Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Central NY visits the Capital District
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (2/11, 2/12)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    What you talkin' about? I've been going to RPI home games all season!

Comment

Visiting the Capital District: the only form of Capital Punishment I support.
      Here we come!

Comment

Colgate won't be favored in either of its games against the Capital District duo, but they did get that 13.2 pound gorilla off its back.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          Colgate won't be favored in either of its games against the Capital District duo, but they did get that 13.2 pound gorilla off its back.
          Congrats to 'gate getting their first league win, vs Clarkson, no less! Why not bring some Colgate fans to HFH this Friday? You should be able to get tickets...
          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
            13.2 pounds? That's pretty light.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

13.2 pounds? That's pretty light.
              13 losses and 2 ties before getting a league win. I counted each loss as a pound and added .2 for the draws.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Colgate will be coming in very happy with themselves having won their last game.
                I would like to point out, that our record overall is 18-6-4. (very nice). Our record on Friday night is 6-5-2.
                We had better be ready for Colgate.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

I hope so too. Can't look forward to Cornell. Speaking of Cornell, they are a hot team as of late. I'm sure the boys want some revange of the ugly game they had at Ithaca. Should be a good game, and a good crowd at the HFH.

Comment

Gotta get to Colgate early to squash any form of motivation/momentum they may be bringing in after winning its first league game. A quick goal or physical play to set the tone for the game is a must. If the boys get caught looking ahead to Cornell, it could be a very long night. York in net or do we let Bryce take the reigns for this game and make sure York is 100% for the next night and so on?
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      Gotta get to Colgate early to squash any form of motivation/momentum they may be bringing in after winning its first league game. A quick goal or physical play to set the tone for the game is a must. If the boys get caught looking ahead to Cornell, it could be a very long night. York in net or do we let Bryce take the reigns for this game and make sure York is 100% for the next night and so on?
                      guess it all depends on the doctor visit today (Monday)
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The Big Red have to be a scary team to play coming into the finishing straight here. 7-1-2 in their last 10 with a blowout over RPI, a fluky (for Dartmouth not Cornell) road tie at Thompson and a 2-1 road victory at Hobey. Not a team I'd want to play right now.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          Colgate will be coming in very happy with themselves having won their last game.
                          I would like to point out, that our record overall is 18-6-4. (very nice). Our record on Friday night is 6-5-2.
                          We had better be ready for Colgate.
                          Add to that our long time propensity for playing to the level of the competition. We have a knack for making most games nail biters. I just hope we go into this game healthy. Colgate's record is extremely deceptive. They gave us everything we could handle in the last meeting and we were fortunate to come out with a win. Our record against them the last 10 years is not sterling either. We will need to play at a high level for the entire 60 minutes. Working in our favor, however, is that we do seem to be a much better team at HFH than on the road.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Add to that our long time propensity for playing to the level of the competition. We have a knack for making most games nail biters. I just hope we go into this game healthy. Colgate's record is extremely deceptive. They gave us everything we could handle in the last meeting and we were fortunate to come out with a win. Our record against them the last 10 years is not sterling either. We will need to play at a high level for the entire 60 minutes. Working in our favor, however, is that we do seem to be a much better team at HFH than on the road.
                            Strategy against Colgate: Pretend like it's the Governor's Cup.

Have we even had a game yet where we've actually played 60 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Strategy against Colgate: Pretend like it's the Governor's Cup.

Have we even had a game yet where we've actually played 60 minutes?
                              The Brown victory on the road was quite convincing, as were both Dartmouth victories (especially the one at HFH).

Comment

Working...
                              X