alaska nanooks--ferris state bulldogs hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alaska nanooks--ferris state bulldogs hockey

due to the blizzard in michigan and flight cancellations, the alaska nanooks and ferris state bulldogs series will now be played at 7-05pm ast//1105pm et saturday and super bowl sunday night at the carlson center in fairbanks...

Re: alaska nanooks--ferris state bulldogs hockey

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    due to the blizzard in michigan and flight cancellations, the alaska nanooks and ferris state bulldogs series will now be played at 7-05pm ast//1105pm et saturday and super bowl sunday night at the carlson center in fairbanks...
    Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
      Is this a joke?
      Nope.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I'm just glad they could work it out at all. Cancelling a series would really screw things up. Good thing FSU's next series is a non-conference match-up against UAH at home.

But now I'm curious. Since we have traveled six or seven times a year over ump-teen years, what is the latest we have ever arrived somewhere and played a Friday night game? Have we ever had to cancel a series or back it up a day? I know it is somewhat an oxymoron, but any old-timers with a good memory that can chime in?

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          I'm just glad they could work it out at all. Cancelling a series would really screw things up. Good thing FSU's next series is a non-conference match-up against UAH at home.

But now I'm curious. Since we have traveled six or seven times a year over ump-teen years, what is the latest we have ever arrived somewhere and played a Friday night game? Have we ever had to cancel a series or back it up a day? I know it is somewhat an oxymoron, but any old-timers with a good memory that can chime in?

Go Nooks!
          Maybe six/seven years ago, Ferris got caught in an ice storm travelling to Western Michigan, two hours away, and the game was delayed an hour (not exactly sure on the amount of delay), as Ferris didn't get to Lawson till about the official start time. We were in the same ice storm and walked in as the National Anthem was being sung.

Comment

In case your interested, some FSU vs. UAF pics HERE

Comment

Working...
            X