• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
    torf!
    Hahahaha excellent.

Also, the save Madolora made at the end of the 2nd period was insane. (the post to post one-timer save). I think he's significantly better than DeMichael (who, I was admittedly less than impressed with - I thought the Denver game was the game of his life)....I think he'll be an NHL goalie. I hope he graduates.

Comment

I could use an extra ticket for tonight's game if anyone should happen to have an extra - please email me via the board. Thanks.
      KBranch

Comment

A few tidbits ...

RIT has cracked into the Pairwise (T30) by virtue of an RPI > 0.5. (NU and RMU have now dropped out.)

Interesting that Coach Serratore questioned the penalty in overtime (even just slightly ... see recap).

What's the deal with the pumping sticks overhead in two hands during the final goal celebration (which seemed just a bit over the top for a regular season game)? Was that some sort of "in your face" thing for something in a previous AFA game, or just the Tigers' new way. Seemed strange to me.
        -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
          What's the deal with the pumping sticks overhead in two hands during the final goal celebration (which seemed just a bit over the top for a regular season game)? Was that some sort of "in your face" thing for something in a previous AFA game, or just the Tigers' new way. Seemed strange to me.
          Parody of an old video game. NHL '95, I think I heard, in which after a goal, all the players just bunch up along the boards and robotically move their arms up and down.
          "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
            Parody of an old video game. NHL '95, I think I heard, in which after a goal, all the players just bunch up along the boards and robotically move their arms up and down.
            see this youtube video
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnE4...layer_embedded
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              A few tidbits ...

RIT has cracked into the Pairwise (T30) by virtue of an RPI > 0.5. (NU and RMU have now dropped out.)
              It's going to be really hard to move up in the PWR too, because we only have the H2H tiebreaker on Cornell (and Robert Morris, should they get back into the PWR) and common opponents won't come out in our favor very often.

Still, good to see, and this shows that a stronger non-conference performance might be enough to get us close to an at-large bid. But it always seems to take a while for this team to get their legs under them.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                Thanks. Glad to hear there is some amusing explanation. It had that look about it.
                -M

Comment

I believe a few teams have been using that goal celebration.

RIT can move up SOME by winning - but getting to where an At-Large would be in play is unlikely for reasons state below. But we have seen that doesn't matter come tournament time.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Nice of Niagara to lose last night.

Some interesting statistics, though. Of the teams over .500, Niagara has the worst goals for/goals against differential: +8. That would suggest there's been a lot of close, high-scoring games, and with the small differential, it's surprising they have the record they do. RIT has, by far, the largest differential: +27. With a stat like that, you'd expect we'd be dominating opponents. But it's earned us just one more win and four more ties, relative to Niagara.

Comment

didn't see this posted here, Jared DeMichiel was called up to Hershey.
                      http://www.13wham.com/content/sports...429kAIX4w.cspx
                      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010
                      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Wonderful news fro Jared ... and Tanev continues to hold his own with the Canucks. Good stuff.
                        -M

Comment

Well, I feel like I watched 2 or 3 separate RIT teams tonight.

After 12 minutes we were up 4-0, and it seemed pretty evident that the rout was on and we'd have our coveted 4 points.

After 40 minutes I was confused and somewhat angry at how lazy we played, the bad calls we took, and the sudden changing of fortunes.

After 65 minutes I wanted to kill someone. This is easily the worst tie I've seen, and it's all our fault. Thankfully Niagara lost again as well so we still gained +3 on them, but that hardly helps the sting.

It's really frustrating to me that the team turns on and off the intensity so quickly. You could see exactly when it turned off and AF started to creep back. They turned it back on after AF tied it 4-4, and that led to a quick 5-4 and once again they must have felt as if their win was assured and they, again, got lazy, made mistakes, and took a disastrous penalty.
                          RIT

Comment

Just got back from the AUD and some DIII action UC - Manhattanville style. Check the scores and see another uncomfortably typical Saturday night - Big lead, then let the opposition back in and escape with a tie. Tigers are living way too dangerously. Got to remember to send thank you notes to the Lakers for sweeping Niagara.

Also regarding DeMikes call up to Hershey. His replacement in South Carolina is an old friend from Buffalo, Andrew Loewen late of Canisus. Still can't carry Jareds gear as he let in 5 goals in his first appearance.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Yepp. I think I've yet to see a 60 minute effort out of this team. They went into lead-protect mode after the first period, instead of chasing down loose pucks and dominating play like they had been.

Some missed calls against Air Force, sure, and Lameoaureouax lived up to his reputation again. But in the end, we have ourselves to blame.

I did like Favot in the third, though. He seemed angry at some of the calls, particularly the one on him, and as soon as he left the box he was all over the ice.

Comment

would like to see this team play with something to prove..gotta keep the foot on the throat, so to speak and not let the other team gain confidence which is exactly what happened tonight after each goal. I don't care about how big we win by. If we are up 4-0, let's try and get it to 8-0. Sure it would show up the other team, but we play to win, not to not lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X