2011 Minnesota Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Minnesota Offseason Thread

Catastrophic may be a little too far. Even if he turns into a 30+ goal scorer, can he carry this team by himself? Maybe he can just to spite the coaching. That would be a site to see.

FWIW, I heard Kangas was going to leave after his freshman year from an extended member of his family. Not sure if that's a good comparison or what that means other then don't read too much into roomers just yet before completely writing off next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Catastrophic may be a little too far. Even if he turns into a 30+ goal scorer, can he carry this team by himself? Maybe he can just to spite the coaching. That would be a site to see.

FWIW, I heard Kangas was going to leave after his freshman year from an extended member of his family. Not sure if that's a good comparison or what that means other then don't read too much into roomers just yet before completely writing off next season.
      Do you remember the last 30+ goal scorer? I do. It was 5 years ago. That's sad.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Ryan Potulny from Grand Forks?.......another foreigner.
        Last edited by cross cheque; 04-06-2011, 04:09 PM.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Also was 5 years ago since the Gophers had a team that had the ability to make a run.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good point but that team had a few other pieces in place that this one probably does not.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Ryan Potulny from Grand Forks?.......another foreigner.
              In a matter of a couple of years the WCHA will be foreign.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

http://twitter.com/hammyhockey/statu...28652566388736

Hammy is reporting Justin Kloos of Lakeville South will be a Gopher. Welcome aboard Justin!

Comment

There's also been mention that Hill may leave. Of course I will believe it when I see it, the same with Bjugstad.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    There's also been mention that Hill may leave. Of course I will believe it when I see it, the same with Bjugstad.
                    Word is he is feeling the heat.

Comment

I watched Leddy score a goal, and get an assist for Chicago tonight. if it wasn't for idiot Fletcher over at the Wild, Leddy could have been WCHA first team, instead, the wild traded him for a $3.1 million stiff in Barker, and screwed the gophers, the wild, and provide Chicago with their current number 1 prospect.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/chicago_blackhawks

Can't really blame that on Lucia.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

If that's true then stick a fork in next season.
                        For the sane people reading this thread who aren't suffering from severe clinical depression, I'd like to point out that Bjugstad put up 20 points (8-12-20) as a freshman.

If the team's season is a lost cause due to losing such modest production, then perhaps it was already hopeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          For the sane people reading this thread who aren't suffering from severe clinical depression, I'd like to point out that Bjugstad put up 20 points (8-12-20) as a freshman.

If the team's season is a lost cause due to losing such modest production, then perhaps it was already hopeless.
                          Most potential. By far. There's no one else on the team currently that isn't a freshmen next year that comes close. Can't rely on freshmen (as we're told over and over again). But, already lost? Probably.

Comment

Gopher fans...hoping for UND or U Michigan? Tough call...but I'm pulling for Michigan. The times they are a changin.

Edit: after the second semi, my support for Michigan has officially ended. Go UMD!
                            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Neal Broten says the Hobey should have gone to his brother Aaron.

Comment

He has been saying that for years. I think he has mentioned that he was the third leading scorer on his line

Comment

Working...
                                X