Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Indeed. The only game still in the air is the Army/AIC game. If AIC holds on, every single game will have been an upset with the lower seeds prevailing.

RIT will either get AIC or Sacred Heart at Ritter next weekend. Love it.
    Army/AIC finished up, AIC won. The last game is Canisius/Niagara, and just a bit ago Canisius made it 6-3 their favor. Paul Zanette took a major, so unless Canisius does something stupid, Niagara is on the PK until the end. Looks unrecoverable.

[Edit] was unrecoverable. That last 3.5 minutes went fast...
    "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

It is amazing how important a consistent goalie is to a team. Niagara has great skill players but man ever since Chubak went down they have been searching to get that starting goalie. Man on paper one would think all the favorites would win...but that is why the play game. Good luck to the rest of the teams, see you next year.
      Niagara University

Class of 2009 and 2011

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post

RIT will either get AIC or Sacred Heart at Ritter next weekend. Love it.
        It's AIC at the Ritter next weekend.
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          It's AIC at the Ritter next weekend.
          Now we need to get it done in 2 games. None of this hockey on Sunday stuff (that's for teams that don't have their own hockey rink ::cough:: Canisius ::cough:
          RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
            Now we need to get it done in 2 games. None of this hockey on Sunday stuff (that's for teams that don't have their own hockey rink ::cough:: Canisius ::cough:
            Madolora's first career shutout came against AIC, that is a good precedent I would say. Granted the next night against Roppo they put up big numbers, but if Madolora is out of his RMU/Niagara funk, we should be able to be done by Saturday night
            RIT

Comment

w t f
              i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                w t f
                Wisky, Tango, Foxtrot over

I called it! wooo!!! Both Niagara and Morris are out!!! WOOOP WOOOP!!!!

LETS CLAW THE SH*T OUT OF AIC!!!!!

ROCHESTER INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Sooooo glad that NU and RMU are out of the tournament, but one of the most interesting stats of this season is that 6 of AIC's 8 Atlantic wins this season are on the road. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpAlum View Post
                    It is amazing how important a consistent goalie is to a team. Niagara has great skill players but man ever since Chubak went down they have been searching to get that starting goalie. Man on paper one would think all the favorites would win...but that is why the play game. Good luck to the rest of the teams, see you next year.
                    Tough loss, I was watching the scoreboard and just kept seeing Canisius's score climb, unbelievable.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

You hate to count your chickens before they hatch, but it is certainly looking like RIT-Air Force. That said, Mrecyhurst took the Tigers out of the AHA tournament as the lower seed both times they played at BCA.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                        The last game is Canisius/Niagara, and just a bit ago Canisius made it 6-3 their favor. Paul Zanette took a major, so unless Canisius does something stupid, Niagara is on the PK until the end. Looks unrecoverable.

[Edit] was unrecoverable. That last 3.5 minutes went fast...
                        According to the box score, Niagara took a Bench Game DQ (in addition to Zanette's DQ) at the end of the game. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          According to the box score, Niagara took a Bench Game DQ (in addition to Zanette's DQ) at the end of the game. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Powers &8^]
                          The game recap quotes one of the Niagara players saying
                          “What can you do? I could have sworn these two refs were Canisius alumni, but we can’t control that. It was a bad call; it killed our momentum. That’s all I have to say.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/03/...#ixzz1FqnuLNj8

I have to figure the coach went ballistic towards the end. Zanette gets DQ'd and Niagara takes the next two penalties before the Bench DQ. Niagara took 31 of the 33 minutes of penalties assessed in the 3rd period while mounting a comeback. Canisius is not a disiplined team AT ALL. In fact they are still a bunch of cheap hacks. So you have to figure Niagara had a lot to say to the officials.

I always figured Pete Feola to be one of the more respected refs, but he has not made as many new friends this year in the ECAC or with Niagara.
                          KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            Canisius is not a disiplined team AT ALL. In fact they are still a bunch of cheap hacks.
                            Are they that bad anymore, or have I just become desensitized to it? Especially what I've seen of them this year, their behavior (to me) doesn't suggest their past.
                            "Make-up call, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                              The game recap quotes one of the Niagara players saying
                              “What can you do? I could have sworn these two refs were Canisius alumni, but we can’t control that. It was a bad call; it killed our momentum. That’s all I have to say.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2011/03/...#ixzz1FqnuLNj8

I have to figure the coach went ballistic towards the end. Zanette gets DQ'd and Niagara takes the next two penalties before the Bench DQ. Niagara took 31 of the 33 minutes of penalties assessed in the 3rd period while mounting a comeback. Canisius is not a disiplined team AT ALL. In fact they are still a bunch of cheap hacks. So you have to figure Niagara had a lot to say to the officials.

I always figured Pete Feola to be one of the more respected refs, but he has not made as many new friends this year in the ECAC or with Niagara.

I think you're right. Take a look at the 3rd period penalties. The DQ's come right after Niagara gets called for a penalty.

3rd FORSMAN, Chris CAN 2 HOOKING 05:58 PP
                              3rd HACZYK, Bryan NIA 2 INTERFERENCE 14:36 PP
                              3rd ZANETTE, Paul NIA 5 ROUGHING 16:52 PP
                              3rd ZANETTE, Paul NIA 10 DISQUALIFICATION 16:52
                              3rd ARNOLD, Scott NIA 2 HOOKING 17:49 PP
                              3rd CHARTRAIN, C.J. NIA 2 SLASHING 19:43 PP
                              3rd TEAM NIA 10 DISQUALIFICATION 19:43
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by slewwwwwfoot! View Post
                                Are they that bad anymore, or have I just become desensitized to it? Especially what I've seen of them this year, their behavior (to me) doesn't suggest their past.
                                They aren't 'leave the penalty box to re-enter a fight' cheap, but they are still major agitators. Lots of extra stick work behind the play, after the whistles, etc. Hardly a clean team by any stretch.

BTW - I hardly consider RIT a bunch of angels themselves.
                                KBranch

Comment

Working...
                                X