The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

The Garden festivities start a week from today. We all know that the opening round's late game winner will win on the second Monday and go on to win the National Championship. So BC/BU, Monday is basically the biggest game you will play this season.

I just hope NU can manage not to pee down our legs this year.

Oh, and Harvard has no fans, BC kids are arrogant tools and BU kids are effeminate fanboys. And of course all of us NU kids sell drugs in the ghetto.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Considering the state of Harvard hockey, maybe this is the first year ever we don't hear "Any of the four teams can win it"

Comment

Ylae wins, skating in circles in the process...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

If the Harvard-Brown gm on Wednesday gets cancelled or postponed due the snowstorm.. then Harvard has only 1 gm (Yale) Friday, before Northeastern on Monday.

NU on the other hand has a gm Fri (Merrimack) & Sat (UMass Lowell) so the Beanpot matchup will be NU's 3rd gm in 4 days.

I think Northeastern will battle hard for the HE points on the weekend. If the Brown gm goes.. it could end up being a factor in favor of Harvard (my opinion), far as our Monday match up.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I love the BC vs. BU semifinal year because this way either NU or HU gets to play in their once every four years Beanpot final (and lose)

BC wins their 3rd Beanpot in 4 years on Valentines Day, likely over NU.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              ..And of course all of us NU kids sell drugs to BU & BC..
              FYP (just market economics)..
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                I love the BC vs. BU semifinal year because this way either NU or HU gets to play in their once every four years Beanpot final (and lose)
                once every three years, math. i'm with the nmu guy, no way ylae doesn't win this.
                time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post

BC wins their 3rd Beanpot in 4 years on Valentines Day, likely over NU.
                  Didn't NU beat BC badly last time they faced them in the semi final?

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                    Northeastern also had a winning record.

Sigh, memories....
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      NU on the other hand has a gm Fri (Merrimack) & Sat (UMass Lowell) so the Beanpot matchup will be NU's 3rd gm in 4 days.
                      We must be reading different schedules. Mine shows the Merrimack game on Friday 2/4 and a game with Lowell on the following Friday 2/11.

If HU plays Brown on Wednesday and Ylae two days later, they will have had the busier schedule.

On paper, the Huskies should be a clear favorite. What worries me is Harvard may view the Beanpot as their "season" and put it all together on Monday night. They have quite a few talented players, not named Biega, and will cause problems for an NU team that may forget that the game has to be played on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                        Yes, but what does that have to do with the cost of tea in China?

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                        We must be reading different schedules. Mine shows the Merrimack game on Friday 2/4 and a game with Lowell on the following Friday 2/11.
                        I was gonna say, it used to be Harvard that didn't get a break from the ECAC scheduling. They used to have to play Friday and Saturday. As far as I know, the HE teams only have to play Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I was gonna say, it used to be Harvard that didn't get a break from the ECAC scheduling. They used to have to play Friday and Saturday. As far as I know, the HE teams only have to play Friday night.
                          I can't remember BU ever having to play two games the weekend before the Beanpot, or even playing a game on Saturday. Hell, HE even usually schedules one of Lowell, UMass, Merrimack (when they were still Merrimack), or Providence in the pre and mid Beanpot games. I can't speak for the other two teams, but I assume HE has always scheduled them similarly with one game on Friday. If Harvard gets dicked over by ECAC with two games, that's really cheap, and puts them on an uneven playing field.
                          time to write new history

Comment

The winner has gone on to do well in the national tournament .... look at the the last 3 years
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              If Harvard gets dicked over by ECAC with two games, that's really cheap, and puts them on an uneven playing field.
                              They don't anymore. Not sure when it changed, but they used to have to play Friday and Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                              X