8.Plattsburgh
    9.MSOE
    10.Elmira
    11.Bowdoin
    12.Hamline
    13.Hobart
    14.Manhattanville
    15.Middlebury

The fact that Middlebury won't be ranked and Bowdoin still will be is sickening. Just give the NESCAC title to the Panthers now. No team in that league is beating Midd in the playoffs. They are going to go from eighth place to hosting the thing with the collective choke jobs Bowdoin, Amherst, and Williams have had in the second half.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 2/7

After this weekend, I feel Manhattanville needs to be out of the top 15, swept two weekends in a row. JMHO.
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
      After this weekend, I feel Manhattanville needs to be out of the top 15, swept two weekends in a row. JMHO.
      You're probably right. But they won't be. Just like Bowdoin won't be out of the poll. Williams will probably still even be in even though Middlebury is going to wipe the floor with them when they finally play their travel partner game against each other.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Hope you are wrong. Middlebury is my least favourite team. Their attitude sucks and the coach should have won a poor sportsmanship award by now. Bowdoin does need to come to terms with their talent level and play with urgency until the final horn. Let's see how this season ends. Apparently Hamilton is one of the most physical teams. Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.

Comment

Originally posted by fan for life View Post
          Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.
          Finally? Seems last time I checked the East has won something like 11 of the last 13 national titles. To be fair, eight of those went to Middlebury, who at times no one was going to beat regardless of what region they were from, but still. It seems the East has been plenty prepared.
          Last edited by XYZ; 02-06-2011, 12:52 AM.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Hamilton is not that physical. Most physical team I saw all year was CSC.

Comment

Originally posted by fan for life View Post
              Hope you are wrong. Middlebury is my least favourite team. Their attitude sucks and the coach should have won a poor sportsmanship award by now. Bowdoin does need to come to terms with their talent level and play with urgency until the final horn. Let's see how this season ends. Apparently Hamilton is one of the most physical teams. Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.
              Bowdoin's teams have not been able to win clutch games in any sport. Bowdoin only has one men's NESCAC Championship in any sport (tennis) ever. Blaming other teams or coaches for poor sportsmanship is one way of explaining this shortcoming albeit not a very convincing one.

Comment

Utica will be higher. KRACH has them #2 in the nation behind just Oswego. SOS is #1 now also. To me a mathematical formula is more definitive than the pollsters opinions. They are peaking at the right time !!

Benny sorry about the "no show' but the weather was horrid, watched "Gate" on tv beat Clarkson.
                Last edited by sshablak; 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Utica will be higher.
                  I can't see that happening. Utica has been behind Adrian and Geneseo in the polls all year. Both keep winning. Why would the voters jump Utica over either of them? It's just not how this poll has worked historically.

Whatever the outcome of the USCHO poll this week, it will be nice to see Utica highly ranked when the NCAA comes out with their regional rankings.
                  Originally posted by zamboney
                  the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
                  2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
                    Whatever the outcome of the USCHO poll this week, it will be nice to see Utica highly ranked when the NCAA comes out with their regional rankings.
                    Which should debut this week IIRC.

Utica should be #3 in the East I think. Right behind Oswego and Elmira.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Which should debut this week IIRC.

Utica should be #3 in the East I think. Right behind Oswego and Elmira.
                      Is this the FIRST one (i.e. the one that doesn't get released to the public), or the second one (i.e. the first one we will see)?
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I thought it was the last one that wasn't released to the public? Or are there two that aren't released (the first one and the last one)?
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Is this the FIRST one (i.e. the one that doesn't get released to the public), or the second one (i.e. the first one we will see)?
                          What's the point of the secret rankings anyway? So that the smoke-filled phone call can have more credibility?
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I thought it was the last one that wasn't released to the public? Or are there two that aren't released (the first one and the last one)?
                            The first and last ones are not released to the public.

I believe the first "secret" rankings were last week since the NCAA sent an email out to all SID's as a reminder to have your scores updated in the database.

I could be wrong though. I know the first rankings usually come out in early or mid February which is exactly where we are at right now.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              What's the point of the secret rankings anyway? So that the smoke-filled phone call can have more credibility?
                              It's more like a practice run than anything. Probably actually a good move as that way everyone is up to speed on things the following week.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                              X