Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver @ MN: Dasher Dancer Takes on Dapper Don!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver @ MN: Dasher Dancer Takes on Dapper Don!

And here...we...go.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: Denver @ MN: Dasher Dancer Takes on Dapper Don!

Maybe the Gophers can play as inspired next weekend as they did this last one and take some points from Boone. We'd sure appreciate it.
    Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
      Maybe the Gophers can play as inspired next weekend as they did this last one and take some points from Boone. We'd sure appreciate it.
      Even though it's a big rivalry, CC (about our talent level this year, according to the standings) played DU tough. I hope we can, too.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

CC's is a good .500 team. They have a lot of talent and their quick. Howe is giving up about 3 goals a game. He seems to be on again, off again. Case in point last Friday against UND he was dialed in and gave up 2. Last Saturday he gave up 6.

I think DU will be ready for the Gophs and pull the sweep on the road. The bye weekend is behind us, as is the tough series against the Tigers. The next two road series are super important/tough for the Pios. Next weekend against the Gophs and then two weeks later against UNO. I like our schedule coming down the stretch.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

I doubt Denver sweeps Minnesota on the road, as road sweeps in the WCHA are rare.

Split is likely.

Comment

We wouldn't. We need Denver to sweep. I mean come on, do you want a MacNaughton or the Gophers in Alaska for the playoffs?
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

MN has nothing to play for. Their season has been done for about a week now.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                I doubt Denver sweeps Minnesota on the road, as road sweeps in the WCHA are rare.

Split is likely.
                Gophers play awful at home. Split may be likely but I bet Denver comes away with more than that.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

DU is 12-2-2 at home and 5-4-3 on the road. Their only 2 losses at home were to then #1 ranked BC early in October. On the road they have lost twice to CC (not the same weekend) and once to UND and UMD. They haven't swept anyone on the road and haven't been swept on the road either. They took 3 points at VT, UAA and MSUM. We alll remember last year when they beat MN all 4 games including back-to-back 3-0 shutouts in Minneapolis. Chevy was playing out of his mind at the time. That was a rarity in DU winning both in Minneapolis and sweeping all 4 games in the season. I think DU takes at least 3 points this weekend and hopefully 4.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Cepis and Gwoz get in a war of words, which distracts Sacchetti and he plows into Murray, causing Hill to suggest to the ref that a penalty should be called on the goalie for not moving out of Sacchetti's way. Meanwhile, Fairchild injures 3 DU players, by continuously shooting into their shins, giving them all stress fractures and leaving them unable to return to the games. Patterson is scouted out by Cirque de Soleil due to his ability to stand on his head and still carry the whole Gophers team, and he doesn't disappoint. He'll sign a 10-year contract with them on Monday.

tDon, during this fracas, makes a personal visit in the stands to Scooby for a therapeutic session, converting Scooby to The Glass Is Half-Full school of thought. Maturi sees this, and instantly gives tDon a 5-year extension, due to his miracle working (which is needed for this Gophers squad). Finally, some UND fans are caught trying to blow up Mariucci, due to hatred of both programs. A man who goes by the code name "Dirty" and his cohort (under the name "Bro Gin") are arrested and are pending trial.

Lost in all this are the results of the games, so the league calls it a split, awarding 2 points to each team.

Comment

Brent, you are terrible at telling stories. Don't do it again, just leave it to the experts.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Live TV this weekend

Friday - FSN North and FCS Central 5:00 PM PT, 6:00 PM MT, 7:00 PM CT, 8:00 PM ET, FSN RM tape delayed at 10PM MT

Saturday - FSN North, FSN RM and FCS Pacific 3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 5:00 PM CT, 6:00 PM ET
                        Last edited by du78; 02-08-2011, 09:32 AM.
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          Live TV this weekend

Friday - FSN North and FCS Central 5:00 PM PT, 6:00 PM MT, 7:00 PM CT, 8:00 PM ET

Saturday - FSN North and FCS Pacific 3:00 PM PT, 4:00 PM MT, 5:00 PM CT, 6:00 PM ET
                          Watch the pre & post game shows on both nights to capture a glimpse of Boone in thebackground.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Split is likely.
                            Classic sandbagging.

Comment

I just hope we're not down by 2 goals after Denver gets off the plane.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X