New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    so you're basing this on second hand oppinion? FYI, there are no group cheers at Maine that involve "suck(s)".
    You are right. You guys just throw pucks at opposing players during pre-game warm-ups. And that is first hand opinion.

Comment

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      You are right. You guys just throw pucks at opposing players during pre-game warm-ups. And that is first hand opinion.
      Yeah, UNH players only spit into the crowd.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        I know I could hear "If you can't get into college..." and that was definitely way more than one word.
        Does the rest of cheer have "sucks" in it?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Yeah, UNH players only spit into the crowd.
          really? PlayerS? Then Maine fanS assault elderly UNH fans in their rink.

Comment

Ahh, the things that get noticed when youre one point ahead of Northeastern for sixth place and getting it handed to you, twice in one weekend, by a team you claim unworthy of being a rival...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              really? PlayerS? Then Maine fanS assault elderly UNH fans in their rink.
              Who do you expect more out of? idiot fan(atics) or players?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Ahh, the things that get noticed when youre one point ahead of Northeastern for sixth place and getting it handed to you, twice in one weekend, by a team you claim unworthy of being a rival...
                Be fair, they DID get 1/4 points, at home, against their REAL rival the weekend before
                Last edited by WildShawn; 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Who do you expect more out of? idiot fan(atics) or players?
                  well since that was almost a decade ago, lets go into who do you expect more out of idiot players, or coaches/administration?

Hutchins was a moron for doing what he did, one of the most disgusting things you can do, and he was benched by his coach (as was Aikins, who took a run at the goaltender in the same game, I believe?) for a couple of games.

I expect to be able to take my dad to a game and not have to go to the Emergency Room with him from an idiot fan assaulting him. (it wasn't my dad, I'm just saying....)

Comment

This year at the alfond, i had the great fortune of having a water bottle dumped then thrown at me, nacho cheese thrown down towards the direction of myself and the unh player parents and fans celebrating after the OT goal, bags of chips emptied out, etc. The unh fans have way more class then the Maine fans, for example random maine fans ranting "hey number X, your mother is a whore!" Throwing pucks at opposing teams players is also very classy. So until the maine fans have that happen to them, maybe they should rethink about themselves as being fans with class.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

I expect to be able to take my dad to a game and not have to go to the Emergency Room with him from an idiot fan assaulting him. (it wasn't my dad, I'm just saying....)
                      I agree, there is no reason for anyone to chuck a puck at anyone, player or opposing fan. It pretty ignorant when you can't enjoy a game(win or lose) without being civil.

Comment

I agree, there is no reason for anyone to chuck a puck at anyone, player or opposing fan. It pretty ignorant when you can't enjoy a game(win or lose) without being civil.
                        And I agree about the spitting thing, It was the most shameful thing I've seen a player do on the ice in person.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicCat View Post
                          This year at the alfond, i had the great fortune of having a water bottle dumped then thrown at me, nacho cheese thrown down towards the direction of myself and the unh player parents and fans celebrating after the OT goal, bags of chips emptied out, etc. The unh fans have way more class then the Maine fans, for example random maine fans ranting "hey number X, your mother is a whore!" Throwing pucks at opposing teams players is also very classy. So until the maine fans have that happen to them, maybe they should rethink about themselves as being fans with class.
                          C'mon now, you hear idiots like that at UNH randomly shouting the same kind of things out there. I would never say that UNH fans have WAY more class than the Maine fans, maybe Vermont and/or UMass fans who would, in unison, start chanting about the jobs of a players mom But I don't think that Maine and UNH fans are that different from each other which is why its a silly argument.

Comment

Yeah, I wuzznt going to bring it up, but since it has.....it was pretty disheartening to hear the Maine Sucks cheer loud and clear on NESN. Over and over and over again. I always thought UNH fanz took some pride in their cheer creativity. Most all of hockey east fans now have hit the bottom of the barrel, apparently taking UMass and BU fans as their role models.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Yeah, I wuzznt going to bring it up, but since it has.....it was pretty disheartening to hear the Maine Sucks cheer loud and clear on NESN. Over and over and over again. I always thought UNH fanz took some pride in their cheer creativity. Most all of hockey east fans now have hit the bottom of the barrel, apparently taking UMass and BU fans as their role models.
                              Unless things have changed from when I sat there, the M-A-I-N-E sucks cheer is held until UNH is winning. And from my seats, I only heard three times Friday, four times Saturday -- so, slightly more than once a period.

I hate that so many people say, "sucks" during the goal song. It was supposed to be just against NU . . . but, be honest, Maine's goalies aren't great. Actually, what I heard the most was "Go ----, Go White" - my wife and I commented on how we couldn't actually hear "Go Blue" and wondered if it was on purpose, Maine's normal battle cry being "Go Blue!". Aside from the goal song and M-A-I-N-E Maaaine sucks, I didn't hear it a lot.

Also, it's worth noting, it's nice that STH's are finally starting to participate in UNH chants started on the other end of the ice.
                              I haven't been on here in a year...
                              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                In reality though, wasn't it more disheartening to see Maine sucking than to hear Maine sucks?

UNH fans haven't been creative or loud, or travel well, etc, since the beginning of the last decade

Comment

Working...
                                X