Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Only Hope, Winter Carnival 2011, Bemidji @ Tech 2/11-2/12

I fail at dates, oh well fixed and the videos re-added

I know it's early, but I had a thread title thought up already...

If we don't win one of these, there is a very good chance that we will end up 3-30-3
    with a 34 game winless streak going into Playoffs....

Credit to Dirty
    I love the incorrect "your" in the video title of this
    Last edited by techcodemonkey; 02-06-2011, 07:41 PM.

Re: Our Only Hope, Winter Carnival 2011, Bemidji @ Tech 2/11-2/12

You son of a b^tch. You stole my video!
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I thought you could edit titles if you created the thread?

Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I thought you could edit titles if you created the thread?

Oh well
        I looked for the option and couldn't find it....

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        You son of a b^tch. You stole my video!
        Better?

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
          I looked for the option and couldn't find it....

Better?
          You called me Brent! That's 1000x worse. I will murder you.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            You called me Brent! That's 1000x worse. I will murder you.
            haha, i realized after i hit save that it was wrong, but i was wondering what reaction that would result....so i left it haha

Comment

Because it got baleeted somehow:

Tech's tragic number currently sits at 6 points.

The following scenarios will clinch sole possession of last place for Tech:

1) Bemidji sweeps.
              2) Bemidji takes 3 points AND Mankato takes at least 1 point AND St. Cloud takes at least 1 point.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Well we need to look at the positive aspects - We've never finished in a position number greater than 10 and this year we have a great chance to finish 12. 12 > 10 so I think that is a win. No one else in the history of the WCHA has ever finished 12. So that makes us special.

Also for all the talk about UNO and BSU joining the WCHA and how tough it was going to be vs their former leagues, how thankful do you think BSU is for the season Tech is having???

And yet another Monday after getting swept is underway and since Tech has not won since I watched them in October, I'm starting to think seriously about coming up for Cari. The streak must die!

Maybe we need a campaign for this weekend: "Streak to Stop the Streak" (we could run through the quad with Will Farrell). Or we could dress as BSU fans and throw things on the ice forcing the Beavers to receive bench minors or forfeit the games? Any other ideas?

Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
                Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're in 12th. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
                D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. WCHA dropped the big one.
                Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
                Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
                Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

"Let's get a win streak rolling!"
                Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I say we win the next three. If dirty, oh I mean brent helps...
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Well we need to look at the positive aspects - We've never finished in a position number greater than 10 and this year we have a great chance to finish 12. 12 > 10 so I think that is a win. No one else in the history of the WCHA has ever finished 12. So that makes us special.

Also for all the talk about UNO and BSU joining the WCHA and how tough it was going to be vs their former leagues, how thankful do you think BSU is for the season Tech is having???

And yet another Monday after getting swept is underway and since Tech has not won since I watched them in October, I'm starting to think seriously about coming up for Cari. The streak must die!

Maybe we need a campaign for this weekend: "Streak to Stop the Streak" (we could run through the quad with Will Farrell). Or we could dress as BSU fans and throw things on the ice forcing the Beavers to receive bench minors or forfeit the games? Any other ideas?

Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
                    Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're in 12th. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
                    D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. WCHA dropped the big one.
                    Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
                    Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
                    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

"Let's get a win streak rolling!"
                    Ryan J
                    Who Hates Huntsville??
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Is there some place online that has the MTU Winter Carnival W/L record?
                      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                      ECAC:
                      HEA: UMass
                      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Positive....positives.....hmmmm, well, at least the Black Eyed Peas won't be playing during intermission.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

With the way Bemidji has been up and down this year, it would not shock me to see Tech's streak end this weekend..... I hope it doesn't, but it wouldn't shock me.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I think some T-Shirts or banners are in order for this weekend with a new Winter Carnival Theme.
                            "WCHA Battle for the Bottom 2011" -- or -- if you like the rhyming type...
                            "August to March the Huskies Play as a Team,
                            but October to February Got no Wins in Between".

I've also heard they plan to have the Portage Lake Hospital ambulance driving around in the parking lot before the game with the lights and sirens on to let folks know there is going to be some action on the ice. Well at least that is what Reg Dunlop told me.

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The carnival games have never been so insignificant.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X