Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
    Thanks guys, don't know if I can wear orange, since it would make me look like a pumpkin! Got a couple tickets to the game today on your advice. We played Canisius in late December, but it will be the first time I've seen you play. Looking forward to it!
    We'll need to amp up the corner crew just for you.
    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      Canisius will be enough to have the Corner Crew at full amp. We will go to 11.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I work for a band. Nothing you amp up will compete with what I deal with daily.
        Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
          I work for a band. Nothing you amp up will compete with what I deal with daily.
          Yeah, but the goal here is to prove we're the best hockey atmosphere, not that we play loud music badly.
          RIT

Comment

Yeah, but the goal here is to prove we're the best hockey atmosphere, not that we play loud music badly.
            Oh man. Low blow. I work for one of the biggest contemporary Celtic bands in the world. We are playing the next night in Geneseo. See if I offer YOU a ticket to the event! I will compare your hockey atmosphere though, having been in dozens of the college hockey rinks around the country in my lifetime! Right now, Cady Arena (Miami of Ohio) is right up there for small rinks with atmosphere. They are the rink to beat in my opinion!
            Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member
              Oh man. Low blow.
              Yikes, no kidding. Keep it in the reserves, in case she comes back and says the Ritter is garbage :P
              Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-09-2011, 11:09 AM.
              "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

The Elders definitely do not play crap music. I was planning to see them at the Great American Irish Fest here in Utica the end of July. Unfortunately I have to miss them because my son decided that would be a good weekend to get married in North Carolina.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                  The Elders
                  Who?
                  RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                    Who?
                    He who speaks of floppy disks ...
                    -M

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                      Who?
                      The Elders, a Celtic band from Kansas City. More Irish and less rock than Dropkick Murphy's. Listening to their music puts you in the mood to drink Guiness, eat Corned Beef & Cabbage, and look for four leaf clovers....even if you're not Irish.
                      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983
                      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Odd promotion for the RIT at Canisius game this Sunday. Looks like it was made by Time Warner, with the help of the Griffs and their coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQG-5...layer_embedded
                        Last edited by slewwwwwfoot!; 02-09-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

1) That mascot is nightmare fuel

1a) Why's he/she/it playing puck with a basketball kit on? I mean, come on, I know you can't spring for an arena or your own ice sheet, but at least put your mascot in a sweater.
                          The Rochester Institute of Technology
                          sigpic

Comment

You guys are harsh. I thought it was pretty good.

Comment

Looks like Tanev is still in the NHL due to an injury to Ballard on Monday. Should be playing tonight vs the Ducks.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/te...822/story.html

Also, see 0:50+ of this video for more praise of Tanev prior to today's game:

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videoce...n-game-prekr-v
                              Last edited by Bing; 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM.
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
                                1) That mascot is nightmare fuel

1a) Why's he/she/it playing puck with a basketball kit on? I mean, come on, I know you can't spring for an arena or your own ice sheet, but at least put your mascot in a sweater.
                                Because with a sweater, you couldn't see the Golden Mythical Flying Creature's Golden Mythical Guns. Or something.

Originally posted by Chris Lerch
                                You guys are harsh. I thought it was pretty good.
                                I'd have to agree. Yeah, it's low budget, but it works and advertises NCAA hockey (and RIT!). That's okay in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X