Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    and New Hampshire is a cultural Mecca with no trailer parks, wal marts, mullets, or Busch beer.
    Well, Keystone Light is the more popular cheap beeah.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      I'm not convinced there is any good looking girlz at UHN. Can sumbuddy post a picture to prove otherwise ??
      http://boston.barstoolsports.com/hot...lison-preston/

113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Never realized that the Maine v NH rivalry was so intense.

Comment

University of No Hardware
          Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Experimenting tonight with time-lapse for the first time:

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
              I am a die hard life long maine hockey fan. I guess I am a troll because I want the coach who has run my team into the ground fired? I don't think its much to ask to be in the NCAA tourny just about every year. Do you?

We can agree to disagree but this fan isn't settling for Maine Hockey to be mediocore at best.
              Out of curiosity, how much room is there, for you, between being "mediocre at best" and "making the NCAA tournament every year"?

There are more than 50 division 1 programs. Only 16 make the tournament each year. Is every team that is not in the NCAA tournament every year "mediocre"? Do you expect that the best programs should make the tournament every year-- that the field should be mostly the same 16 teams every year? If so, why should the other teams even try? Why not just pack it in?

I'll agree that every program, coach and player should try hard to do their best every season. But not acknowledging that the strength of programs, coaches and players wax and wane with time, and that this is natural, seems unreasonable to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                Experimenting tonight with time-lapse for the first time:
                Very cool. From what I hear of the weather y'all have been getting this winter, you could have done the same with your front yard, eh?
                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

I attended the game last evening, and am going again tonight. Very exciting atmosphere last night -- it was great to hear the student section so into the game. Hope that's the case tonight; expect that there may be some empty seats due to impending weather (snow isn't the problem -- it's the freezing rain/ice that's predicted.)

I thought Maine did a pretty good job at keeping forwards in front of the net all night, and UNH did little to keep them out of there. I thought for sure that it would sting us, but fortunately it wasn't the case.

Also, I was dismayed to open the Score Update page this morning, looking for the vox pop comments -- and the game thread was gone! Apparently the USCHO system crashed -- for those who didn't catch it, this is the USCHO response:

Information on database crash 2/4/11

USCHO.com suffered a database server crash at about 8:30 p.m. CT on Friday, February 4.

We maintain daily backups of the Fan Forum database and are currently running on the backup made early on that day. Consequently, posts made during the day on Friday are not currently available. After we restore our main database server, we will make every effort to recover those posts.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hope they are able to recover them.
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Also, I was just looking at the Maine roster. I hadn't realized they have been stocking up on NH Jr Monarch players: they currently have 8, and 7 of them are freshmen/sophomores. Just 1 junior. I find that mildly interesting. Haven't looked to see who they have recruited for upcoming classes.
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
                      I'll agree that every program, coach and player should try hard to do their best every season. But not acknowledging that the strength of programs, coaches and players wax and wane with time, and that this is natural, seems unreasonable to me.
                      Four years in a row though? What powerhouse program that's missed 4 straight years has recovered? Providence in the 80s? No. Lake State? No. Maybe some of the Western schools but they've got BCS football money. To go from what Maine did from 1988-2006 and then miss 4 straight and then get back on top is just about unprecedented and that's what scares the bejeezus out of folks.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        Also, I was just looking at the Maine roster. I hadn't realized they have been stocking up on NH Jr Monarch players: they currently have 8, and 7 of them are freshmen/sophomores. Just 1 junior. I find that mildly interesting. Haven't looked to see who they have recruited for upcoming classes.
                        Please tell me you're joking. The title of the freakin recruiting thread is "Monarchs and More" and that's about all people ever argue about.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Maine's defense is atrocious, even more so than their goaltending. Way too many point blank chances.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            Maine's defense is atrocious, even more so than their goaltending. Way too many point blank chances.
                            UNH's wasn't much better, especially in the third. Maine had an awful lot of chances besides the Nyquist breakaway but DiGirolamo was there. Really can't understand why he wasn't one of the three stars last night. I know the first period was shaky, but he saved UNH's bacon in the third. You'd think 37 saves would get him some recognition.

Anyway, great game to watch and congrats to Thompson on his 20th goal of the season, 50th of his career and his 100th point. He's odds on to win HE POY and will no doubt be a Hobey candidate. He's come a long way from his sophomore year, that's for sure.

Comment

I think Ground hog timmay has put in masterful game plan for another losing season....give him credit he has perfected how to keep a team at around .500 give or take a game and get smoked by the good teams and play down to the lower ranked teams. Brilliant timmay.....until somebody at Umaine gets some balls and pulls the cord on the timmay show, this program is doomed to be a near bottom dwellar and ruin twhat is left of the future of this program.
                              Back to timmays world....I have mastered how to look like a deer in the headlights, play non check womens hockey and lose like nobody's business....awesome!!! mission accomplished!!!

Thank you timmay for destroying the one program that was a winner at Maine!!

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                                I think Ground hog timmay has put in masterful game plan for another losing season....give him credit he has perfected how to keep a team at around .500 give or take a game and get smoked by the good teams and play down to the lower ranked teams. Brilliant timmay.....until somebody at Umaine gets some balls and pulls the cord on the timmay show, this program is doomed to be a near bottom dwellar and ruin twhat is left of the future of this program.
                                Back to timmays world....I have mastered how to look like a deer in the headlights, play non check womens hockey and lose like nobody's business....awesome!!! mission accomplished!!!

Thank you timmay for destroying the one program that was a winner at Maine!!
                                Maybe Whitehead, Cosgrove and Blodgett are the secret weapons of those that want to get rid of athletics at Maine????

Comment

Working...
                                X