Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
    Where is the real hatred for all things bu and bc? Where is the legit smack talk between those two?
    Instead of smack talk, we are currently behind the sceens plotting on how to make this a two team tournament. That way we won't have to pay for parking at the garden 2 mondays in a row, can play the game at a normal 7PM game time, and won't have to burn one of our OOC games against the likes of NU and Harvard.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Instead of smack talk, we are currently behind the sceens plotting on how to make this a two team tournament. That way we won't have to pay for parking at the garden 2 mondays in a row, can play the game at a normal 7PM game time, and won't have to burn one of our OOC games against the likes of NU and Harvard.
      Best post of the thread.

Comment

You all are teh suck. What happened to the good ol' days where we made fun of everyone else and NOT ourselves? When did everyone become so complacent with everything that we make fun of ourselves and ignore the fact that this is a sacred tourney that crushes the spirits of everyone except the fanboys and the refs (because we all know what favors Jackie boy gives the refs)? Where is the real hatred for all things bu and bc? Where is the legit smack talk between those two? It's a happy go lucky love fest between everyone and I, for one, am about to puke. This thread is disgusting. Everyone here should be ashamed of themselves. College Hockey in Boston right now blows. I love the 'pot and NU, but this thread is pathetic. All of you can go suck it.

-Chickens
        My guess is both BC and BU have won bigger things recently and perhaps the Beanpot seems a little less significant now? I know it is for me. If BC wins, great. If they don't, meh, move on to the Hockey Easts and NCAAs. For NU and HU, I can see why the Beanpot is still big because its (for most fans of those two), still uncharted territory. If NU were to win a Beanpot, you guys would probably burn the campus down. For BC, it would probably be forgotten about by the time they got home. HU fans dont know there's a tournament called the Beanpot, so its moot to discuss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          My guess is both BC and BU have won bigger things recently and perhaps the Beanpot seems a little less significant now? I know it is for me. If BC wins, great. If they don't, meh, move on to the Hockey Easts and NCAAs. For NU and HU, I can see why the Beanpot is still big because its (for most fans of those two), still uncharted territory. If NU were to win a Beanpot, you guys would probably burn the campus down. For BC, it would probably be forgotten about by the time they got home. HU fans dont know there's a tournament called the Beanpot, so its moot to discuss them.
          Beanpot seeming a little less significant to BU fans? Impossible.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            zinger!

Comment

You all are teh suck. What happened to the good ol' days where we made fun of everyone else and NOT ourselves? When did everyone become so complacent with everything that we make fun of ourselves and ignore the fact that this is a sacred tourney that crushes the spirits of everyone except the fanboys and the refs (because we all know what favors Jackie boy gives the refs)? Where is the real hatred for all things bu and bc? Where is the legit smack talk between those two? It's a happy go lucky love fest between everyone and I, for one, am about to puke. This thread is disgusting. Everyone here should be ashamed of themselves. College Hockey in Boston right now blows. I love the 'pot and NU, but this thread is pathetic. All of you can go suck it.

-Chickens
              What happened was Northeastern "fans" have disappeared from the boards. There tomfoolery and overall stupidity has been kept quiet because of their wonderful season this year. No more packed games at Matthews to get all excited about and say how much better your fans are. No more dilusions of home ice and NCAA appearances. No more Theissen saving games left and right to be read about later in his critically acclaimed blog, "InTheCreaseWithTheiss". Should we expect half the upper bowl to be filled with NU fans this year? As long as you're horrible band shows up, we'll know you are there. Maybe. NU fans just don't have anything to crow about so no one is bothering with the insults that draw all of you into pointless debates you are always wrong about.

Harvard is where it's at this year. As a die hard AIC fan, I'm rooting for my fellow under represented team, Harvard. They are going to be the real surprise of this tournament. Maybe someday the Beanpot can be expanded into a mini tournament for all Massachusetts teams.

HU vs NU 4-3
              HU vs BC 5-2

Book it, DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Beanpot seeming a little less significant to BU fans? Impossible.
                Just think if the Pot was ever discontinued...

The agony of the fanboys would resemble Pete MacArthur after losing to UVM at the Garden a couple years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                  If NU were to win a Beanpot, you guys would most definitely burn the campus down..
                  fyp

(disclaimer: NUPD.. its never gonna happen. Campus is safe)
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by AntiActionJoe View Post
                    What happened was Northeastern "fans" have disappeared from the boards. There tomfoolery and overall stupidity has been kept quiet because of their wonderful season this year. No more packed games at Matthews to get all excited about and say how much better your fans are. No more dilusions of home ice and NCAA appearances. No more Theissen saving games left and right to be read about later in his critically acclaimed blog, "InTheCreaseWithTheiss". Should we expect half the upper bowl to be filled with NU fans this year? As long as you're horrible band shows up, we'll know you are there. Maybe. NU fans just don't have anything to crow about so no one is bothering with the insults that draw all of you into pointless debates you are always wrong about.

Harvard is where it's at this year. As a die hard AIC fan, I'm rooting for my fellow under represented team, Harvard. They are going to be the real surprise of this tournament. Maybe someday the Beanpot can be expanded into a mini tournament for all Massachusetts teams.

HU vs NU 4-3
                    HU vs BC 5-2

Book it, DONE!
                    did you have a liquid lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      did you have a liquid lunch?
                      He's a hermit.
                      Hermits have no peer pressure
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

HU vs NU 4-3
                        HU vs BC 5-2

Book it, DONE!
                        Nothing to do with the NU "fans" who fell off the wagon. I'm more interested in the bu/bc hate.... That's where the good stuff is.
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Nothing to do with the NU "fans" who fell off the wagon. I'm more interested in the bu/bc hate.... That's where the good stuff is.
                          Agreed about the BU/BC hate. But it's the NU fans that stir it up. Some uneducated NU fan (redundant, I know) will say something and a BU fan will respond in some way that makes fun of NU. Then a BC fan will pick up on that and disagree with the BU fan. Then they get into it and the fun begins.

Either way, it's not like it matters. Every year BC fans complain and whine about how unimportant the Beanpot is. That it means nothing, BU puts all their hopes and dreams into it, etc. Yet, they keep talking about it. They're just sad pandas because they do not win it as often and do not get their photos on the front page of USCHO. It's all very comical.

Comment

Agreed about the BU/BC hate. But it's the NU fans that stir it up. Some uneducated NU fan (redundant, I know) will say something and a BU fan will respond in some way that makes fun of NU. Then a BC fan will pick up on that and disagree with the BU fan. Then they get into it and the fun begins.

Either way, it's not like it matters. Every year BC fans complain and whine about how unimportant the Beanpot is. That it means nothing, BU puts all their hopes and dreams into it, etc. Yet, they keep talking about it. They're just sad pandas because they do not win it as often and do not get their photos on the front page of USCHO. It's all very comical.
                            well, if you know how it goes every year why didnt you joinb the Forum earlier so you could have taken part in the flamefests? seems like you know how to stir the pot a little

Comment

*****http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/south_park/episode_thumbnails/s03e06_480.jpg******
                              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                                *****http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/south_park/episode_thumbnails/s03e06_480.jpg******
                                What does Sexual Harrassment Panda have to do with anything?
                                Originally posted by Bakunin
                                Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X