PDA

View Full Version : Twitch Boy Can't Lose - Michigan Tech @ UAA, Feb. 4-5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Twitch Boy
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Finally my alma mater takes on my place of residence. I like these odds :D

Tech is about to fly 2600 miles in search of their first win in 22 games.

Quite frankly, UAA has to take all four here. Their schedule after Tech is murder (@UND, UNO, rivalry home-and-home with UA_, @Mankato.) If they fail to take all four, it really puts a dent in their underdog cred.

Suze
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Finally my alma mater takes on my place of residence. I like these odds :D

Tech is about to fly 2600 miles in search of their first win in 22 games.

Quite frankly, UAA has to take all four here. Their schedule after Tech is murder (@UND, UNO, rivalry home-and-home with UA_, @Mankato.) If they fail to take all four, it really puts a dent in their underdog cred.

So who ya gonna root for? :)

I agree, UAA really needs all four points, but they CANNOT take Tech too lightly. I remember last year or the year before when Tech was mired in a terrible record, and the Seawolves did NOT look sharp against them. Don't let that happen boys. Remember the kind of defense it takes to win in this league!!!

Dirty
01-30-2011, 05:41 PM
You have to watch Michigan Tech play Alaska-Anchorage. Of course you lose.

Twitch Boy
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech fans, here's the 411 on these guys: they're dangerous. Basically, they are what Tech is trying to be.

Their biggest strength is that they play very smart to go with their size. They're excellent at getting sticks into your passing lanes and disrupting your game. For a team like Tech that frustrates easily, that's a problem.

Gunderson is their main goalie, and he's capable of some jaw-dropping saves. He's great at making saves out of position and he gets good help clearing from his defense. Maybe a lack of consistency. Think Rob Nolan. You might also see Kamal after his shutout in Minnesota, however. Haven't seen much of him myself.

I don't think they'll overlook Tech. They just got swept by DU and only pulled off a 1-0 win against MN, so I think they're down to Earth at the moment. If I'm Shyiak, I'm stressing the schedule after Tech and making them realize they need these easy points to stay in the hunt for home ice.

If I'm a Minnesota or a Wisconsin, these are the last guys I wanna see in round 1. Especially if they can pull off home ice.

bigmrg74
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
But what if you hit a moose or something after the games?? Wouldn't that be a loss for you??

Alaska Hockey
01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
But what if you hit a moose or something after the games?? Wouldn't that be a loss for you??

Binge drinking is not a winning lifestyle.

AHABulldog
01-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I like these odds :D

2 ties!:eek:

Alaska Hockey
01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
2 ties!:eek:
Nice can I have some of that bet?

bigmrg74
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Binge drinking is not a winning lifestyle.

Clearly you've never been to Tech. ;)

The Rube
01-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Clearly you've never been to Tech. ;)

Still doesn't make it a winning lifestyle. :p

Dirty
01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Still doesn't make it a winning lifestyle. :p

So you're saying you're a binge drinker?

The Rube
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM

I see what you did there. ;)

And I'd ask the same of you.

Alaska Hockey
01-30-2011, 11:45 PM

If I lived in the "forks what other kind would I be?

The Rube
01-30-2011, 11:46 PM
If I lived in the "forks what other kind would I be?

A standard drunkard. Sort of like Wisconsinites, but with less to do.

Alaska Hockey
01-30-2011, 11:52 PM
A standard drunkard. Sort of like Wisconsinites, but with less to do.

But when the Sioux logo goes away forever a new standard for drunkards with less than nothing will be raised.

techcodemonkey
01-31-2011, 12:06 AM
At Tech, I will admit this, I may be a drunk, but it's not alcoholism until you graduate....I still got a year of un-judged freedom

The Rube
01-31-2011, 12:09 AM
At Tech, I will admit this, I may be a drunk, but it's not alcoholism until you graduate....I still got a year of un-judged freedom
It's not alcoholism unless:

A: you admit it
B: you go to meetings

And remember kids, rehab is for quitters.

WetSubArticCanine
01-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Their schedule after Tech is murder (@UND, UNO, rivalry home-and-home with UA_, @Mankato.)Agree that 4 points are mandatory, but even with zip from Denver, I’m yet to abandon all hope for home ice. We’ve nearly as long a streak as Tech has on the line this weekend.

The continuing fur ball has the coming attractions.

CC (18 pts from 18 games) has h/h Denver, Kates, @Bemidji, Duluth, @Wisco

Micky’s Girls’ (18 pts from 18 games) train to pull is @Duluth, Denver, @Wisco, Tech, @Bemidji

tCloud Hoppers (16 pts from 18 games) have @Omaha, @Duluth, ND, Wisco, @Denver

UAA (16 pts from 20 games)

Kates on Skates (14 pts from 20 games) get Bemidji, @CC, Duluth, Woofs

Bemidji (12 pts from 18 games) does @Kates, @Tech, CC, @ND, Minnie

It’s definitely uphill with the 3 teams above UAA having 2 games in hand, but St. Cloud’s task is indeed brutal, and I’d say things are nearly as bad for CC and the mouse eared. Omaha looks mortal of late, and UAA sends them home at the Forks all grumpy and wishing for a flood to lighten the mood fairly regularly.

3 points in Central Minnesota the last weekend of the season might just be the key to using home ice tickets.

Jimjamesak
01-31-2011, 12:46 AM
2 Tech Wins!:eek:

Fixed your post.

Yager
01-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Didn't get to track the threads much, did Tech get anyone back (or lose more) from injuries last weekend?