Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Let the Sandbagging Begin
    Last edited by WildShawn; 01-30-2011, 04:00 PM.

Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Can't wait for this one as I'll be in the stands live and in person. This will be the second time I've been in Durham to watch the Cats take on Maine. Last time was a few years ago when they lost the Friday game in ManchVegas and then won in Durham. I couldn't be more happy that both games are at Lake Whitt, as I can't stand the Verizon. This series with PC was a real nice tune up for the boys as they finally began to resemble the team from November and December. The touch around the net, the team defense and the stellar goaltending by DiGi were back for this series and will hopefully be there this coming weekend. Get ready Granite State and lock up your chicken wings cuz the boys are on the way!! LET'S GO CATS!!

Dean
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Yep... best weekend of the year, Dean! Can't wait to get this party started!! Catch ya on Thursday at Logan, buddy...
      Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
      ECAC Tourney Champs 79
      Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
      Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
      Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
      NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

A couple of things to watch for, unless someone has firm info. UNH website lists Friday game with a 7:30 start; USCHO lists it at 7:00. NESN TV makes sense for such a big game, but BU at home and so might need another explanation for 7:30 start.

In past UNH has had a "white-out" and then added a "blue-out" for some games. UNH website should have some info soon. Heaven forbid I wear my blue sweater on white-out nite.

Most important, should be a great weekend. Maine ahould be better than record against top teams and be ready to show it in this wonderful rivalry. BU's Millan had a 95 save % weekend, but Maine tends to shoot a lot and try for rebounds. Not unlike PC vs UNH, and DiGi had a 96% weekend. Know little else about Maine except posters on its thread very disappointed this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5IslandsWildcat View Post
          A couple of things to watch for, unless someone has firm info. UNH website lists Friday game with a 7:30 start; USCHO lists it at 7:00. NESN TV makes sense for such a big game, but BU at home and so might need another explanation for 7:30 start.

In past UNH has had a "white-out" and then added a "blue-out" for some games. UNH website should have some info soon. Heaven forbid I wear my blue sweater on white-out nite.

Most important, should be a great weekend. Maine ahould be better than record against top teams and be ready to show it in this wonderful rivalry. BU's Millan had a 95 save % weekend, but Maine tends to shoot a lot and try for rebounds. Not unlike PC vs UNH, and DiGi had a 96% weekend. Know little else about Maine except posters on its thread very disappointed this year.
          Pretty sure Friday night's game is at 7:30 because of NESN's Friday night ice thing they do, and always wear white on Maine games.
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
            Pretty sure Friday night's game is at 7:30 because of NESN's Friday night ice thing they do, and always wear white on Maine games.
            Both games are on NESN this weekend, and you are correct about Friday, the Friday NESN game is always on at 7:30 for the unnecessary pre-game show

Comment

5IslandsWildcat, among others, had many nice things to say about their experience in Orono, and I'm extremely excited to finally check out a game at the Whittemore Center. Going Saturday.

Maine has had some struggles on the road. From a psychological point of view, they will probably look at this weekend as an opportunity to redeem that blemish. They've had a couple recent, strong home games that can really give a team confidence. A 4-1 win vs. BC 2 Sundays ago. Now, they are coming off a 1-1 tie with BU in a game where they outshot the Terriers 42-20! It is safe to say that roughly half of those 20 shots came with the man advantage. It was one of the more dominant performances I've seen in college hockey this year but they just struggled at capitalizing. This is Superbowl mentality for New Hampshire, I know, so it ought to be a couple of entertaining games!

Comment

Maine is playing up and down and very inconsistant hockey...NOT a good recipe for a weekend at UNH...UNH looking to pack points in Hockey East Standings...if and thats a BIG IF...Maine is not ready...then this has the makings of a ugly weekend...imo.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  Both games are on NESN this weekend, and you are correct about Friday, the Friday NESN game is always on at 7:30 for the unnecessary pre-game show
                  I know that, that is why I specified Friday's game
                  UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Anybody got any extra tickets for either night?
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Timmay sucks vs the big 3. I'm not expecting much out of him this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Timmay sucks vs the big 3. I'm not expecting much out of him this time.
                        If Maine gets 1 point out out the weekend, Timmay will call it a huge Success, a Moral Victory, one for the ages
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                          Anybody got any extra tickets for either night?
                          Still seeing seats available for Friday night on TicketBastard, nothing for Saturday though.
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

You had better watch yourselves. Maine is 3-0-1 on national TV. We only work for the spotlight.
                            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                              You had better watch yourselves. Maine is 3-0-1 on national TV. We only work for the spotlight.
                              The 1 being a 3-1 lead, blown against UNH on their own ice. So if that's your logic, I like our chances.
                              I haven't been on here in a year...
                              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X