The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 59th Annual Beanpot Tournament

Should be an interesting game next Monday. My brother is an NU grad while I'm a BC grad.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      There's a good gag me piece by Weighart up. I think Millan should be on the front page
      more breaking BUSCHO news just in, this time on the women's team

http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/08/as-b...ser-as-a-team/

too funny............BUSCHO, the gift that keeps giving

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        In other news: OMGZ BC ON THE FRONT PAGE OF BUSCHO!!! SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!!
        True, but the obligatory Scott Weighart BJ piece on how BU is "rising to the top" is there, too. Does that clown write anything that isn't BU related? He's such a fraud.

regarding the officiating, you don't make those calls late in tie games like that. All three, the two BC and the one BU seemed to be marginal and should have let them go. The video replay was as fixed as a third world election. The puck clearly crossed the line and I'm not sure how that was allowed to be a no-goal call. It's weak when you can predict that BC will have a goal taken away via replay in the Beanpot vs. BU and it happens every time.

Comment

A few quick hits before I go to class (will probably have more to say later):

-All 3 BC goals deflected off BU players.
          -This marks the first time BC has beaten BU five times in a row since winning 8 straight from 1953-57.
          -The calls on K Hayes late in the 3rd and Ruikka in OT were both atrocious.
          -The reviewed play was definitely a goal.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
            Not sure if anyone else at the game noticed this, but when the teams came out for the 3rd period, the announcer said "Your Eagles. And your Huskies." That is pretty bad, considering he's the BU announcer!
            ..that wasn't the BU announcer.. pretty sure i saw some tarot cards..
            that was Miss Cleo
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              True, but the obligatory Scott Weighart BJ piece on how BU is "rising to the top" is there, too. Does that clown write anything that isn't BU related? He's such a fraud.

regarding the officiating, you don't make those calls late in tie games like that. All three, the two BC and the one BU seemed to be marginal and should have let them go. The video replay was as fixed as a third world election. The puck clearly crossed the line and I'm not sure how that was allowed to be a no-goal call. It's weak when you can predict that BC will have a goal taken away via replay in the Beanpot vs. BU and it happens every time.

The tipped goal article was especially hilarious considering their only year of relevance in the past decade and a half was entirely based off lucky bounces and of course an extremely questionable review at the garden.

Comment

Congrats to BC on a hard-earned come from behind win. BU played as well as they have against BC this year, but still came up short. It's a good indicator of where these two programs are.

- Given some of the non-calls earlier in the game, I agree that all three late calls were poor. The two to BU were gifts. The one in OT was a no-brainer given the other two, and the sell-job by the BC player.
                - Perhaps my eyes are failing me or my 42 inch LCD just isn't good enough, but I struggled to see the puck clearly cross the goal line. I saw a black stick blade clearly come through Millans legs and get over the line, and with the expanded "zoom" box view during the intermission, I saw a very grainy shot of the puck moving laterlaly across the goal line, with part of it seemingly inside the line. Not saying I disagree with everyone, I just didn't see it clearly enough to be convinced that it was a goal.
                - Has anyone seen Charlie Coyle lately? That line was probably the least effective all night. With that much talent, they need to step it up.
                - Millan played very well, again. Tough luck for him with some of the goals.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Wow just watched the replay, comical how it wasn't called a goal -but then again isn't that par for the course?
                  Here's a tissue for you.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  For 1 team to get 3 straight powerplays in a tie game in the last 10 minutes, several of which were extremely questionable....
                  Make that two. Poor guy.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Over the past 15 years (JY tenure), I wish I had a buck for every goal BC has scored against BU that starts by winning a PP faceoff in the BU d-zone, circle around to point man, nice hard shot from the point, goal on the shot or rebound.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      Here's a tissue for you.

Make that two. Poor guy.
                      Good luck in the consolation game, fanboy

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        - Has anyone seen Charlie Coyle lately? That line was probably the least effective all night. With that much talent, they need to step it up.
                        I thought Coyle was fantastic last night. BC looked pretty weak on the boards and he was one of those strong BU players along the wall making BC look bad in the times where BC struggled. If his line's not producing, maybe it's the other two guys?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Well, last night will prove to be Coyle's one and only shot at winning a Beanpot.

Comment

Here's a tissue for you.

Make that two. Poor guy.
                            LOLOLOLOLOLOL. You look like a buffoon. Most of the BU fans are doing a good job in defeat today. You... not so much.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Good luck in the consolation game, fanboy
                              Thanks. Speaking of tissues:

#1 team in the country, and you're whining about a women's hockey article. Amazing! Here's a Kleenex.
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Thanks. Speaking of tissues:

#1 team in the country, and you're whining about a women's hockey article. Amazing! Here's a Kleenex.
                                Who is whining? Maybe BU should send their women's team to play the BC men from now on. Clearly they would have better luck than your sad little puppies this year. I bet they'd even let Weighert drop the ceremonial first puck, too (before he applies his facepoint and starts waving his flag)

Comment

Working...
                                X