Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota... the March past March

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    They need to at least make it to the game against the Sioux.

Against the Sioux... Win = In at #14 (most likely). Lose = Need help. Lots of help.
    I cannot wait to hammerpunch you.
    Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I put together a spreadsheet that calculates PWR automatically. Been playing around with it for over a week now. You're absolutely right. It's mostly based on MSUM dropping out as a TUC and Minnesota getting two more wins from a TUC. That's a four-win swing right there.

I'm confident that Minnesota makes the tournament if they sweep this weekend.
      Does MSUM drop out as a TUC if they win one game against DU, or does it still depend upon the outcomes of other games figuring into their "opponents opponents" component of the rpi?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        Don't forget to keep the votes coming!

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com

seniorclassaward.com
        Bump
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Wow, we have Sioux and Gopher fans in here having a civil conversation! Miracles never cease.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Does MSUM drop out as a TUC if they win one game against DU, or does it still depend upon the outcomes of other games figuring into their "opponents opponents" component of the rpi?
            At work, so I'm going off memory. I'll update tonight if I remember. If MSUM goes LWL, I believe they hold on with the slimmest (as in .0001-.0005) of margins to TUC status. But just barely. If those are correct, so much as a single game from nearly any team could swing that either way.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin...s.php?teamid=6 has them at about .5045 with a WL vs. Denver. Add in one more loss and you're probably looking at the margins I was guessing when the conference tournaments are over.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
              I cannot wait to hammerpunch you.
              haha. I did some more looking into a WLW for the Gophers. If they lose to the Sioux, they would be at about #16 in PWR and I believe it comes down to the RPI tiebreaker. So a loss by any other team in the #13-#15 range could put them back in at that point.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                Don't forget to keep the votes coming!

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com

seniorclassaward.com
                Phase 1 of Hobey Voting is over. Matt Frattin won phase 1 of the web vote with 28%.

Phase I of Vote for Hobey Complete
                Phase I of Vote for Hobey is now over. Users will soon be able to vote again for their favorite Hobey Baker candidate from the Top Ten Hobey Finalists in Phase II.
                Voting for the top 10 candidates should begin soon.
                Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

They need to at least make it to the game against the Sioux.

Against the Sioux... Win = In at #14 (most likely). Lose = Need help. Lots of help.
                  Didn't the Sioux end the Gopher's season last year. Wouldn't the Sioux be the favorite to win. Seems like the Gophers would want to avoid playing the Sioux.

Unless of course they want their season to end. If so it seems like UM and Tech do have a lot in common.

Ending the Gophers season in St. Paul sounds like fun. Sioux should be up for that, especially since they will be well rested.
                  "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Didn't the Sioux end the Gopher's season last year. Wouldn't the Sioux be the favorite to win. Seems like the Gophers would want to avoid playing the Sioux.

Unless of course they want their season to end. If so it seems like UM and Tech do have a lot in common.

Ending the Gophers season in St. Paul sounds like fun. Sioux should be up for that, especially since they will be well rested.
                    IIRC it was a little more complicated. After losing to the Sioux in three games in GF, the Gophers were on the bubble. It would come down to either SCSU or Minnesota as that last team on the bubble. SCSU played the Sioux at the X in the Final Five, and most knowledgeable fans understood the implications. If the Sioux won, the Gophers would catch the last spot. If SCSU won, the the Gophers were off the bubble. It was rather fun to see the rubes in Maroon and Gold cheering for the end of the Gopher's season. And when SCSU won, and they turned to taunt us, we let them know that by winning, SCSU ended the Gophers season. But, I am pretty sure they did not understand...The math is kind of complex I guess. I do not believe they really had degrees from Minnesota.
                    "Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is."

Comment

• Originally posted by squirtcoach View Post
                      IIRC it was a little more complicated. After losing to the Sioux in three games in GF, the Gophers were on the bubble. It would come down to either SCSU or Minnesota as that last team on the bubble. SCSU played the Sioux at the X in the Final Five, and most knowledgeable fans understood the implications. If the Sioux won, the Gophers would catch the last spot. If SCSU won, the the Gophers were off the bubble. It was rather fun to see the rubes in Maroon and Gold cheering for the end of the Gopher's season. And when SCSU won, and they turned to taunt us, we let them know that by winning, SCSU ended the Gophers season. But, I am pretty sure they did not understand...The math is kind of complex I guess. I do not believe they really had degrees from Minnesota.
                      Ummmm....the Sioux won that game...your memory is terrible.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        There you go again, letting facts get in the way of a perfectly good post!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          maybe he just watched the first few minutes of that game...

Comment

Originally posted by squirtcoach View Post
                            You have no idea what you are talking about. We are talking about last year, right? SCSU was not on the bubble last year. They were a 2 seed. The Gophers had no chance at making the tournament last year aside from basically winning the Final Five and getting an auto bid. And yes, SCSU did not win that game. You must be thinking of some other year.

Comment

Once Minnesota lost to UND last year they were ineligible for the tournament. Sub .500 record.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                                You have no idea what you are talking about. We are talking about last year, right? SCSU was not on the bubble last year. They were a 2 seed. The Gophers had no chance at making the tournament last year aside from basically winning the Final Five and getting an auto bid. And yes, SCSU did not win that game. You must be thinking of some other year.
                                Not sure what year he could have been thinking about. IIRC SCSU has only topped UND one time at the Final 5, in the 2001 championship game. I think MN made the NCAA's that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X