PDA

View Full Version : Providence@Vermont : Race to the bottom ??

jcarter7669
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
UVM currently holds the 9th position in the HE standings however PC is making their move to overtake the Cats as the first team out of the playoffs. With the teams playing head to head this weekend who will end up in and who will end up out.

For their part UVM is coming off a sweep at the hands of MC where they got shelled 7-1 saturday night and looked to be challenged UML for 10th. To counter this anemic showing PC is on their usual second half run for the cellar.

Considering it's at the Gutt, advantage to PC in continuing their post - Dec. win less streak, however if recent history is any indication the Cats will do what it takes to lose Saturday and ending up with a split.

Thoughts ?

UML
01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Hoping for a split or two ties.

satyking
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
The Battle of the Empty Nets will decide who goes down to Lowell

WildShawn
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Hoping for a split or two ties.

From the department of redundancey department.

UML
01-31-2011, 12:02 PM
From the department of redundancey department.

What's a redundancey?

WildShawn
01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
What's a redundancey?

its when I poorly spell while pointing out someone saying two things which would have the same effect.

CHFAN222
01-31-2011, 12:23 PM
There can be only one.

UML
01-31-2011, 01:14 PM
its when I poorly spell while pointing out someone saying two things which would have the same effect.

They actually do not have the same effect in the case of tiebreakers. I would rather have one win over two ties.

Jon
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh Frylock, PC at the Gutt was a documentary and it was filmed in real time.

UVM Cat in Texas
01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Considering it's at the Gutt, advantage to PC in continuing their post - Dec. win less streak, however if recent history is any indication the Cats will do what it takes to lose Saturday and ending up with a split.
The way we're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PC take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.

Jon
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
The way we're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PC take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.

I wouldn't worry: PC will get to OT, lose and then get blown out in game 2. PC had to work their ***es off to not lose to UVM at the Coffin. If this is anything like the series against NU, UNH and Maine, PC plays progressively worse in each game... Sigh.

satyking
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Jon I think Army is saving their strength for next year.....its part of his master plan.......both him and Keno will attack in 2012 and both will go to the dance with the Hockey guy driving their golden chariot down Admiral Street to the screams of the crowd, Go PC, go PC

jcarter7669
02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
If this is anything like the series against NU, UNH and Maine, PC plays progressively worse in each game... Sigh.

Then this will truly be an epic series as UVM too plays worse in the second game....

The Freds
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
The way they're playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see UVM take both games, even if it is at the Gutt. Sad, but true.