'>****** name='allowFullScreen' value='true'>****** name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'>****** src='http://static.snappytv.com/player/p.swf?id=1284' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='480' height='302'>

Comment

Nice win tonight against the best opponent the Sioux have played in a while.
          Originally posted by ATelly33 View Post
          So there are no scenarios tomorrow that put UND at #1 in the PWR, correct?
          No, Yale has clinched the #1 seed. It really doesn't matter though. UND has clinched a #2 or #3 overall seed (will be the #1 seed in one of the brackets). The Sioux just need to take care of their own business, and as long as they do so, all is well.
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Was it the beer? Or the Sioux fans I was with? Or was that just plain a great college hockey game Friday night between CC and UND?

Go Tigers!!
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

[QUOTE=ecbrevik;5088370]Nice win tonight against the best opponent the Sioux have played in a while.

Agree with you, Sioux came out like gangbusters and really took it to CC. At some point late in the first period CC got the message and realized they had to step it up big time which they did and the rest of the game in my opinion was a classic college hockey game played by two great teams!
              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                ******* width='480' height='302'>****** name='movie' value='http://static.snappytv.com/player/p.swf?id=1284'>****** name='allowFullScreen' value='true'>****** name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'>****** src='http://static.snappytv.com/player/p.swf?id=1284' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='480' height='302'>
                That rush by Trupp created as much buzz as I've heard in an arena, and really got the crowd back in the game. Absolutely outstanding.

Comment

What an awesome game! Back and forth. Both teams really going for it. Heck on Malones shorty Genoway was almost in the crease! There really are no words that can describe that Trupp rush.

Games like these are what makes college hockey special to watch.

I would love to see a dasher dance tonight.

Anyone have any word on Gregoire?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    One thing I am concerned about, is the fact that it looks like BC MIGHT get sent West, as New Hampshire looks like they could very well end up a #4 seed. If Merrimack gets the other #1 seed (which according to Jim Dahl on siouxsports is a 50/50 shot if they beat BC) that would equal North Dakota having to play New Hampshire in the first round. Given that, I'll be cheering for BC.
                    In order for that to happen, Merrimack has to get that final #1 seed AND UNH has to be a #4 seed.
                    If Miami or BC win tonight, that won't happen.

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                    Anyone have any word on Gregoire?
                    It sounds like he was just held out for precautionary measures. If this were the last game of the season, he would have been out there.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                      Hobey voting resumes:

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com
                      Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                      Last couple of days of voting on the Senior Class Award.

Comment

better video of the Trupp play

worth a second look.

Comment

Seems like Trupp saves all of his tricks for the Final Five every year...

Last edited by icelund; 03-19-2011, 05:35 PM.
                          '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

So, who was it who was telling us a couple weeks ago that the MacNaughton was an anchor around our necks? That if you wanted to win it all you wanted the Broadmoor? Well hey, we have both! Time to go out and pick up a third piece of hardware.

Comment

Last edited by cg_siouxfan; 03-20-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Nice work Sioux.
                                Looks like we might have to go through DU again though...
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X