>>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Let's start Part II off with komey's encouraging thought -- despite all the loses from last year's squad, despite all the ties and early-season losses, despite the anemic power play and questionable discipline -- we're still in first place and control our own destiny.

That's a fantastic place to be!

(Part I: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...igers-dream-of )

Powers &8^]

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

I was thinking the same thing but glad somebody wrote about it.

For as awful as we make it out to be, they are still in first place and I think they'll stay there.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      Let's start Part II off with komey's encouraging thought -- despite all the loses from last year's squad, despite all the ties and early-season losses, despite the anemic power play and questionable discipline -- we're still in first place and control our own destiny.

That's a fantastic place to be!

(Part I: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...igers-dream-of )

Powers &8^]
      This is all very true. We have a few tough games ahead, including Niagara, but provided we don't mess it up we are in great position. It's also important to note that many of our early-season losses came as a result of our goalie platoon. The loss to Niagara and AIC are both on Ropponan's hands. In fact every loss we have came from someone besides Madolora, obviously (given his undefeated status).

There are likely those willing to kill me for this, but at the pace he is going Madolora is on track to have a better statistical season than DiMike ever had, and that is with a significantly worse defense and higher PIM team. If we can pick up on some of our weaknesses I see no reason we can't have great success at the very least in the AHA.
      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        This is all very true. We have a few tough games ahead, including Niagara, but provided we don't mess it up we are in great position. It's also important to note that many of our early-season losses came as a result of our goalie platoon. The loss to Niagara and AIC are both on Ropponan's hands. In fact every loss we have came from someone besides Madolora, obviously (given his undefeated status).

There are likely those willing to kill me for this, but at the pace he is going Madolora is on track to have a better statistical season than DiMike ever had, and that is with a significantly worse defense and higher PIM team. If we can pick up on some of our weaknesses I see no reason we can't have great success at the very least in the AHA.
        Blaming Ropponen for the Niagara game is absurd. No goaltender on our roster was going to win or tie that game. Niagara abused them in that matchup, and the freshmen 'D' looked like exactly that on that night.

Comment

Good article from Fanhouse on Chris Tanev (with mention of RIT):
          http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/27/c...-with-canucks/
          2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
          2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            Blaming Ropponen for the Niagara game is absurd. No goaltender on our roster was going to win or tie that game. Niagara abused them in that matchup, and the freshmen 'D' looked like exactly that on that night.
            Ironically I think we can all blame Madolora for about 2 goals in the BCA game this fall
            RIT Tigers
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

The fact remains that we've yet to lose with Madolora between the pipes and that isn't by chance. Last weekends Mercyhurst game was absolutely a loss without him, as he made a number of ridiculous saves including a handful in OT.

Our record would be better if he had been our starter from day 1, but that is irrelevant because we're in first place regardless. I think the AF and Niagara games will look significantly different this time around in part because of our goalie, in part because of our defense improving, and in part because 3/4 of those games are at Ritter.
              RIT

Comment

I'd fully agree with that.

I was never comfortable with DeMike. He just happened to streak at the right time, and he had a great defense to help him out. That's how we survived Denver - active sticks and many, many, many shotblocks by D-men.

There, now no one will bother killing you, they'll be looking for me!
                "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

DeMike pretty much saved RIT's season to being the regular season title. He has a great senior season. DeMike came a long way from his freshman days.

Madolora is doing ok. I just hope he isn't wearing down. The offense has been putting up 3 and 4 goals most of the time. Turn a couple ties with those scores into wins and RIT would be cruising. As it is, it's still remarkable that in a year with a shakier defense and a new goalie that RIT has has 4 point lead this late in the season.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

You can blame Ropponen for the AIC game Niagara was all on the blue liners. Don't forget he kept a complete embarrasment at Air Force.

RIT has been giving up a lot of shots but like against Mercyhurst good number were fairly easy saves till the third when things got crazy. Madds gets all the credit in the world.

What makes me very furious is the penalties especially in the third. Haltigan took a penalty in a scrum when all the tigers should have skated away. Can not do that in a close game especially your captain. Two 5 on 3 in the third of a big game. Yes one was the result of a typical terrible Atlantic refree call, but RIT's discipline in the third cost them a point.
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Everyone contributed to the Air Force debacle. After 5 minutes, everyone stopped playing. Something tells me everyone has circled this weekend since then.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        Everyone contributed to the Air Force debacle. After 5 minutes, everyone stopped playing. Something tells me everyone has circled this weekend since then.
                        I hope you are right. I expect we will come out strong and get the win Friday. It's Saturday I am worried about, as we have a tendency of slacking off after a Friday win.
                        RIT

Comment

I hope you are right. I expect we will come out strong and get the win Friday. It's Saturday I am worried about, as we have a tendency of slacking off after a Friday win.
                          If I were to be nailed down to who RIT's main rival in the AHA is, it would be Air Force simply because these two teams have pretty much owned the AHA since they joined. The only difference between them and our DIII rivals is that we actually respect Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            If I were to be nailed down to who RIT's main rival in the AHA is, it would be Air Force simply because these two teams have pretty much owned the AHA since they joined. The only difference between them and our DIII rivals is that we actually respect Air Force.
                            Really? You didn't respect the extended high level of successful hockey played by the programs/teams at Elmira, Plattsburgh, and Oswego? I did.
                            Some of the EC fans, on the other hand... well I won't re-hash all that
                            Canisius is the kind of "rival" I don't respect, which is one reason (the other being the total lopsided results) why I still refuse to truly consider that a rivalry game.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Democrat and Chronicle reports both AF games are already sold out.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ir-Force-twice

Comment

Working...
                              X