Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    A) Thunderstix are terrible. People clap them and cheer less.
    B) I kinda feel like the crowd was less energetic, perhaps tired (or hungover) from Friday night.
    When did UNH become UMass with more people? Every chant focused on (insert school/player) "SUCKS!" Disappointing.

Comment

Just got back from the yearly sojourn to the Granite State. Wow, what a great weekend for various reasons. First and most obvious, we took two from Maine. That will always bring me to a state of euphoria. Second, they were two amazing games, especially Saturday's game. I would put that in the same category as the game against North Dakota a couple of years ago. It was also great to see all my friends again, the one's that travel like me to the games and my friends in the Granite State who always go to amazing lengths to ensure that we get into the game. Although I won't miss standing for the game, I will miss being in the student section with the Hosers. I hope the new group does as great a job as Matt, Darci and all the rest have done lo these many years. I also got to meet some of the great UNH fans that post on this board (Doug and Mike), that I have only posted with until this year.

Matt, Darci, Rob, Mike, Mike, Kelli, Josh, George, Jim, Doug and Mike again , it was great to see you all again and thanks for everything.

Chad, Pete, Toby, Matt and Christian thanks for letting me be your sixth wheel for these trips. Can't wait till next year!!

Dean
      Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
      2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        When did UNH become UMass with more people? Every chant focused on (insert school/player) "SUCKS!" Disappointing.
        The only 'sucks' chant that I heard (sitting on that end of the ice) was the M-A-I-N-E MAINE SUCKS! parody of the Go Blue chant. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          The only 'sucks' chant that I heard (sitting on that end of the ice) was the M-A-I-N-E MAINE SUCKS! parody of the Go Blue chant. Did I miss something?
          We told the sieves they sucked but that was the truth
          UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
            Just got back from the yearly sojourn to the Granite State. Wow, what a great weekend for various reasons. First and most obvious, we took two from Maine. That will always bring me to a state of euphoria. Second, they were two amazing games, especially Saturday's game. I would put that in the same category as the game against North Dakota a couple of years ago. It was also great to see all my friends again, the one's that travel like me to the games and my friends in the Granite State who always go to amazing lengths to ensure that we get into the game. Although I won't miss standing for the game, I will miss being in the student section with the Hosers. I hope the new group does as great a job as Matt, Darci and all the rest have done lo these many years. I also got to meet some of the great UNH fans that post on this board (Doug and Mike), that I have only posted with until this year.

Matt, Darci, Rob, Mike, Mike, Kelli, Josh, George, Jim, Doug and Mike again , it was great to see you all again and thanks for everything.

Chad, Pete, Toby, Matt and Christian thanks for letting me be your sixth wheel for these trips. Can't wait till next year!!

Dean
            Dean... I am glad you can make it out each year... It sure is fun, isn't it? Wow... everything that Dean just said echo from me, too. You guys rock.... and can't wait til next yr.
            Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
            ECAC Tourney Champs 79
            Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
            Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
            Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
            NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
              We told the sieves they sucked but that was the truth
              True... they did... and even the Maine fans would agree to that.
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
              Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                Dean... I am glad you can make it out each year... It sure is fun, isn't it? Wow... everything that Dean just said echo from me, too. You guys rock.... and can't wait til next yr.
                Chad, great to see you, Dean, Tobey, Christian, and the rest of the gang again. It seems to grow bigger every year. Glad you got to see 2 great games, and share some "ginger ales" afterwards. Maybe next year we'll actually get some good weather for you guys.

Glad you guys made it back to your respective homes okay, and we'll be eagerly awaiting the 2012 trip.
                A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

University of No Hardware
                  Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

• Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                    Is that all you got. You need some substance

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                      I was going to go off on a rant here, but then I saw you have 76 posts and 10 red dots. It just isn't worth the effort.
                      Let's go Cats!!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        Ya, other than the Maine sucks chant, it was really only geared towards Ouellette and Sirman. I know, I was sitting in the student section. There were a couple of other cheers that were hardly flattering towards the Maine players as a whole, but they are probably cheers heard in any college hockey rink. There were just as many pro UNH cheers as anti Maine cheers. And from what I've heard, it's hardly Sunday Mass in Alfond for the visiting team and it's fans, so let's be careful before we start throwing stones from the balcony of our glass house.
                        Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

. And from what I've heard, it's hardly Sunday Mass in Alfond for the visiting team and it's fans, so let's be careful before we start throwing stones from the balcony of our glass house.
                          On tv you guys have a one word cheer vocabulary and that word is sucks, I heard it all game long in both games. My guess is it was written on the Thunder sticks so you wouldn't forget what to say
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

And from what I've heard, it's hardly Sunday Mass in Alfond for the visiting team and it's fans
                            so you're basing this on second hand oppinion? FYI, there are no group cheers at Maine that involve "suck(s)".

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              so you're basing this on second hand oppinion? FYI, there are no group cheers at Maine that involve "suck(s)".
                              I can base that on fact. I seem to remember the University dressing someone up as a UNH fan and pretending to beat him on the ice, now that's classy. I think Maine had to issue an appology for that one. I've also had food thrown on me! But I expect the cheers from the fans. It's just part of the atmosphere.
                              Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              On tv you guys have a one word cheer vocabulary and that word is sucks, I heard it all game long in both games. My guess is it was written on the Thunder sticks so you wouldn't forget what to say
                              I know I could hear "If you can't get into college..." and that was definitely way more than one word.
                              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

[QUOTE=UNHhockey29;5024181I've also had food thrown on me! [/QUOTE]
                                thrown or dropped? i've had things accidentially dropped on my from the balcony, and I usually see something land in my section just about every game. Sometimes some idiot sneaks a drink up into the balcony and then spills it. I've never seen anyone throwing food intentionally, but any team can have a drunk idiot show up and make them look bad. Anyway, no one is arguing that idiots don't show up to Maine games - they do. And the fraternity that dresses up as the mascot sometimes does things they shouldn't (and aren't approved by the University), but people were just commenting on the over use of "sucks", and in that situation those Maine fans are not "throwing stones from their glass balcony". Watch a game at the Alfond on TV and you won't hear sucks. Personally, I don't give a crap what you guys do in your arena (other than being hostile to visiting families, which is very lame at the Alfond or Whit).

Comment

Working...
                                X