Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2010-11 - Part II - The Dream is Still Alive <<<

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
    it must be said that our women's attendance is exceptional. of course, having a great team does help that.
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The attendance to their games is terrible. We've tried in past years to get people interested in their games but people don't want to watch women's sports, unless they are diehard fans or family. They put a great product out on the ice and that sould be seen.
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
      I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. The attendance to their games is terrible. We've tried in past years to get people interested in their games but people don't want to watch women's sports, unless they are diehard fans or family. They put a great product out on the ice and that sould be seen.
      perhaps i should have clarified - relative to the rest of DIII (even DI) women the attendance is exceptional, and there can't be much argument there. they lead DIII, with average attendance 150% of the next closest. they slot in at 8th out of 86 in all of women's hockey this year, including D1. yes, there is plenty of room for improvement, but it is still impressive.
      i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by PurpAlum View Post
        I think he was basically just stating there was a weak student section...which there was , the students are out for spring break right now.
        Just for further perspective, RIT was also on spring break. Final Exam Week for Winter Quarter ended that day. Despite that, they still drew a significant number of students and got the band to stick around as well. Sweet!
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

From my understanding (because I live 20 minutes from RIT) is that most of those students live in nearby apartments or commute from home. I have many friends who are there, mainly for graduate school, but I get the feeling that most students live right around the school. Niagara actually has a large drawing of Rochester students and many would not take the drive to back to school on Saturday after school was just ending (mainly b/c the dorms shut down early morning on Saturday). That is the main reason why I did not take the trip on Saturday to watch the game.

Would you say that there is a large student base from right around the Rochester area that would have drawn the students to stay and go to the game?
          Niagara University

Class of 2009 and 2011

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
            perhaps i should have clarified - relative to the rest of DIII (even DI) women the attendance is exceptional, and there can't be much argument there. they lead DIII, with average attendance 150% of the next closest. they slot in at 8th out of 86 in all of women's hockey this year, including D1. yes, there is plenty of room for improvement, but it is still impressive.
            In that regard then yes attendance is exceptional. Still wish more people would come to their games though. Gets me more motivated to atually lead stuff for The Corner when there are more fans about.
            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpAlum View Post
              From my understanding (because I live 20 minutes from RIT) is that most of those students live in nearby apartments or commute from home. I have many friends who are there, mainly for graduate school, but I get the feeling that most students live right around the school. Niagara actually has a large drawing of Rochester students and many would not take the drive to back to school on Saturday after school was just ending (mainly b/c the dorms shut down early morning on Saturday). That is the main reason why I did not take the trip on Saturday to watch the game.

Would you say that there is a large student base from right around the Rochester area that would have drawn the students to stay and go to the game?
              Just because students live in on campus apartments doesn't mean they stick around during breaks. I know almost all of my friends would go home during all the breaks when I was a student whether they lived in dorms or apartments.

Doesn't really matter though, Niagara has their fans, we have ours. I think attendence arguments are dumb
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

This attendance argument is the only thing I have going for me until Saturday LOL...no you're right. There are way too many factors that effect attendance.
                Niagara University

Class of 2009 and 2011

Comment

Originally posted by elvo86 View Post
                  @5hole: I meant what PurpAlum said. I was unaware that it was your break week too. Most of the people there Saturday were *not* students, that's all I was saying.

Okay, no problem Elvo ... it just sounded that way to me. Besides, why not talk a little smack this time of year? And I was probably crabby last night when I wrote that ... I knew I was out of grits for the morning.
                  GO PURPS!
                  Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Elliot Olshansky has a nice story in the NY Hockey Journal about the Tigers and the effect of last years Frozen Four trip. http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...the_sequel.php
                    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                    NCAA DII - 1983
                    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
                      I would go to more women's games but it gets to be a bit much when added to all the men's games I go to. I need some weekends off!

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                        Elliot Olshansky has a nice story in the NY Hockey Journal about the Tigers and the effect of last years Frozen Four trip. http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...the_sequel.php
                        Nice article, but I can't believe he didn't mention the new arena. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          I would go to more women's games but it gets to be a bit much when added to all the men's games I go to. I need some weekends off!

Powers &8^]
                          That's what the offseason is for.
                          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Comment

Go Canisisus Go.

I feel dirty now.
                            KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                              Go Canisisus Go.

I feel dirty now.
                              As you should! Ewww!
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                Just for further perspective, RIT was also on spring break. Final Exam Week for Winter Quarter ended that day. Despite that, they still drew a significant number of students and got the band to stick around as well. Sweet!

The only reason the band stuck around was because of CBS, I think thats true for a bunch of people. If the game wernt nationally televised, I think we would have fallen short of the sellout once again.
                                "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Working...
                                X