Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Maine: Feb 4/5

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
    Well apparently he has CLASS http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/03/lowe...nalists-named/
    Don't see any wildpusssies on there.
    Yes, he does.

Again, I'm putting the joking and sarcasm aside (wow, i'm boring), but for those who know Tanner know that Hockey East should be proud to have a young man like himself representing our conference (only rep). Considering the number of greasy, cocky nutjobs the semi-professional level of this sport (and others for that matter) can seem to produce, Tanner is is a genuine kid with an admirable work ethic and a lot of heart for his team. If you want to hate on him, or make him the butt of jokes 4 years after false accusations and rightfully dropped charges almost defamed his name, have a ball entertaining yourself But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get this nomination if his reputation was actually sullied.

I know the CLASS award looks at academics. I know Tanner has had Deans List marks for the majority of his career, but a 4.0 senior year, alternate captain, and equally important leader for this team, makes me wonder why Jeff Dimmen didn't get the knod if anyone were going to from Maine:

(video)
    http://www.wabi.tv/news/17412/maine-...ell-as-the-ice

(nice work Swavely and Sullivan, too!)
    Last edited by TripleE; 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      University of Hardware - Not
      Is this guy one of your alums?

*****http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6742/boratflag.jpg******
      A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
        What I mean - I genuinely think they have the makeup for a good playoff push, but more than anyone else, they're a blown ACL away from taking a nosedive. In goal, Digi has been a rock. But it's February, and "Empty Net" has more playing time and has faced more shots in real games this year than his backup right now.
        Yeah, that's one thing that truly does scare the bejeezus out of me right now. Coming into the season, our greatest concern was that DiGi had very little use his previous 2 seasons in Durham. I was hoping they wouldn't make that same mistake with Wyer, but it appears that they wanted to make up for DiGi getting pretty much no time in net by using him as much as possible this year. He's done pretty well, but methinks that he coulda used a rest against Providence, UML, UMass-Amherst, etc. to give Wyer some time. However, that's the hand we're dealt, and hopefully it doesn't come to a point where we're leaning on Wyer to win important games.
        A Decade of Dominance

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I don't think many Maine fans have a good feeling. Except for that Fire Whitehead idiot

You think I think we are going to win this weekend? Whitehead is our coach and this a road game I see 2 L's maybe getting a Tie AT BEST.
          Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post

Seeing as 5 Hole is a BC fan, no collar up means, no he isn't a BC alum
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              Fall is a good time of year. So is June. July-September can be kind of busy! I work at the Jackson Laboratory, so we can take a long lunch break to go rock climbing at otter cliffs down the road, or we can walk out our office and be at a park trail in 10 minutes. Let me know if you need any tips for your next trip. I plan on taking a few trips to the White Mountains this summer, but I'm trying to get my wife to agree to go down this winter and hike up the Lion's Head trail on washington. She doesn't think it sounds like a lof of fun in the winter though. And I'm guessing I'll have to bring my son (3 years old in August) back to Santa's Villiage this summer.
              *****http://www.joshgibney.com/bhhlweb.jpg******

My favorite image from my quick trip. I'll definitely hit you up for advice when I get a chane to go back. We just skimmed the surface of it.

So, who's coming down for the games this weekend?

Comment

Comment

No matter the results of this weekends games I can guarante the Wildcats won't have an NCAA Mens Ice Hockey National Championship Trophey STILL.......

U
                  N = University of No Hardware
                  H
                  Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

how does one guarante something?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                      how does one guarante something?
                      Ignore is your friend, even Maine fans think he's a dope

Comment

I can stick to hockey unlike the unh fans. All I need to say is how many titles has UNH won? GAME SET MATCH!
                        Maine Hockey

Shawn and Grant Built it

Tim Whitehead Ruined it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Hey, I've been off the boards for a while. Figured I'd at least put in a decent effort for this week. I forget things sometimes.

Nevertheless, well-played!
                          A Decade of Dominance

Comment

Originally posted by MAINEhockeyFireWhitehead View Post
                            I can stick to hockey unlike the unh fans. All I need to say is how many titles has UNH won? GAME SET MATCH!
                            Feel free to give it a rest, guy!

Being passionate about your team = good
                            Being insufferable with grammatical errors = tiring

Comment

I love it. I'm going to repost this after the weekend, and it will have a whole new meaning. Borat, the bandwagoneer. Maine sweeps.

Comment

This thread is like a head-less snake...itz going nowhere fast. They may be dopes, but at least the UND fans were entertaining.

Sumbuddy needs to throttle this MaineFireTimmay fella...obnoxious.

Still waiting for that lucious UNH picture....I'm beginning to think the campus is fulla dawgs.
                                Last edited by acs64; 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X