Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    saw NESN's Tom Caron at a restaurant this morning. I asked him who he liked in the 'Pot and he said BC and NU "both win in blow-outs" tomorrow.
    he was just being nice 'cause you had your "BC Hockey" hat on....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      he was just being nice 'cause you had your "BC Hockey" hat on....
      But he didn't take into account Jackies boys... Benedetto and Gravellese. No blow out, they'll keep it close.
      And he wasn't very nice to Harvard. They'll be playing BC in the Final.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        With classic "B... C... Sucks... B... C... Sucks..." chant at the end after getting lit up like a Christmas tree.
        And if at that point the sarcasm / irony was still on lost you... you have my pity sir.
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          And if at that point the sarcasm / irony was still on lost you... you have my pity sir.
          So BU fans were chanting it to be sarcastic and ironic?
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            So BU fans were chanting it to be sarcastic and ironic?
            Or they were chanting it 'cause it's true
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .
              I haven't been on here in a year...
              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .
                i was wondering when the first one of these posts would show up, it's boring, the same two teams always win, it's old, yadda, yadda, yadda......... try going to one and see how boring it is

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                  From fox news: "bu fan attendance at this year's beanpot will be zero as they're busy assaulting reporters on the streets of Cairo. They will, though, pause to pray to Mecca and tune in on nesn."

I'm surprised the northeastern university chapter of "fight for what's white" has failed to report this historic news!
                  Win. Thread over. Congrats sir.

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  But he didn't take into account Jackies boys... Benedetto and Gravellese. No blow out
                  There will be a blow out of sorts when talking about Jackie and his boys, it just won't happen on the ice. Just make sure that Jackie is wearing his knee pads because we don't want to see someone that old break a knee cap or two.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Curious...and I apologize if this has been discussed (though I searched and didn't find any reference to it)...is there any national TV coverage for those of us outside the Boston area?
                    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

no, but just about any sports bar with a satellite dish can get NESN (as long as they have the sports package --- which most do)

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                        Curious...and I apologize if this has been discussed (though I searched and didn't find any reference to it)...is there any national TV coverage for those of us outside the Boston area?
                        Most Sports bars around the country will have NESN as part of their sports package which is kind of funny since college sports are the only thing they won't black out to the Non Boston market. (Bruins and Red Sox games are blacked out on NESN in non New England Markets).

Comment

Countdown is T minus 8 hours to the official start of the Hockey East Season, the focus of Jack Parker's 2013 recruiting campaign and the week long thought of the winner of the Harvard/NU game might actually be able to win this thing this year.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the crowd at tonight's game
                            Last year was announced as a sellout but anyone in attendance knows there were plenty of empty section upstairs
                            With demand down around college hockey and tickets avaiable in Minnesota for the frozen four and moderate sales in Manchester for the regoinal interest is down.
                            the finals promise to be even a tougher sell

Comment

A tad nervous about tonight. Probably shouldn't be as BC is 3-0 against BU and the game is at a neutral site on the big stage. Given BC's edge in experience, you'd think the BU players would be nervous--which I think they will be. How will they handle the pressure situation? We've seen BU beat BC in the Beanpot before after losing all three Hockey East meetings and we've seen inferior BU teams beat BC in the Pot as well. I expect BU to be jumpy, but also exhibit an us against the world mentality and leave it all on the ice. Will that be enough? As long as BC is ready to go, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                                Most Sports bars around the country will have NESN as part of their sports package which is kind of funny since college sports are the only thing they won't black out to the Non Boston market. (Bruins and Red Sox games are blacked out on NESN in non New England Markets).
                                That has to do with tv exclusivity of pro sports (ie need to buy the DirecTv package out of area to see non-national games).

Comment

Working...
                                X