Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 UNH, Home and Home with #12 Merrimack, Fri 2/11 Sat 2/12

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    What are the good places to grab a bite before the game? I've been to Libby's. Any others?
    Wings Your Way is our headquarters whenever we go there. They have great wings, and other food, and they have a full bar now as well. 3 big screens always have something good going on. If you like pizza, Wildcat Pizza makes a good pie. And there's Young's but it's more of a breakfast place. There's a couple of other pizza type joints on Main Street, but that pretty much covers it.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

What are the good places to grab a bite before the game? I've been to Libby's. Any others?
      Out on 114 towards Danvers there's a Fuddrucker's, it's probably the closest to campus. Out on 114 towards Lawrence, there's a Harrison's Roast Beef (on the left), and further on, the 99 Pub (on the right) and (on the left) The Loft (good clam chowder).

Harrison's is a fast food place, the Loft is more a sit-down, but they serve food at the bar.

For anyone who uses Google here's a public map with those places on it; feel free to comment or add your own favorite places.

http://goo.gl/maps/rexZ

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
        Out on 114 towards Danvers there's a Fuddrucker's, it's probably the closest to campus. Out on 114 towards Lawrence, there's a Harrison's Roast Beef (on the left), and further on, the 99 Pub (on the right) and (on the left) The Loft (good clam chowder).

Harrison's is a fast food place, the Loft is more a sit-down, but they serve food at the bar.

For anyone who uses Google here's a public map with those places on it; feel free to comment or add your own favorite places.

http://goo.gl/maps/rexZ
        I think he (A Merrimack fan, yes?) is asking about good places to grab a bite in Durham, as he mentioned Libby's

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
          Wings Your Way is our headquarters whenever we go there. They have great wings, and other food, and they have a full bar now as well. 3 big screens always have something good going on. If you like pizza, Wildcat Pizza makes a good pie. And there's Young's but it's more of a breakfast place. There's a couple of other pizza type joints on Main Street, but that pretty much covers it.
          IMO, Wings has gone downhill since Corey and Kirby left to manage their other restaurants (in Manchester, fantastic, and NorthHampton). I've had too many bad experiences to recommend it any more . . . but if you like it, power to ya! I'd also recommend Ballards; pretty good food, all drafts $3 except Guinness which is $4. Quicker food options are Franz's Food (in the laundromat, yes, but great food), or a new place in the Durham Marketplace Plaza, called Mino's roast beef. Excellent, Boston style RB Sandwhiches.

Also consider Mei Wei, the restaurant formally known as China Buffet - much improved. And I should also mention the Knot; on Main St, and I ate their last Friday. Was thrilled at the food, and prices - I got twin pork chops, taters and gravy, and veggies, for $5 (special). Nifty.

Safe travels!
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            IMO, Wings has gone downhill since Corey and Kirby left to manage their other restaurants (in Manchester, fantastic, and NorthHampton). I've had too many bad experiences to recommend it any more . . . but if you like it, power to ya!
            Safe travels!
            Co-sign. I've had more bad experiences with WYW service in 2011 than I had the previous four years while giving them regular business.
            In addition to pizza, Wildcat Pizza also has great pastas, subs and calzones (but does not serve beer). You also can't go wrong with any of the three bar/restaurants in town-Libby's, Ballard's, The Knot.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Question . . .

If I want to attend the game at Lawler, should I get tickets in advance? I never have before - we live 30 minutes from North Andover, so it's always been a spur-of-the-moment trip . . . we haven't decided if we're going but are leaning towards it. Get tickets now, or Saturday night?

Thanks!

~Keith
              I haven't been on here in a year...
              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Hey Keith, I would highly recommend buying tickets for the game before the weekend rolls around. As of last Saturday I heard that only a few hundred seats were left according to the Athletics Dept, and if you are bringing a big group, sooner is much better than later. A friend of mine who is a UNH season ticket holder bought his seats two weeks ago in anticipation of this matchup, so short answer: they are going fast!
                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                "Why?"
                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                  Hey Keith, I would highly recommend buying tickets for the game before the weekend rolls around. As of last Saturday I heard that only a few hundred seats were left according to the Athletics Dept, and if you are bringing a big group, sooner is much better than later. A friend of mine who is a UNH season ticket holder bought his seats two weeks ago in anticipation of this matchup, so short answer: they are going fast!
                  Agreed. There were some very sad faces of Maine fans shut out for the game back in January while kids were still on break.

Comment

Agreed. There were some very sad faces of Maine fans shut out for the game back in January while kids were still on break.
                    I never thought I'd see the day, but there were people trying to get scalped tix outside Lawler before one of the games against BC or BU in the fall

Comment

....and where is the best place to park at Lawler. Seems like I always have to park a quarter mile down the street......

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        ....and where is the best place to park at Lawler. Seems like I always have to park a quarter mile down the street......
                        Yup...and you'll have to this time too...the lot nearest the building, I believe, is set up for Blue Line Club members and Handicapped only.
                        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Not many good spots unless you are a blue line club member. Best bet is probably to park along the entrance road that runs paralell to rt 114 and just walk down so you avoid the traffic jam and don't have to walk through the dorms back to the lots down there. I love going to UNH, going Friday night, but one of the worst walks is up to the street up those stairs then back down those stairs across the railroad tracks. Always freezing and bitter.

Comment

Parking at Lawler can be tough. I think you can pay $10 or something for a BLC spot. If not, I'd go down by the campus center and walk up or park by the church and shuttle if theyre still offering those.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              Question . . .

If I want to attend the game at Lawler, should I get tickets in advance? I never have before - we live 30 minutes from North Andover, so it's always been a spur-of-the-moment trip . . . we haven't decided if we're going but are leaning towards it. Get tickets now, or Saturday night?

Thanks!

~Keith
                              you should absolutely get ticketes ahead of time. I read today that there is like 250 of them left. So if theya re not gone already, I would buy them early. Proabably today

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                                Co-sign. I've had more bad experiences with WYW service in 2011 than I had the previous four years while giving them regular business.
                                In addition to pizza, Wildcat Pizza also has great pastas, subs and calzones (but does not serve beer). You also can't go wrong with any of the three bar/restaurants in town-Libby's, Ballard's, The Knot.
                                Haven't thoroughly explored Downtown lately; is Pauly's Pockets still there? They made kick-a** gyros.
                                A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X