Twitch Boy Can't Lose - Michigan Tech @ UAA, Feb. 4-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twitch Boy Can't Lose - Michigan Tech @ UAA, Feb. 4-5

At Tech, I will admit this, I may be a drunk, but it's not alcoholism until you graduate....I still got a year of un-judged freedom

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
      At Tech, I will admit this, I may be a drunk, but it's not alcoholism until you graduate....I still got a year of un-judged freedom
      It's not alcoholism unless:

A: you admit it
      B: you go to meetings

And remember kids, rehab is for quitters.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by hot dog hater
        Their schedule after Tech is murder (@UND, UNO, rivalry home-and-home with UA_, @Mankato.)
        Agree that 4 points are mandatory, but even with zip from Denver, I’m yet to abandon all hope for home ice. We’ve nearly as long a streak as Tech has on the line this weekend.

The continuing fur ball has the coming attractions.
        • CC (18 pts from 18 games) has h/h Denver, Kates, @Bemidji, Duluth, @Wisco
        • Micky’s Girls’ (18 pts from 18 games) train to pull is @Duluth, Denver, @Wisco, Tech, @Bemidji
        • tCloud Hoppers (16 pts from 18 games) have @Omaha, @Duluth, ND, Wisco, @Denver
        • UAA (16 pts from 20 games)
        • Kates on Skates (14 pts from 20 games) get Bemidji, @CC, Duluth, Woofs
        • Bemidji (12 pts from 18 games) does @Kates, @Tech, CC, @ND, Minnie

It’s definitely uphill with the 3 teams above UAA having 2 games in hand, but St. Cloud’s task is indeed brutal, and I’d say things are nearly as bad for CC and the mouse eared. Omaha looks mortal of late, and UAA sends them home at the Forks all grumpy and wishing for a flood to lighten the mood fairly regularly.

3 points in Central Minnesota the last weekend of the season might just be the key to using home ice tickets.
        Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
          2 Tech Wins!
          Fixed your post.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Didn't get to track the threads much, did Tech get anyone back (or lose more) from injuries last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by WetSubArticCanine View Post
              Agree that 4 points are mandatory, but even with zip from Denver, I’m yet to abandon all hope for home ice. We’ve nearly as long a streak as Tech has on the line this weekend.

The continuing fur ball has the coming attractions.
              • CC (18 pts from 18 games) has h/h Denver, Kates, @Bemidji, Duluth, @Wisco
              • Micky’s Girls’ (18 pts from 18 games) train to pull is @Duluth, Denver, @Wisco, Tech, @Bemidji
              • tCloud Hoppers (16 pts from 18 games) have @Omaha, @Duluth, ND, Wisco, @Denver
              • UAA (16 pts from 20 games)
              • Kates on Skates (14 pts from 20 games) get Bemidji, @CC, Duluth, Woofs
              • Bemidji (12 pts from 18 games) does @Kates, @Tech, CC, @ND, Minnie

It’s definitely uphill with the 3 teams above UAA having 2 games in hand, but St. Cloud’s task is indeed brutal, and I’d say things are nearly as bad for CC and the mouse eared. Omaha looks mortal of late, and UAA sends them home at the Forks all grumpy and wishing for a flood to lighten the mood fairly regularly.

3 points in Central Minnesota the last weekend of the season might just be the key to using home ice tickets.
              It's a tougher road with only 2 out of 8 from the road trip, it forces them to rely on teams not gaining points from their games in hand. The biggest thing is that the only games against opponents near our position is against 'kato. We absolutely need 4 points this weekend and at least 2 points the other weekends with 3-4 from one of them to make it easier (and of course two wins over Failbanks).

Bemidji looks, to me, to have the best opportunity to come out as they have games against CC, Minny, and Kato, real chances to make up ground.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                Didn't get to track the threads much, did Tech get anyone back (or lose more) from injuries last weekend?
                Lost Stebner, might get Nielsen back. Russell won't make any official travel decisions until Tuesday though.

They also said that it looked like Gordic could return, but then he had a setback this past week and is questionable again.

Comment

At this point, you couldn't pay me to watch these games.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Two 0-0 ties? Will anyone cross the red line with the puck or will both teams stay in their ends and fire the puck back-and-forth?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Two 0-0 ties? Will anyone cross the red line with the puck or will both teams stay in their ends and fire the puck back-and-forth?
                      One of these "hockey" teams will score on their own goal before there's a 0-0 tie. I fully expect it to be Tech.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        One of these "hockey" teams will score on their own goal before there's a 0-0 tie. I fully expect it to be Tech.
                        I could certainly see 2 ties, it happen that last time you and I made the trip.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I could certainly see 2 ties, it happen that last time you and I made the trip.
                          Another reason to not watch these games.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            two 0-0 ties? Will anyone cross the red line with the puck or will both teams stay in their ends and fire the puck back-and-forth?
                            lol
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              It's a tougher road with only 2 out of 8 from the road trip, it forces them to rely on teams not gaining points from their games in hand. The biggest thing is that the only games against opponents near our position is against 'kato. We absolutely need 4 points this weekend and at least 2 points the other weekends with 3-4 from one of them to make it easier (and of course two wins over Failbanks).

Bemidji looks, to me, to have the best opportunity to come out as they have games against CC, Minny, and Kato, real chances to make up ground.
                              Agree it will be a real dog fight. I don't see umtc getting home ice. I hope AA does but the points required are a lot and it's not a real good chance imho. I think uno is home ice quality but just barely, I don't see them going on. St cloud is beatable, Bimidji and mankato too. I was surprised though that AA did not get two wins last weekend.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Lost Stebner, might get Nielsen back. Russell won't make any official travel decisions until Tuesday though.

They also said that it looked like Gordic could return, but then he had a setback this past week and is questionable again.
                              I didn't know about Stebner.
                              If Neilson and Gordic make the trip and do play Tech has a much better chance. Plus a number of the guys are walking wounded. It Will be a big if until we see them on friday night. Is there a video feed of this game?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                At this point, you couldn't pay me to watch these games.
                                Stay home and watch last Saturday nights Gopher UAA game instead.
                                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X