Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by Bing View Post
    I can only remember one time where B2 didn't have either an audio or video problem during some portion of the broadcast. I've probably watched 30ish games on B2 over the years, so... let's see... that works out to be.... a 96.7% failure rate.
    I used B2 for 3 seasons now and didn't have any complaints until this season. It has gotten better since the first of the year, but before then is sucked. There were 4 that were outright canceled, 2 more that I was totally unable to connect to even with help from their sevice folks. Another couple had crappy audio for long periods of time. I wish TW syracuse would pick up more games, This year they carried the UCONN game, and last weekend the Friday AF game was on digital. Albany TW has carried half a dozen or so.
    Last edited by XCTiger; 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

DeMike gets his first AHL win in his first game, with a 4-3 25 save effort against Providence.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Well, we won. Personally I don't think we played all that well, but Canisius really gave us a hand by stinking up the joint.

Also, Burt. Much of the success in the second I attribute to him being in the box. Never been happier to get a 10 minute misconduct. What a disaster.

Thanks, Burt, for making us look like the goons. Canisius has changed for the better, but still, any time you play them and look like the goonier team, it looks bad.
        "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
          Well, we won. Personally I don't think we played all that well, but Canisius really gave us a hand by stinking up the joint.

Also, Burt. Much of the success in the second I attribute to him being in the box. Never been happier to get a 10 minute misconduct. What a disaster.

Thanks, Burt, for making us look like the goons. Canisius has changed for the better, but still, any time you play them and look like the goonier team, it looks bad.
          Lots of penalties tonight, although also quite a lot of bad calls so I'm not sure how bad it really was.

We played decently I thought. Not our best performance but our defense was stellar and Madalora got yet another shutout.
          RIT

Comment

Let's see ... GWG, great play to set up the GWG, lots of excellent plays on the PK, several decent scoring opportunities in the 3rd ... if that's a disaster, then the Tigers could probably use some more disasters.

I actually didn't think either team particularly looked like goons tonight. More like they were taunting each other a bit. Maybe the real love will come out on Sunday??
            -M

Comment

What game were you watching? Burt's penalty was retaliation for him getting crosschecked in the face. He probably would never have gotten the 10 if the refs had called the initial penalty.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                DeMike gets his first AHL win in his first game, with a 4-3 25 save effort against Providence.
                What are the chances the goalies will be Cheverie for Rochester and DeMichiel for Hershey when the Bears come to town next Friday?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  What game were you watching? Burt's penalty was retaliation for him getting crosschecked in the face. He probably would never have gotten the 10 if the refs had called the initial penalty.
                  I personally didn't see that during the game, and I didn't see it in the replay later. He was taken down, but that wasn't necessarily a penalty.

Again: retaliations will always be seen and called. Burt needs to grow up. He wouldn't have gotten the 10 if he could learn to shut his mouth. His own player in the box at the time - Descouteax, maybe? - was trying to pull him into the box and get him to shut up. Mouthing off at the refs is always a bad idea, and especially when you just cross-checked a guy away from the play. He needs to lose the attitude and learn to play with and for the rest of the team again.

About the GWG - right place at the right time, and lucky that Morrison lost sight of the puck. And calling it the GWG really gives it too much credit. Technically, it's the GWG, but what a stupid stat. Burt has moments of brilliance, this is true, though nothing like last year. I just wish he would be more consistent. He acts like a prima dona, it's all about him. I'm hearing more and more people grumble about him during games, too. I actually saw people in the Crew applauding his 10 minute misconduct.

I would agree that neither team was that goony tonight; all I'm trying to say is that when you play Canisius, no matter how much they've changed as a team, you can't come off looking like the chippier team. It makes you look bad.

[Edit] And Air Force just managed to, well, Air Force Niagara with a late goal. That moves us closer to clinching.
                  Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-11-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I don't recall anyone applauding Burt's 10 minute misconduct. In fact that brought out the always unpleasant chant of "racist" to the refs by several members (maybe that's what they were applauding?).

Burt's play has been frustrating this year. THAT has people grumbling. THAT's also why he isn't starting and the Favot-Brenner-Lynch line is the #1 line.

Bottom line is that if Burt starts playing like last year - RIT will be extremely scary good. Maybe having a right place - right time goal will get him started. He had a great chance that missed shorthanded later in the game.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Team GP Pts Max Pts
                      RIT 23 34 42
                      RoMo 23 28 36
                      AirFor 22 26 36
                      HC 22 25 35
                      Niagara 22 25 35
                      MercyH 22 23 33

If RIT wins on Sunday RIT will clinch first place in the AHA. RoMo and AF could tie for first if they won all of their remaining games (although it's not possible for both teams to finish perfect since RoMo and AF play each other twice in the last week).

So if RoMo and AF lose on Saturday and RIT wins on Sunday then RIT will clinch the regular season title:

Team GP Pts Max Pts
                      RIT 24 36 42
                      RoMo 24 28 34
                      AirFor 23 26 34
                      HC 23 27 35
                      Niagara 23 27 35
                      MercyH 23 25 33

Comment

About the GWG - right place at the right time,
                        And somehow, you think that was a bad thing??

Disasters are rarely at the right place at right time.
                        -M

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          Lots of penalties tonight, although also quite a lot of bad calls so I'm not sure how bad it really was.

We played decently I thought. Not our best performance but our defense was stellar and Madalora got yet another shutout.
                          It was just a matter of time before Ellis started getting involved in the game. He made it a lot longer than I thought he would
                          RIT Tigers
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Ellis' new medication must only last so long.

As for Burt...there are times when he just doesn't seem interested in anything but chirping to the other team...and even to his own teammates. When he wants to play, he makes RIT better.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                              And somehow, you think that was a bad thing??

Disasters are rarely at the right place at right time.
                              Sigh.

Yes, I think that was a bad thing. I hate winning.

He has almost no two-way game, doesn't like to pass, and then turns over the puck a lot in the offensive zone. These things, and some good heads-up plays are not mutually exclusive.

I just went to watch the replay again to make sure I'm not crazy. It was a lucky goal. Burt takes a shot right into Canisius's skates, fortunately another RIT player (mighta been Hartley) recovers it. It gets put back on net a couple of times; Morrison makes the save, but doesn't know where the rebound went - it was sitting just between his skate and the right post. Yes, good on Burt for seeing that and getting a stick on it. But in the end, it's a lucky goal. There was no "great play to set up" the goal. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the puck, and was fortunate the defenders and goaltender didn't see it.

The way people are jumping to his defense, you'd think I was comparing him to David Koci or Paul Bisonette. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if anything he's more like Alexander Semin. He has a great deal of talent, and goes on streaks where he dominates. But he has no two-way game, likes to hog the puck, likes to try to do the same thing again and again in the offensive zone even if it's not working, turns over the puck a lot, and will give you a PP for retaliation any time you ask. I don't dislike Burt, I just want him to be the player he was last year.

Originally posted by Ref Hater
                              As for Burt...there are times when he just doesn't seem interested in anything but chirping to the other team...and even to his own teammates. When he wants to play, he makes RIT better.
                              Yes. Exactly.

Comment

A shout out to the RIT Corner Crew for welcoming me so nicely at last night's game. I got educated on Strawberry Shortcake, and nearly had my head taken off by the quick placement of the Got Goalie sign, but it was well worth it. I DID NOT know you guys were the most penalized team in the league, it's been YEARS since I've seen 2, count 'em, 2 10 minute misconducts called in the same game, let alone the same period! I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in your rink, and you guys do rival Cady Arena. I look forward to coming back someday to see your new rink and what that atmosphere is like! Thanks again for showing an out of towner a good evening!
                                Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                                Courage to change the things I can,
                                And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X