Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Pffft, it would be another notch in the ol' Eagle belt signed sealed delivered.
    essentially
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Do you still feel like we don't have any top notch scorers?
      LOL, I was thinking about that the other day. You certainly have 2 studs in Frattin & Gregoire, but how' the depth been this year?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        LOL, I was thinking about that the other day. You certainly have 2 studs in Frattin & Gregoire, but how' the depth been this year?
        Can't complain. 6 players with 10+ goals, 11 with 5+. Frattin obviously leading the way with 32 goals, and Gregoire has been on fire of late and has 24 on the year. Trupp also has 16, and could get to 20+. Nearly every player has a goal, and as a team we have scored more goals than any other team in college hockey. We also have the top goalie in college hockey, at least as far as GAA is concerned. Not too bad.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

They definitely ended up having more firepower than I thought they would - but I still like BC if they do meet again in the NCAA's.

Comment

They definitely ended up having more firepower than I thought they would - but I still like BC if they do meet again in the NCAA's.
            I've said this since the beginning of the season basically, but I don't see BC and North Dakota meeting up. One or both will get upset in the regionals. IMO, the two teams are nearly identical. BC would have an advantage in net, mainly with experience in big games with Muse, while North Dakota has more firepower and better on the blue line. BC is a bit faster, and York is a better coach at this point in time. Special teams are nearly even with North Dakota a bit better on the powerplay and BC a bit better on the pk. At the end of the day, I feel as though North Dakota has been more consistent throughout the year and I would take the Sioux to win a tight one. Again though, I don't see the two teams meeting up.
            North Dakota

Comment

I've said this since the beginning of the season basically, but I don't see BC and North Dakota meeting up. One or both will get upset in the regionals. IMO, the two teams are nearly identical. BC would have an advantage in net, mainly with experience in big games with Muse, while North Dakota has more firepower and better on the blue line. BC is a bit faster, and York is a better coach at this point in time. Special teams are nearly even with North Dakota a bit better on the powerplay and BC a bit better on the pk. At the end of the day, I feel as though North Dakota has been more consistent throughout the year and I would take the Sioux to win a tight one. Again though, I don't see the two teams meeting up.
              I would love to see a BC/UND final. They are, IMHO, the top two teams in college hockey this year. I realy don't see UND getting upset in the regionals. After seeing that happen the last two years, I think the seniors will take the team on their backs and play for the NC. So I guess then that you have picked BC to lose in the regional.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                I would love to see a BC/UND final. They are, IMHO, the top two teams in college hockey this year. I realy don't see UND getting upset in the regionals. After seeing that happen the last two years, I think the seniors will take the team on their backs and play for the NC. So I guess then that you have picked BC to lose in the regional.
                It's more of a gut feeling that they won't meet up. Obviously, both will be #1 seeds, and most likely if they do meet up, it would be the Thursday game at the Frozen Four (unless either team can supplant Yale as the #1 overall seed). I think they are the top two teams in college hockey as well, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did play in the NCAA's. In my gut though, I think BC will lose in the Regionals. They shouldn't, and they are going to be the favorite and better than anyone they play in the regionals, but I just think York's magic is up. I'll probably be wrong, given that York is like 19-2 in the regionals since '98, but they remind me of UND's teams in '98 and '99. Extremely talented, good enough to win it all, but just lacked that "something" that kept them from getting to the Frozen Four. Like I said, I'll probably be wrong, but it's just a gut feeling I've had since about November. Maybe I should switch my diet
                North Dakota

Comment

One never knows and certainly a lower seeded team like Notre Dame has the ability to beat BC in the regionals.

Comment

Chay trails by only 2.5%! He has significantly closed the gap over the last few days. Voting ends on March 20, so keep those votes coming!
                    seniorclassaward.com
                    Last edited by ecbrevik; 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM.
                    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

One never knows and certainly a lower seeded team like Notre Dame has the ability to beat BC in the regionals.
                      That is the great thing and the scary thing about the tournament setting. Any team can win on any given night. It makes me think of a few years ago, when UND and BC met in the national semifinals. Just about everyone viewed it as the real NC game, and expected the winner to take the title. Instead, Michigan State showed up in the title game riding a hot goalie, and beat BC. Very few saw that one coming!

Comment

Relatively quietly, Aaron Dell has moved into the top spot nationally, in all games, despite playing an extremely tough schedule:

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2010-2011/

Comment

I don't want to wake a sleeping rinkpig, but does Kristo play again for the Sioux? This season or next?

Comment

Originally posted by frogtown_pond View Post
                            I don't want to wake a sleeping rinkpig, but does Kristo play again for the Sioux? This season or next?
                            my opinion is they'll shut him down. He's skating, but not with the team, and they are doing just fine without him. I think they shut him down.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                              Relatively quietly, Aaron Dell has moved into the top spot nationally, in all games, despite playing an extremely tough schedule:

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2010-2011/
                              Dell also now holds the career GAA in Fighting Sioux history.

As for Kristo, I doubt he comes back to play this year. Saying that, if he CAN play, he has to make the lineup. He was playing great hockey before the accident.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Dell also now holds the career GAA in Fighting Sioux history.

As for Kristo, I doubt he comes back to play this year. Saying that, if he CAN play, he has to make the lineup. He was playing great hockey before the accident.
                                I hope we see Kristo back, but I'd be shocked if it was this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X