St. Cloud State at Nebraska-Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud State at Nebraska-Omaha

Here's hoping the Huskies learn how to pass this week. Otherwise they're going to get their tails kicked.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: St. Cloud State at Nebraska-Omaha

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Here's hoping the Huskies learn how to pass this week. Otherwise they're going to get their tails kicked.
    Not leaving Lee out to dry would be a good idea too.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      True. Ken Dryden would have a tough time out there.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Here's hoping my first trip to the Qwest Center isn't to witness SCSU collectively wet themselves up close.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Since we're all a bit cinched up after this past weekend....

Here's hoping the Mav's can put a number of pucks into the net this weekend. Otherwise, they're going to be really ****ed at themselves.

Comment

[QUOTE=NoClu;5013155]Since we're all a bit cinched up after this past weekend....

Here's hoping the Mav's can put a number of pucks into the net this weekend. Otherwise, they're going to be really ****ed at
            We're playing the Mavericks again? We just got our $&@#% handed to us by them! What humiliation!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Lee stopping a few pucks that he should have, would be a good idea, too. Every goalie gets hung out to dry at some times each night. The difference is, Lee lets those goals in. Friday he was all over the places, losing pucks, losing his stick about 10 times, playing out of position, and was lucky to get a tie. If it had been a team in the top half of the league, we would have been creamed both nights. Let's hope he can rise to mediocrity before the season is over.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                Lee stopping a few pucks that he should have, would be a good idea, too. Every goalie gets hung out to dry at some times each night. The difference is, Lee lets those goals in. Friday he was all over the places, losing pucks, losing his stick about 10 times, playing out of position, and was lucky to get a tie. If it had been a team in the top half of the league, we would have been creamed both nights. Let's hope he can rise to mediocrity before the season is over.
                Dunn was letting in goals a hell of a lot worse than Lee has.
                You can let go of your hard on for Dunn, he's not starting anymore.
                Guess you'll just have to pin your hopes on next years freshman, whoever that is.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Leaving Lee out to dry?? This happens occasionally, but man does that kid need to steal a game for once in his career. The only time this has happened was against Wisconsin in the Final Five last year. We live and die by Mike Lee, and yes I know most teams do go the way of their goalie, however this team doesn't seem to be good enough to make up for the goalie's mistakes.

We sweep this weekend we are right back in the hunt for home ice, get swept however...the sky will fall
                  Living a Lifetime of bleeding RED & BLACK

SIOUX is a GIRLS name....

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Production Man View Post
                    Leaving Lee out to dry?? This happens occasionally, but man does that kid need to steal a game for once in his career. The only time this has happened was against Wisconsin in the Final Five last year. We live and die by Mike Lee, and yes I know most teams do go the way of their goalie, however this team doesn't seem to be good enough to make up for the goalie's mistakes.

We sweep this weekend we are right back in the hunt for home ice, get swept however...the sky will fall
                    Direct quote from Motzko is Saturday's game article.
                    "We just left Mike out to dry there," said Huskies coach Bob Motzko of Lee who stopped 17 of 21 shots and took his first loss in 8 games.
                    http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110130/SPORTS0401/101300039/1002/SPORTS/WCHA--Mavs-trample-flat-Huskies--6-2

I believe if he were behind a better d-core than he is, no one is complaining about his play.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Direct quote from Motzko is Saturday's game article.
                      "We just left Mike out to dry there," said Huskies coach Bob Motzko of Lee who stopped 17 of 21 shots and took his first loss in 8 games.
                      http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110...t-Huskies--6-2

I believe if he were behind a better d-core than he is, no one is complaining about his play.
                      Believe me, there are a ton of people complaining about his play. I'm referring to most of the season ticket holders that I know. He was awful both nights. this past weekend.
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Believe me, there are a ton of people complaining about his play. I'm referring to most of the season ticket holders that I know. He was awful both nights. this past weekend.
                        And that has nothing to do with his d-core?
                        It's all on him?
                        Goalies are a lot like quarterbacks.
                        They get more praise and more blame than they deserve.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And that has nothing to do with his d-core?
                          It's all on him?
                          Goalies are a lot like quarterbacks.
                          They get more praise and more blame than they deserve.
                          I didn't say anything about the d-core, and of course it's not all on him. However, every now and then a goalie should steal a game. Neither has done that this season, but Lee is supposed to be the second coming, our saviour to take us to the promised land. He is not a great goalie---yet. He is too easily rattled. He's got the skills, but not the temperament.
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Omaha is not what we "thought they were". After starting off 8-1-1 and opening alot of eyes, they've gone 6-9-2 and have been pretty much .500 at home and have had very ugly games against Bemidji and disappointing losses to Huntsville and Quinnie.
                            They are not the team they were at the start of the season. The Huskies momentum came to a screeching halt on Saturday in the loss to MSU. However, I don't gauge the MSU games as a barometer as they have had trouble with that team for years.

But, with that said, the MSU series destroyed momentum, a steady climb in the league standings, a climb in the PWR and put forth another sub par series at home for the SCSU fans.

The power play has been an absolute buzz kill for this team. It's frustrating as there is too much skill on this squad to not be at least 20% on the PP.

This team continually teases the faithful. The Florida tourney, sat. night at Bemidji and segments of other games show some of the raw talent. Dowd, Reid and Jensen are the real deal and have combined for 6 game winning goals. LeBlanc is one of the top players in the league. Roe is as dynamic a college player as there is. Eddy is a tease. He'll bde great one game and non-existent the next. They just can't seem to get it all together.

They are running out of time. A 1 point weekend will certainly have them on the road for the playoffs and a very tough road for any post season opportunities.

Sad, because the prospects were so positive and with the frozen four in our back yard could have been very special.

I'm still holdong out hope mainly becuse the youngsters improve every week
                            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

I didn't say anything about the d-core, and of course it's not all on him. However, every now and then a goalie should steal a game. Neither has done that this season, but Lee is supposed to be the second coming, our saviour to take us to the promised land. He is not a great goalie---yet. He is too easily rattled. He's got the skills, but not the temperament.
                              Stealing games would be nice but for me, a goalie stealing a game still. Means the team in front of him played terrible, which is not ok.
                              I would like to see these guys pick up their goalies once in a while too.
                              It seems if our goalie, either one, has an off night, we get killed.
                              Where is the team in those games?
                              Last game I can remember us winning where the goalie didn't play well was the Final five game against Minnesota five years ago now.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X