Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Oswego, really
    ElmNorwego Soaring Great Cadets!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: The GAME 2011-Counting for the very last time

Alright...No excuses now. We've got a little under 72 hours until faceoff. Let's get some discussion going here.

I'll say it..I'm starting to get the goose bumps of seeing the boys in the Blue sweaters with a Big M on it for the first time at the 'Berg.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Alright...No excuses now. We've got a little under 72 hours until faceoff. Let's get some discussion going here.

I'll say it..I'm starting to get the goose bumps of seeing the boys in the Blue sweaters with a Big M on it for the first time at the 'Berg.
        I've noticed a paucity in the presence of Blue fans this year... wassamata u, hey watatya gona do, hey, shutuppa you face! (that was a popular song the first year I worked at NU, somebody kept playing that tune on the jukebox in the old Mill) or get in here and talk! What are we going to see out of the Blue boys on Friday?
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

OK, time for a little reality check....As Charlie, I've been watching this series since '59',(I was in HS), in the Field House with Duke Nelson as coach for Midd and from Taylor Arena since '63'. THOSE were rivalries... I'm sorry to say that the Kreitzberg-Kenyon venues have turned these into gentlemanly "hail fellow well met" affairs. Where's the spitting through the chain link fence? The fistfights in the parking lots? The intensity isn't there. I'm glad the series is going away, I've never liked Middlebury, hope they lose every game, sorry that P'burg couldn't have put a dozen on 'em tonight. Let the elitists go their own way. GO CADETS!!! (How's that for stirring the puddin'?)
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            OK, time for a little reality check....As Charlie, I've been watching this series since '59',(I was in HS), in the Field House with Duke Nelson as coach for Midd and from Taylor Arena since '63'. THOSE were rivalries... I'm sorry to say that the Kreitzberg-Kenyon venues have turned these into gentlemanly "hail fellow well met" affairs. Where's the spitting through the chain link fence? The fistfights in the parking lots? The intensity isn't there. I'm glad the series is going away, I've never liked Middlebury, hope they lose every game, sorry that P'burg couldn't have put a dozen on 'em tonight. Let the elitists go their own way. GO CADETS!!! (How's that for stirring the puddin'?)
            And you wonder why the the non-CCCP'ers call Middlebury/Norwich muffy and trevors
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

The Muffy/Trevor label fits the Middlebury crowd, it has NEVER fit the Norwich crowd. Historically, Norwich is a school that awards Bachelor of Science degrees, while Middlebury awards Bachelor of (you want fries with that) Arts degrees.
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Yes, but Plattsburgh didn't put a dozen across against Midd. Curiously no Platty fan has said a peep about tonights game. I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions.
                from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  Not to mention the game in the early 80's when we had to cancel the second regularly scheduled game because of the on-ice mele. I was relatively new to NU at the time... Back in those days we played Midd twice - once in the league and once in a non-league game. After that we only played the league game, and there was talk of not playing them at all for a couple of years to let it cool down.

Comment

Here we go again with THE GAME talk. Aside from it being a stolen title you can once again smell the arrogance wafting from the maple syrup covered straps of everyones Birkenstocks. This should be a good game as always but can someone tell jerrynu to hurry up because he only has a couple more days to get in his usual midd slurp.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Rogers View Post
                      Here we go again with THE GAME talk. Aside from it being a stolen title you can once again smell the arrogance wafting from the maple syrup covered straps of everyones Birkenstocks. This should be a good game as always but can someone tell jerrynu to hurry up because he only has a couple more days to get in his usual midd slurp.
                      Sounds like jealousy to me

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Sounds like jealousy to me
                        Yea, I can understand it though,must be tough coming from a large state with a very SHORT list of unimpressive NCAA appearances that is so close to a tiny state with a LONG list of NCAA titles.
                        from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

So who's going to be at THE GAME on Friday?

I know the following will be there:

Prezdejohnson09
                          CrosbyNU63
                          PuckVoice

Anyone else?
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Prezdejohnson09
                            CrosbyNU63
                            PuckVoice

Anyone else?

Steve Day
                            Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

Nuprof
                              Jerrynu28
                              Mr & mrs hound
                              Hawk

Prezdejohnson09
                              CrosbyNU63
                              PuckVoice

Anyone else?
                              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                                Steve Day
                                Steve,

still gotta meet you. I'll be at the VIP seating side directly across from the press box all game taking stats. Stop on by. That goes for all Midd fans or NU fans that post on here too. Always nice to put a face to a name.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X