University of North Dakota... the March past March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Bemidji moves back in as a TUC with their win over UNO tonight, which helps us in the PWR. UNO is just stumped by BSU!
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

UND took it easy on Tech tonight and still hung 8 on them. Joe Gleason looked awesome tonight and I would love to see him in the lineup but I'm not sure where with all of our depth. Can't wait to see that beautiful cup raised tomorrow night, thank god there is a blizzard in Grand Forks so Tech actually has to stay here and play tomorrow.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        I am glad it passed but what a waste of tax payer money.
        No it isn't. When the minority forces it's opinion on the majority, that's wrong. The NC$$ has no right to dictate social policy. #### the NC$$.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          UND took it easy on Tech tonight and still hung 8 on them. Joe Gleason looked awesome tonight and I would love to see him in the lineup but I'm not sure where with all of our depth. Can't wait to see that beautiful cup raised tomorrow night, thank god there is a blizzard in Grand Forks so Tech actually has to stay here and play tomorrow.
          man, that was a beatdown. And yeah, UND basically took the 3rd period off
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            man, that was a beatdown. And yeah, UND basically took the 3rd period off
            Only 3 goals in the last two periods...they took the last 2 periods off. To me they came out playing a little slow in the 2nd, maybe it was the 3rd. Controlling the game and the clock. It still didn't stop them from getting good chances in front of the net.

I'll watch the whole game tonight only to see the celebration of the cup, otherwise, it has potential to be turned off and me go to bed like last night in the 3rd.
            THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
            1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
            1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
            University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
            University of Oregon Ducks Football
            San Francisco Giants
            Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
              Only 3 goals in the last two periods...they took the last 2 periods off. To me they came out playing a little slow in the 2nd, maybe it was the 3rd. Controlling the game and the clock. It still didn't stop them from getting good chances in front of the net.
              by the third, they were sending the puck in deep and pushing one forward in. I didn't mind that at all. No point in rubbing salt in the wound at this point. Tech is a bad team, but there's no point in reminding them of that.

Gregoire has scored more goals in the last 3 games against Tech then Tech has. Same as Frattin. Wow
              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                No it isn't. When the minority forces it's opinion on the majority, that's wrong. The NC$$ has no right to dictate social policy. #### the NC$$.
                Well said.

Comment

The NCAA would not be powerful if it weren't for schools like UND they are the reason why the NCAA even exists.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

The NCAA would not be powerful if it weren't for schools like UND they are the reason why the NCAA even exists.
                    I don't understand what you mean.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean.
                      Yeah good call I would like clarification on that one as well.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Teddy Roosevelt is the reason the NCAA exists. Teddy Roosevelt spent time in North Dakota. UND is North Dakota's premier university...ergo UND is the reason the NCAA exists.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I doubt UND delivers a lot of power to the NCAA when schools like Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, the entire SEC, etc etc have multiple if not all division 1 teams with full media coverage. Big schools and teams make the NCAA powerful (or rich since money is generally associated with power) and as much as I love UND and it's sports teams especially hockey, UND doesn't provide the NCAA much in terms of power/money. I do however recognize that you said "schools like UND" and not just UND.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I got a funny feeling that BC and UND are inevitably going to run into each other again in the NCAA's. That would be a whale of a game!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              I got a funny feeling that BC and UND are inevitably going to run into each other again in the NCAA's. That would be a whale of a game!
                              Do you still feel like we don't have any top notch scorers?
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Pffft, it would be another notch in the ol' Eagle belt signed sealed delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X