Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/3/11 - Painful news for the MASCAC - Carey declares them dead (and other scores)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/3/11 - Painful news for the MASCAC - Carey declares them dead (and other scores)

It's Thursday, which means that the ECAC-NE and and the MASCAC have some games on tap, plus some games out West..

Johnson & Wales at Wentworth 7:00 pm
    St. John's at Hamline 7:00 pm
    Worcester State at Salem State 7:00 pm
    Wis-Stout at Wis-Eau Claire 7:00 pm
    Fitchburg State at UMass Dartmouth 7:30 pm
    Plymouth State at Westfield State 7:35 pm
    Western N.E. at Curry 7:35 pm
    Framingham State at Stonehill 8:30 pm
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2/3/11 - Painful news for the MASCAC - Carey declares them dead (and other scores

ECAC Northeast

Johnson & Wales at Wentworth - 7:00 ET (Live Stats, PPV Video)
    Western N.E. at Curry - 7:35 ET (Live Stats, PPV Video)

MASCAC

Worcester State at Salem State - 7:00 ET (Video)
    Fitchburg State at UMass Dartmouth - 7:30 ET (Video)
    Plymouth State at Westfield State - 7:35 ET (Video)

Other
    Wis-Stout at Wis-Eau Claire - 7:00 CT (Live Stats, Video)
    St. John's at Hamline - 7:15 CT (Away Audio, Live Stats)
    Framingham State at Stonehill - 8:30 ET (no coverage)

Comment

Re: 2/3/11 - Painful news for the MASCAC - Carey declares them dead (and other scores

End 1
      Worcester 1
      Salem 1

btw, Redlight stiill out with a lower body injury. Still day to day.
      Last edited by joecct; 02-03-2011, 07:06 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

0-0 after 1 at Westfield

Comment

UMass Dartmouth leads Fitchburg State 1-0, through one period

Goalscorers:
          FIT: none
          UMD: Adam Horgan (2)

Goaltenders:
          FIT: Bobby Vorse
          UMD: Collin Tracy

Power Plays:
          FIT: 0/4
          UMD: 0/2

The Corsairs got the lone goal on a 2 on 1, due in part to a defensive breakdown off a offensive zone faceoff. For the most part, Fitchburg has controlled the game offensively (mostly due to the aforementioned four power plays). However, the UMD defense have been strong, holding the Falcons to less than spectacular attempts and making sure Collin Tracy can see the puck and make the necessary saves.

No SOG boards at Hetland Arena. My estimated SOG are 14-9 Fitchburg.

Comment

End 2
            Worcester 3
            Salem 2
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

1-0 Westfield early in the 2nd.

Comment

1-0 Westfield, end of 2. highway robbery by the Westfield goalie from a point blank shot with 3 mins left.

Comment

UMass Dartmouth leads Fitchburg State 2-0, through two periods

Goalscorers:
                  FIT: none
                  UMD: Adam Horgan (2), Jason Stahl (10)

Goaltenders:
                  FIT: Bobby Vorse
                  UMD: Collin Tracy

Power Plays:
                  FIT: 0/6 (will have 1:16 PP to start the 3rd)
                  UMD: 0/5

Fitchburg got their best scoring chance early in the second, as Justin Quinn was awarded a penalty shot. Quinn made a brilliant move to get Tracy out of position, but he fired over the net. Jack Vets had a great chance of his own trying to finish off a 2 on 1, but missed the net. Vets had his hands up in celebration, then disbelief after realizing that he missed.

The Corsairs were settling for good scoring chances (however rare they were), but Bobby Vorse was in position to make the saves. UMD was able to score with 1:26 left in the second, as Stahl fired a one timer off an offensive zone faceoff that beat Vorse (who shrugged his shoulders in frustration after the goal).

Not a lot of shots in the second. My estimated SOG (through two periods) are 23-17 Fitchburg.

Comment

2-0 Westfield early in the 3rd. #19 with the goal. Beat the D and then beat the goalie with a wrister.

Comment

Final
                      Worcester 3
                      Salem 5
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

3-0 Westfield "the Owls are pecking at the Panthers today"
                        Callahan from the blue line

Comment

horrible attempt to clear by the Plymouth goalie while Plymouth was on the PP. Right to a Westfield player, and a goal into the empty net
                          4-0

Comment

After 2

St. Johns-2
                            Hamline-1

Wis. Stout-1
                            Wis. Eau Claire-0

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                              horrible attempt to clear by the Plymouth goalie while Plymouth was on the PP. Right to a Westfield player, and a goal into the empty net
                              4-0
                              Remy is going to have a field day with this if Westfield holds on.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X