PDA

View Full Version : Castleton vs. Norwich

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BUhockey24
02-09-2011, 01:23 AM
For the first time ever neither Norwich or Middlebury (at this point in the season) can call themselves the best team in Vermont. That title goes to Castleton (18-2-1).

Its going to be a sellout game this Friday as No.4 Norwich comes to Rutland, VT to take on the no.3 Castleton Spartans.

Any predictions? Im guessing 4-3 Castleton, home crowd will give them the slight edge.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Why does one game need 2 threads? :rolleyes:

PrezdeJohnson09
02-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Why does one game need 2 threads? :rolleyes:
Reminds me of that one year we had about five different Oswego/Plattsburgh threads going ranging from tickets to bathrooms to french fries to parking etc.

:)

NUProf
02-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Reminds me of that one year we had about five different Oswego/Plattsburgh threads going ranging from tickets to bathrooms to french fries to parking etc.

:)

Sort of like Adrian-lite. Fans with lots of enthusiasm for a program that is making it to the top for the first time - the difference being, of course, that Adrian never had the lean years that Castleton had, and these guys are not quite as prolific,

norm1909
02-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Sort of like Adrian-lite. Fans with lots of enthusiasm for a program that is making it to the top for the first time - the difference being, of course, that Adrian never had the lean years that Castleton had, and these guys are not quite as prolific,

Or maybe they are also busy stocking ice balls :p

thatswhatshesaid
02-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Or maybe they are also busy stocking ice balls :p

I've been playing at spartan arena(formally known at the fieldhouse) for years now and have never heard of this iceball incident. Then again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team. But after seeing about a thousand posts about iceballs I've stocked up with Creed Ice IceBLOCKS and will proceed to pummel all the Norwich fans as they enter the building from the rooftop. Go big or go home right?

jerrynu26
02-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I've been playing at spartan arena(formally known at the fieldhouse) for years now and have never heard of this iceball incident. Then again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team. But after seeing about a thousand posts about iceballs I've stocked up with Creed Ice IceBLOCKS and will proceed to pummel all the Norwich fans as they enter the building from the rooftop. Go big or go home right?
And this is why the SOUTHERN MAINE fan who the incident occurred to would keep posting.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
IThen again I haven't really paid to much attention to Spartan hockey until they actually recruited and got a decent team.

So you're an admitted fair-weather fan? :D

jerrynu26
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
and band wagon jumper who'll be long gone when they lose a few games.

thatswhatshesaid
02-09-2011, 12:01 PM
So you're an admitted fair-weather fan? :D

Well I decided to go to every home game this year. I missed the first tournament but made every game since. I kept somewhat of an eye on the team over the last few years but only went to a few games cause well, lets be honest, they weren't very good. I plan on buying season tickets next year so I went from not being a fan at all to being a full time. Its hard to be a fair weather fan when the Spartans have rarely ever seen fair weather before this season.

joecct
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Why does one game need 2 threads? :rolleyes:Try 3 (and counting).

CROSBYNU63
02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Well how about talking some hockey????? The Cadets bring a high speed attacking offense while the Spartans will apply pressure and play more of a physical game. The small ice will favor Castleton. I believe Norwich has more depth and more big game experience as the upper classmen played in the championship game last year. I think it will be a one goal game with maybe an empty netter at the end. The Cadets would love to win but a tie would not be all that bad looking at what both teams have the following weekend, Norwich home against Tufts and Conn College and the Spartans away at Midd and Williams.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Well how about talking some hockey????? The Cadets bring a high speed attacking offense while the Spartans will apply pressure and play more of a physical game. The small ice will favor Castleton. I believe Norwich has more depth and more big game experience as the upper classmen played in the championship game last year. I think it will be a one goal game with maybe an empty netter at the end. The Cadets would love to win but a tie would not be all that bad looking at what both teams have the following weekend, Norwich home against Tufts and Conn College and the Spartans away at Midd and Williams.

Although a little bit offset by the fact Norwich has to go to Skidmore the following day in a potential trap game no matter Friday's result, while the Spartans get to beat up on St. Mikes at home...

NUProf
02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Although a little bit offset by the fact Norwich has to go to Skidmore the following day in a potential trap game no matter Friday's result, while the Spartans get to beat up on St. Mikes at home...
However, the Purple Knights have pulled off a couple of surprises this year, so that could also be a trap game. I don't like the idea of a tie, because then the Spartans have the tie breaker, and we'd have to rely on somebody else to do our business for us. A win puts our fate in our own hands.

hockeyfan77
02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
4-2 Norwich with and ENG goal to seal the game. I also see the GWG coming on the power play. My honest opinion of what I think is going to happen.

NU-Bozeman
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Does anyone have info on video / audio options for this game??

PrezdeJohnson09
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Does anyone have info on video / audio options for this game??

www.wdevradio.com

www.nsnsports.net/castleton

joecct
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have info on video / audio options for this game??You can make it a Bozeman tripleheader this week!!

Thursday - Salem State @ Plymouth State (www.littleeast.tv) 7 PM ET
Friday - the aforementioned Norwich @ Castleton 7PM ET
Saturday - Fitchburg State @ Salem State (vikings.nmtvsports.com) 2PM ET

If you know the Cannata's say Hi!

LoudHorns31
02-09-2011, 06:31 PM
anyone know about the availability of tickets for the game? Thinking about making a trip across the lake to watch the battle.....

PrezdeJohnson09
02-09-2011, 06:41 PM
anyone know about the availability of tickets for the game? Thinking about making a trip across the lake to watch the battle.....

If you really want to go let me know how many tickets you need and I can get you some. Gotta pay for them but I can guarantee you tix. For any Norwich fans, tickets are still available for the game.