No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11 - "We still have to fine tune some things..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11 - "We still have to fine tune some things..."

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    I'm curious how you know it was a penalty. The call was right against the boards on the side you sit on. Heck, the people in the press box said they couldn't see it that well. Yes, it is a dead horse....Norwich never scored a goal even strength in that game so a penalty served on a silver platter was exactly what the doctor ordered. I had a really good look at the play and I didn't see a penalty - Kudroch played a man playing the puck. I'm sure he's been taught to make that play since he was 5....I'll bet every player on the ice (on both teams) would have made the same play under the same circumstances...

(Really, I am starting to get over it - just a little bit)...
    I'm not "certain" either way, from my less than ideal vantage point, but probably better than the press box, I couldn't be sure of anything more than the potential, particularly since I couldn't see the exact position of the puck (the score keeper might have had the best view). That said, I am willing to nevertheless concede that it was I callable penalty, but making the call was at best a poor choice given the precedent having been set by the officials. Note that a similar "high tolerance" level was also exhibited during the OT in both the Morrisville & Geneseo games. As noted, I am not angry, I am thrilled we won the SUNYAC, thrilled we took the Primelink, and glad we made it to the NCAA quarterfinals, but alas, I am left with only a dead horse with the outcome determined during a less than ideal circumstance.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11 - "We still have to fine tune some things..."

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
      Norwich: 3 for 4 on the power play.
      Plattsburgh: 1 for 5 on the power play.

On two (2) of Plattsburgh's power play opportunities, they had a combined one shot on goal.

That was the difference maker in Saturday night's game folks.

I'll be the first Plattsburgh fan to admit that if the Cardinals execute on the one man advantage in regulation, we wouldn't have even gone to overtime.

I respect coach Mike McShane. We always have problems creating scoring opportunities on the PP against Norwich. He's figured out Emery's philosophy on the PP.

Congratulations to Norwich. I hope you guys win it all in Minneapolis.

Who do I feel bad for the most? Clarke, Satim, Corry, and Sliasis. Four years of being close, but no cigar.

EDIT: On a positive note, the Cadets couldn't put one on the board when skating at even strength. Who knows what would have happened if a penalty wasn't called.
      Good post Ricky. I was waiting for you to chime in on this finally. You were one of the most approachable Plattsburgh fans after the game though.

Nice to meet you at the game Saturday.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Was there? is there a Behind the Bench scheduled this week?
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Just a snidbit from BTB...
          About the penalty....
          Well Bob, it has to be addressed and I know you are somewhat limited on what you can say…-Ducky
          About the penalty...and how it was more gutwrenching than the Neumann NCAA OT loss...
          Yea cause it was kinda out of our hands as a team….
          It was a tough tough one to swallow and I am limited in what I can say…-Bob
          About people reacting to the "penalty"....
          If I was on the winning end of that game like that, I wouldn’t feel as good as I would if my team had won outright.
          About calling a "penalty" in OT....
          Its got to be an obvious, obvious penalty, you know what I mean-Bob
          Of which it was neither-Ducky
          I can’t comment-Bob
          About Jones...
          He (Jones) probably wont be welcomed here in Plattsburgh anymore – I ranked Mike Jones high all year, all year.
          On what he told his team after the game....
          You didn't beat yourself...and I'm not so sure Norwich did either...
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Good post Ricky. I was waiting for you to chime in on this finally. You were one of the most approachable Plattsburgh fans after the game though.

Nice to meet you at the game Saturday.
            Nice to meet you too Derek!

I'm more upset with not converting on the power play in regulation than the penalty called in overtime.

OH, AND HOW COULD I FORGET! How undisciplined did Nick Jensen play? Both of his penalties led to goals. Not to mention he got SMOKED at center ice.

I couldn't agree more with a Norwich fan on here when he said "stop whining about the call and work on your power play."

Yeah, I think a BTB program was scheduled for tonight.
            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by Lakersalltheway View Post
              Congratulations to both teams on a tremendous season. Both teams have a lot to be proud of this year. I was fortunate enough to get a standing room only ticket and it was well worth a little sore foot the next day from all the standing. I enjoy all levels of hockey and have had the chance to see many games watching my son grow up and play. In reading all these posts about the loss I am amazed to hear that those of you who were not even at the game have the ability to pass judgment on something you didn’t even see with your own 2 eyes. With that said I was present and do understand the frustration of loosing and not moving on. I would have to agree with PrezdeJohnson09 in that it was a legitimate penalty that denied the Cadet player Thomas the opportunity to touch the puck and with his speed possibly even a breakaway. What zone of the ice it happened in is irrelevant. Yeah I will agree that the officials set the standard that appeared as if they were going to let the players decide the outcome by letting those little infractions go that don’t deny possible-scoring opportunities. However a penalty is still a penalty and I would have to imagine that if it were a Plattsburgh player that was denied the same opportunity some of you folks would be on here complaining about that as well. Hockey is a fast game and players and officials need to make split decisions out there and sometimes what us fans see from our seats is not what coaches, players and officials see. I have watched many Clarkson and St Lawrence games in my time and have seen all kinds of good and bad calls. More bad ones then I could even begin to tell you. But if you truly understand the game and do not have the emotional connection with either team it is much easier to have a neutral viewpoint on a game. It was a great game! Both teams had their chances to win the game in regulation but could not. So stop being angry at what happened and use some of that anger to hug your kids or grandkids. Its just a game…..
              I am a Cardinal fan and have been one for many years, I have seen them win championships and have seen many heartbreakers too. I fully understand every aspect of the game. As, for the penalty, Ill leave that up to the coaches to review it. Did I hear you say you were neutral? Aren't you a Laker fan??? !!!!!!

Comment

From what I can gather....
                10/15/2011 - Early Morning Practice
                10/15/2011 - USA Under 18 team
                10/22/2011 - Red/White Game
                10/28 10/29 - Start of SUNYAC
                11/25 - Vs Norwich *Primelink at Middlebury*
                11/26 - vs Middlebury/Elmira
                12/17?? @ Norwich
                Cardinal Classic (Utica, Babson, Castleton)
                1/13, 1/14 Castleton, Skidmore
                1/20, 1/21 @ Middlebury, @ Williams

New replay screen?? So if its from the same company we can expect to see it working by 2024 if the world doesn't end in 2012...
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Remy, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's a real surprise here - Norwich fans don't have a problem with that call and Plattsburgh fans do.

Are you seriously trying to claim that Norwich's chance to score a goal in the two minutes they have a man advantage isn't significantly higher than when both sides are skating equally? Remember - Norwich did not score the entire game when the teams had an equal number of players on the ice. That penalty greatly enhanced their chances to score that goal. Claims to the contrary just are insulting to our intelligence.

Derek, I know you posted that was a penalty in overtime, but I am just as adamant that was not a penalty, but a good check of a player that was in possession of the puck (or had just gotten rid of it. It would not have been a good call at 10:00 of the first period....it's probably the worst call I've ever seen with 5:00 left in an overtime period.

This is not a slight to Norwich or their team - they didn't do anything wrong, Jones did. They converted the chance they were given. The fact that they had it ruined an extremely good game that was looking to become a classic.
                    Steve, I couldn't have said it better!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      From what I can gather....
                      10/15/2011 - Early Morning Practice
                      10/15/2011 - USA Under 18 team
                      10/22/2011 - Red/White Game
                      10/28 10/29 - Start of SUNYAC
                      11/25 - Vs Norwich *Primelink at Middlebury*
                      11/26 - vs Middlebury/Elmira
                      12/17?? @ Norwich
                      Cardinal Classic (Utica, Babson, Castleton)
                      1/13, 1/14 Castleton, Skidmore
                      1/20, 1/21 @ Middlebury, @ Williams

New replay screen?? So if its from the same company we can expect to see it working by 2024 if the world doesn't end in 2012...
                      I've heard 12/9 for the @ Norwich game.

Will be a nice treat for Plattsburgh fans to see the U-18 team at the Stafford. I may have to come up for that one if Norwich doesn't conflict with it.

The US18U game against Oswego my senior year was one of the best games I saw during my four years at Oswego.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Well, it was certainly an up and down season, but aside from the poor call that blighted the end, it showed what dedication and determination and awesome coaching can produce.

Another SUNYAC Championship and another Primelink Trophy that was certainly looking distant at Thanksgiving - but they did it - what a season

Gone will be four seniors:

#12 Eric Satim – Forward
                        2010-11 – 27 games played, 13 Goals, 22 Assists, 35 points (Team points leader)
                        Career – 100 games played, 44 Goals, 78 Assists, 122 points

#15 Dan Sliasis– Forward
                        2010-11 – 28 games played, 8 Goals, 9 Assists, 17 points (Ninth in Team points)
                        Career – 105 games played, 28 Goals, 33 Assists, 61 points

#24 Dylan Clarke – Forward
                        2010-11 – 28 games played, 18 Goals, 14 Assists, 32 points (Second in Team points)
                        Career – 114 games played, 67 Goals, 72 Assists, 139 points

#26 Ryan Corry – Defenseman
                        2010-11 – 27 games played, 5 Goals, 5 Assists, 32 points (Tenth in Team points)
                        Career – 108 games played, 15 Goals, 64 Assists, 79 points

A couple of Notable Returnees are:

#14 Nick Jensen – Forward (Freshman)
                        2010-11 – 26 games played, 8 Goals, 14 Assists, 22 points (Third in Team points)

#9 Patrick Jobb – Forward (Sophomore)
                        21 games played, 10 Goals, 11 Assists, 21 points (Fifth in Team points)
                        Career – 48 games played, 16 Goals, 20 Assists, 36 points

Looking forward to watching the 2011 Commitment Thread grow, is it October Yet???

"We still have to fine tune some things..."
                        Also Vandy will be leaving graduating.

Emery also said Ryan Williams is looking to play some where else, and Emery appreciates Ryan and his honesty and is helping Ryan find a new place to showcase his talent.

Emery didn't know of anyone else leaving just yet, and has 1 defensemen and 4 forwards committed already.

Thanks to everyone. A bumpy yet thrilling ride in 2010-2011. Life wouldn't be much fun if there was any drama to the story. It wasn't a story book ending, but yet another chapter in the long proud history of Cardinal Hockey. For anyone doubting this teams chances in 2011-2012, leave your ticket at the window because on this ship once you get off, we don't want you back. Bob may have called this year a "work in progress", but to quote Sundberg from the 2001 post game NCAA Semi Finals...."we have some unfinished buisness".....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I've heard 12/9 for the @ Norwich game.

Will be a nice treat for Plattsburgh fans to see the U-18 team at the Stafford. I may have to come up for that one if Norwich doesn't conflict with it.

The US18U game against Oswego my senior year was one of the best games I saw during my four years at Oswego.
                          If its the hockey team it shouldn't. 10/15 is the first day the teams can practice. That's why you see the early morning practice, and then the game. Or is Norwich planning a day one game as well?? I was only guessing on the Norwich game. All Bob said was last game of the first semester. Counted too many SUNYAC weekends I think.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            If its the hockey team it shouldn't. 10/15 is the first day the teams can practice. That's why you see the early morning practice, and then the game. Or is Norwich planning a day one game as well?? I was only guessing on the Norwich game. All Bob said was last game of the first semester. Counted too many SUNYAC weekends I think.
                            You take the games against the U-18 team when you can get them. They are tough to schedule. I think it will be a nice treat for the Plattsburgh players to be welcomed to. So what if they lose 4-3 or lose 8-0. They will be playing the best team they will play all season right off the bat so they will know how hard they've gotta work and where they need to get real quick.

We have more sports than just hockey ...Football could be home that weekend. I'll have to check the schedule.

I'm pretty sure 12/9 is the Plattsburgh @ Norwich game.

Interesting that Castleton is coming to the Cardinal Classic next year and is on the non-conference schedule. Could have had Elmira there Relax. I know exactly what you're going to say and it's fine. I just hate to see the series go away and you know that and yes I understand why Plattsburgh doesn't wan't to do it anymore. I wish a Hobart/Utica could jump in with Elmira though and make it more worth it for Plattsburgh to make the trip down the road. I'm not saying Plattsburgh is scared to play at Elmira or whatever you insinuated last time when I brought this up. I will never forget Coach Emery's quote about it last season though. "We love playing Elmira at home, but hate going all they way down there for one game."

Hobart isnt terrible anymore since they enclosed it. The players don't go to the bathroom with the fans anymore and the locker room is actually separated a bit from the crowd as well. I dont even know when the last time Plattsburgh went to play a game there. My guess would be the early 2000's or 90's if that?

Drop Skidmore or Williams or both and add EC and Utica or Hobart.
                            Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm curious how you know it was a penalty. The call was right against the boards on the side you sit on. Heck, the people in the press box said they couldn't see it that well. Yes, it is a dead horse....Norwich never scored a goal even strength in that game so a penalty served on a silver platter was exactly what the doctor ordered. I had a really good look at the play and I didn't see a penalty - Kudroch played a man playing the puck. I'm sure he's been taught to make that play since he was 5....I'll bet every player on the ice (on both teams) would have made the same play under the same circumstances...

(Really, I am starting to get over it - just a little bit)...
                              From where i was standing I was able to see the puck that the player was racing to get and it was still well in front of Thomas when he got driven into the boards and off his feet. So i believe that is the perfect example of interference. Is the Plattsburgh Goalie back again next year? He looked great that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakersalltheway View Post
                                From where i was standing I was able to see the puck that the player was racing to get and it was still well in front of Thomas when he got driven into the boards and off his feet. So i believe that is the perfect example of interference. Is the Plattsburgh Goalie back again next year? He looked great that night.
                                Josh Leis is only a sophomore.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X