Congrats to BU - 2011 Beanpot Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats to BU - 2011 Beanpot Champions

Speaking of Glass (a.k.a. "half empty") There's a bu stat that I'd like to see. In just the past ten years, how many players has jp kicked off the team or have suddenly ceased to become team members from other reasons i.e. Bourque or LaCouture?

You guys keep such extensive stats. Where can these names be found?

The Beanpot? Not this year, folks. It's BC, or just possibly NU! You better root for Harvard tonight. It's your only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Glad to see you've stopped spinning on the Andy Glass dismissal!

With BU's play of late, I'm wondering if perhaps Parker will sacrifice another lamb come March to see if it will spur the team on another winning streak as the playoffs roll around.
      We'll see, sometimes addition by subtraction provides a non-linear result...so he might not need to do it again...beating a rival 4 times straight isn't easy, tonight would be a good night for BU to catch a break and get 1.

I would suggest they not go down 3-0 to BC again...sure it is the "worst lead in hockey" but I don't think the Terriers can bank on adages to carry them to the win.
      Last edited by pirate; 02-07-2011, 12:34 PM.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        We'll see, sometimes addition by subtraction provides a non-linear result...so he might not need to do it again...beating a rival 4 times straight isn't easy, tonight would be a good night for BU to catch a break and get 1.

I would suggest they not go down 3-0 to BC again...sure it is the "worst lead in hockey" but I don't think the Terriers can bank on an adages to carry them to the win.
        I believe a 2-goal lead is the worst lead in hockey.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

With BU's play of late, I'm wondering if perhaps Parker will sacrifice another lamb come March to see if it will spur the team on another winning streak as the playoffs roll around.
          Uhhh helllooooo, the playoffs start tonight.
          time to write new history

Comment

The surprising return of the Girl In the Brown Sweater couldn't help BC last night. Too bad. Because Jerry York's neon yellow bow tie went well with his Dick Umile turtleneck. Certainly better than the burlap sack Jackie wore...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              Congrats to Ticketmaster for screwing the general public with a $13 surcharge
              What a joke!

Comment

With the results of this year's "BU Invitational" (aka the Beanpot) all but decided, now would be a good time to congratulate the BU players and fans on their win over #1 BC tonight and Harvard/NU next Monday night as well.

The rest of the country will celebrate Grounddog Day, the 2nd Tuesday of February, the day when traditionally BU's season ends unofficially, in due time. But for now, we will let the dogs have their day in the sun and congratulate them on their national championship. Much like the Lombardi Trophy returns home to Green Bay today, the Beanpot returns to where it "belongs" next Monday night and BC fans everywhere appreciate the BU fans letting us "borrow" it for the past year.

CONGRATS TO BU!
                Whoops!

Looks like Grounddog Day is coming a week early this year. Everyone enjoy it tomorrow.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Thread fail!
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    Thread fail!
                    Try again.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Try again.
                      I will only believe what I believe you are insinuating if you post a thread congratulating Northeastern as well.
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I will only believe what I believe you are insinuating if you post a thread congratulating Northeastern as well.
                        Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                          Makes you wonder. I can't believe they waived off that BC goal after the review. What were they looking at???
                          ^^ I win ^^

Comment

Why? Wouldn't you rather see NU win vs CHCC? I believe a CHCC Congrats thread is in order! (I'm not starting it...)
                            Originally posted by Bakunin
                            Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Good win BU! Now it's on to the championship against Havard.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                                ^^ I win ^^
                                As do I.

From last year's Beanpot thread:

"There will be some contraversy as BU will benefit from some sort of video review (have never seen this before!)."

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4602665
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X