Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
    1) That mascot is nightmare fuel

1a) Why's he/she/it playing puck with a basketball kit on? I mean, come on, I know you can't spring for an arena or your own ice sheet, but at least put your mascot in a sweater.
    1) You know you have a bad mascot when you have to describe what your mascot is on your website....

2) Canisius is a Basketball school. They consider there Women's basketball program their second most important program. Trust me hockey is not the first...

That is actually a re-hash of a commercial they had before. In all these years of living in Buffalo I can not remember any Canisius ad on tv for a hockey game. I think it telling that they chose to do one for RIT coming in...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Bing View Post
      Looks like Tanev is still in the NHL due to an injury to Ballard on Monday. Should be playing tonight vs the Ducks.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/te...822/story.html

Also, see 0:50+ of this video for more praise of Tanev prior to today's game:

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...n-game-prekr-v
      My good buddy and best man has Ballad on his fantasy team. He called me tonight and asked if he should pick up Tanev....

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        The Elders definitely do not play crap music. I was planning to see them at the Great American Irish Fest here in Utica the end of July. Unfortunately I have to miss them because my son decided that would be a good weekend to get married in North Carolina.
        Thanks for the nice plug! We will be back, in Syracuse, in September, so you can come see us then. We decided after playing in Rome 2 weeks ago that central New York is so nice to us that we should open a satellite office here.
        Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          My good buddy and best man has Ballad on his fantasy team. He called me tonight and asked if he should pick up Tanev....
          I guess it depends on how his fantasy league scores. But as it stands now Tanev is playing great D and very smart..for a rookie. He's still not getting many/any points and his +/- is only going up slowly. Probably not the best fantasy pick as long as he remains at the bottom of the depth chart.
          RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            I guess it depends on how his fantasy league scores. But as it stands now Tanev is playing great D and very smart..for a rookie. He's still not getting many/any points and his +/- is only going up slowly. Probably not the best fantasy pick as long as he remains at the bottom of the depth chart.
            He looked bad on one goal they gave up last night. Went crashing into the boards trying to block a pass. But has been playing very well...

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

Comment

• Tanev on TV

For those interested in seeing Tanev in-action should he remain on the Canucks roster over the next week or so, Time Warner Cable has a free preview of NHL Center Ice from 2/14/11 thru 2/20/11, so we can catch every game they play during that time (link). I am not absolutely certain if this offer is available in ALL markets (Rochester), but it is being offered in the neighboring Southern Tier region (yes, we have electricity now!).

Cheers!!!
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

Just incase anyone here is interested and didn't already know..there is a team meet and greet this weekend, so if you want autographs or whatever..now is your chance.

It's Saturday 12-130 at the RIT Barnes and Noble @Park Point.

Details:
                http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...spx?path=mhock
                RIT

Comment

Disappointing stat of the week: RIT has not had a 4 point weekend since 12/11-12 against Mercyhurst. That needs to end this week.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Disappointing stat of the week: RIT has not had a 4 point weekend since 12/11-12 against Mercyhurst. That needs to end this week.
                    Yeah but they have had a lot of 3 point weekends. Overall very good. I would be fine with 2 point this weekend. 3 great and 4 super. Canisius is really a one line team. But a very good line. RIT did a great job shutting them down earlier this season. They also have a goaltender who seems to be all or nothing. Either he is lights out or a super sieve

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

Yeah but they have had a lot of 3 point weekends. Overall very good. I would be fine with 2 point this weekend. 3 great and 4 super. Canisius is really a one line team. But a very good line. RIT did a great job shutting them down earlier this season. They also have a goaltender who seems to be all or nothing. Either he is lights out or a super sieve
                      I will not be fine with a 2 point weekend. Not against Canisius. I can live with 3 points - but really it's time to string the wins together.

Comment

Super Sieve????
                        Justify that one, please!
                        There aren't too many undefeated goaltenders that could be called a super sieve. If you throw out the Lowell game when he was reportedly (according to the coach) still hurt, he's only given up more than 3 goals once, and that was last Saturday against the highest scoring team in the conference. I think Shane's been pretty lights out most of the season.
                        ...oh wait, I just realized maybe you were talking about CC's goalie. If so, disregard my little rant... my bad

RIT can handle Canisius. As long as they bring it for 60 minutes both games, they should get 4 points. If they don't play a full game (as they've been prone to do), all bets are off. Canisius is perfectly capable of taking points out of this series.
                        Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 02-11-2011, 01:38 PM.
                        Can't we all just get along?
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          Super Sieve????
                          Justify that one, please!
                          There aren't too many undefeated goaltenders that could be called a super sieve. If you throw out the Lowell game when he was reportedly (according to the coach) still hurt, he's only given up more than 3 goals once, and that was last Saturday against the highest scoring team in the conference. I think Shane's been pretty lights out most of the season.
                          ...oh wait, I just realized maybe you were talking about CC's goalie. If so, disregard my little rant... my bad

RIT can handle Canisius. As long as they bring it for 60 minutes both games, they should get 4 points. If they don't play a full game (as they've been prone to do), all bets are off. Canisius is perfectly capable of taking points out of this series.
                          I signed in to point out that he was probably talking about Canisius' goalie, but I see you beat me too that :laugh:

So now I'll just point out that according to my TW guide, the RIT @ Canisuis game is going to be on TWSC on Sunday. No idea if it will be in high-def or anything like that, but it definitely said "RIT @ Canisius"

Comment

Is there any streams for games from TW?
                            I know iknow, B2....But!

Comment

Don't bother with B2/America One and just stick with radio.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                Don't bother with B2/America One and just stick with radio.
                                I can only remember one time where B2 didn't have either an audio or video problem during some portion of the broadcast. I've probably watched 30ish games on B2 over the years, so... let's see... that works out to be.... a 96.7% failure rate.
                                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X