Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday's Northeast Storm - Any canceled games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Northeast Storm - Any canceled games?

Curious to know what it takes to cancel a game due to weather and travel concerns.

Home games at
    Brown
    Yale
    Quinnipiac
    Holy Cross
    Sacred Heart
    U.Connecticut
    Merrimack
    New Hampshire

Re: Saturday's Northeast Storm - Any canceled games?

I've heard that Quinnipiac won't cancel as long as both teams and the refs can get to the rink. We've only come close once that I'm aware of and they ended up only delaying the start by 30 minutes.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      I've heard that Quinnipiac won't cancel as long as both teams and the refs can get to the rink. We've only come close once that I'm aware of and they ended up only delaying the start by 30 minutes.
      That's pretty much how it works in Hockey East too. The recent postponement of the BU@Merrimack game was under very severe storm and traffic conditions, and the first in HE in a while, IIRC. Heck, I drove to Maine some years ago on a Friday, in a blizzard, for a BC/Maine two game set. Four inches on the ground when we left Boston, over a foot of snow when we arrived in Orono. But the visiting team was there on Thursday. Game on!
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

If UNH didn't cancel that Sunday afternoon game versus Maine a few years ago then they will never cancel anything.

Comment

I remember a playoff game between Providence and BU being cancelled about 10 years ago when snow and ice turned I-95 in Massachusetts into a twisted wreckage of more than a hundred cars. As I recall, the BU bus could not get through the mess. If the two teams can make it they typically play.

Comment

Not exactly NE but the Friday Alaska/Ferris State game was rescheduled to Sunday because Ferris' flight to Fairbanks was canceled due to the snowstorm.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The way large roofs have been collapsing in our area, I am not sure I would want to be under any flat large span roof in CT. Being a Fire Chief in my area of response alone we have had three large collapses of wood framed peaked structures, with an estimated dollar loss of 3-4 million. A 200'x100' roof of a warehouse dropped last night in an instant, thank God the workers were home for the day. The snow load on roofs in CT is causing a disaster that will probably be declared by the President soon.

That said, I will take my chances under the Whale to see Yale defeat Harvard tomorrow.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I was planning on driving from the NYC area to Hamden (Quinnipiac) on Saturday. I hope the weather doesn't change that.
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

UConn's game against Army has not been cancelled, but since UConn's home arena is currently closed for precautions against the weight of snow collapsing the roof, the game will instead be at the XL Center (as will the women's game vs. Northeastern on Sunday).
                  UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
                    UConn's game against Army has not been cancelled, but since UConn's home arena is currently closed for precautions against the weight of snow collapsing the roof, the game will instead be at the XL Center (as will the women's game vs. Northeastern on Sunday).
                    . How ironic, they move the game to the only NHL rink to have ever collapsed due to snow.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                    X