8.Plattsburgh
9.MSOE
10.Elmira
11.Bowdoin
12.Hamline
13.Hobart
14.Manhattanville
15.Middlebury

The fact that Middlebury won't be ranked and Bowdoin still will be is sickening. Just give the NESCAC title to the Panthers now. No team in that league is beating Midd in the playoffs. They are going to go from eighth place to hosting the thing with the collective choke jobs Bowdoin, Amherst, and Williams have had in the second half.

jconnor
02-05-2011, 10:53 PM
After this weekend, I feel Manhattanville needs to be out of the top 15, swept two weekends in a row. JMHO.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-05-2011, 10:59 PM
After this weekend, I feel Manhattanville needs to be out of the top 15, swept two weekends in a row. JMHO.

You're probably right. But they won't be. Just like Bowdoin won't be out of the poll. Williams will probably still even be in even though Middlebury is going to wipe the floor with them when they finally play their travel partner game against each other.

fan for life
02-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Hope you are wrong. Middlebury is my least favourite team. Their attitude sucks and the coach should have won a poor sportsmanship award by now. Bowdoin does need to come to terms with their talent level and play with urgency until the final horn. Let's see how this season ends. Apparently Hamilton is one of the most physical teams. Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.

XYZ
02-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.

Finally? Seems last time I checked the East has won something like 11 of the last 13 national titles. To be fair, eight of those went to Middlebury, who at times no one was going to beat regardless of what region they were from, but still. It seems the East has been plenty prepared.

hockeyfan77
02-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Hamilton is not that physical. Most physical team I saw all year was CSC.

puxrex
02-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Hope you are wrong. Middlebury is my least favourite team. Their attitude sucks and the coach should have won a poor sportsmanship award by now. Bowdoin does need to come to terms with their talent level and play with urgency until the final horn. Let's see how this season ends. Apparently Hamilton is one of the most physical teams. Finally the east will be better prepared to meet the west.

Bowdoin's teams have not been able to win clutch games in any sport. Bowdoin only has one men's NESCAC Championship in any sport (tennis) ever. Blaming other teams or coaches for poor sportsmanship is one way of explaining this shortcoming albeit not a very convincing one.

sshablak
02-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Utica will be higher. KRACH has them #2 in the nation behind just Oswego. SOS is #1 now also. To me a mathematical formula is more definitive than the pollsters opinions. They are peaking at the right time !!

Benny sorry about the "no show' but the weather was horrid, watched "Gate" on tv beat Clarkson.

Pioneerfan11
02-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Utica will be higher.

I can't see that happening. Utica has been behind Adrian and Geneseo in the polls all year. Both keep winning. Why would the voters jump Utica over either of them? It's just not how this poll has worked historically.

Whatever the outcome of the USCHO poll this week, it will be nice to see Utica highly ranked when the NCAA comes out with their regional rankings.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Whatever the outcome of the USCHO poll this week, it will be nice to see Utica highly ranked when the NCAA comes out with their regional rankings.

Which should debut this week IIRC.

Utica should be #3 in the East I think. Right behind Oswego and Elmira.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Which should debut this week IIRC.

Utica should be #3 in the East I think. Right behind Oswego and Elmira.

Is this the FIRST one (i.e. the one that doesn't get released to the public), or the second one (i.e. the first one we will see)?

Hammer
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought it was the last one that wasn't released to the public? Or are there two that aren't released (the first one and the last one)?

NUProf
02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Is this the FIRST one (i.e. the one that doesn't get released to the public), or the second one (i.e. the first one we will see)?

What's the point of the secret rankings anyway? So that the smoke-filled phone call can have more credibility?

PrezdeJohnson09
02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I thought it was the last one that wasn't released to the public? Or are there two that aren't released (the first one and the last one)?

The first and last ones are not released to the public.

I believe the first "secret" rankings were last week since the NCAA sent an email out to all SID's as a reminder to have your scores updated in the database.

I could be wrong though. I know the first rankings usually come out in early or mid February which is exactly where we are at right now.

XYZ
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
What's the point of the secret rankings anyway? So that the smoke-filled phone call can have more credibility?

It's more like a practice run than anything. Probably actually a good move as that way everyone is up to speed on things the following week.

LakerEagleLover
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
USCHO.com Division III Men's Poll
February 7, 2011
Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
1 Oswego (18) 20-2-0 298 1
2 St. Norbert ( 2) 19-3-1 280 2
3 Castleton 18-2-1 249 3
4 Norwich 13-5-3 237 4
5 Adrian 17-3-1 193 6
6 Geneseo 15-5-2 190 7
7 Utica 17-5-0 175 8
8 Bowdoin 13-5-1 153 5
9 Plattsburgh 15-6-1 121 12
10 Milwaukee School of 17-3-1 114 10
11 Elmira 13-5-3 103 13
12 Manhattanville 14-8-1 83 10
13 Hamline 12-4-5 81 8
14 Hobart 13-6-2 46 15
15 Williams 11-6-2 35 14
Others Receiving Votes: Middlebury 18, Hamilton 7, Wisconsin-Stevens Point 6, Salem State 3, Wisconsin-Superior 3, Plymouth State 2, Curry 1, Neumann 1, Wisconsin-River Falls 1

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/#ixzz1DJBLj57L

fan for life
02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I admit I haven't seen all of the top 20 div III teams play but no team I've seen has knocked the net off more than Middlebury. My opinion of Beany comes from the lack of respect he has shown other teams over the years, of course, he will treat a fellow NESCAC team reasonably well. this years Middlebury team has strong and weak lines IMO. If opposition exploits them they are very beatable. Norwich and Castleton clearly better.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I admit I haven't seen all of the top 20 div III teams play but no team I've seen has knocked the net off more than Middlebury. My opinion of Beany comes from the lack of respect he has shown other teams over the years, of course, he will treat a fellow NESCAC team reasonably well. this years Middlebury team has strong and weak lines IMO. If opposition exploits them they are very beatable. Norwich and Castleton clearly better.

How is Norwich clearly better when Middlebury just tied them 4-4 on Friday? That was one of the most evenly matched games I've seen in a long time. Midd outshot Norwich by two, which not many teams have done in Kreitzberg. Those boys can play. Don't get sucked into Middlebury's record and think they are done. They are the odds on favorite to win the NESCAC once again this season. I'll be stunned if anyone beats them in the NESCAC tournament.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
how is norwich clearly better when middlebury just tied them 4-4 on friday? That was one of the most evenly matched games i've seen in a long time. Midd outshot norwich by two, which not many teams have done in kreitzberg. Those boys can play. Don't get sucked into middlebury's record and think they are done. They are the odds on favorite to win the nescac once again this season. I'll be stunned if anyone beats them in the nescac tournament.

dftt

Birds
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
How is Norwich clearly better when Middlebury just tied them 4-4 on Friday? That was one of the most evenly matched games I've seen in a long time. Midd outshot Norwich by two, which not many teams have done in Kreitzberg. Those boys can play. Don't get sucked into Middlebury's record and think they are done. They are the odds on favorite to win the NESCAC once again this season. I'll be stunned if anyone beats them in the NESCAC tournament.

I can't agree more. Middlebury plays a very defensive style that can beat alot of teams,very impressive.