Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (2/4, 2/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (2/4, 2/5)

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    This is the main reason I'd vote for a Coach of the Year.

As much as I want to see Leaman get the award again, I think Appert & Gadowsky have to be the front-runners right now. Things can still change with a month left in the season, but both of these teams have exceeded my expectations so far.
    Who picks Coach of the Year? Depending on who it is, Appert probably won't get it only because he was suspended by the league for a game. I do not agree with this sentiment, but I definitely do not decide this award.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We hope to be there-and will be sitting directly in front of you in section 124 Row B. Not sure what I will be wearing but it is so darn cold in there Jenny will undoubtedly be in fur. I am sure i will have something very red on. I hope we have a big RPI turnout. BTW-there are only single tickets now available-you cannot buy 2 seats together any more so this one is looking like a sellout.
      FYI for anyone still looking for tix to Princeton - HFH box office still has some, but they are getting sent back to Princeton this afternoon. Call now and you can order with a credit card and they'll hold them at HFH for pickup.
      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Who picks Coach of the Year? Depending on who it is, Appert probably won't get it only because he was suspended by the league for a game. I do not agree with this sentiment, but I definitely do not decide this award.
        Stop.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
          I will be sitting in the heart of enemy at Quinnipiac, as one of my coworkers who played for Quinny just prior to the jump to D-I is getting the tickets.

Anyone else planning to make the trip?
          It's not much of a trip for me (20 miles) but I'll be there. The TD Bank Center is a beautiful facility, albeit a bit sterile. With separate basketball and hockey arenas in the same building it's kind of like a larger, more modern version of the Hart Center at Holy Cross. It was the first part of a massive dormitory/athletic complex that the Q is building on the top of a very large hill overlooking the main campus about a mile away. Parking really isn't too bad but all access is via a single road up the hill so it can back up quite a bit when there is a big crowd. Let's just hope all of this week's ice storms have passed and they've got that thing well treated with ice and sand.

I was there a few weeks back for the Quinnipiac-Cornell game won by the Big Red in OT. In general, the Bobcats seem to be a solid, hard-working club but they don't stand out in any particular area. In previous years the they've had at least a few gunners up front and one strong point man that seemed to control play from the back line. This year's version seemed balanced but without a dominant top line or defense pairing. Apparently they've gotten very good goaltending from Hartzell although he really didn't seem on his game against Cornell. The Engineers can definitely leave Hamden with a W but they will have to put in a solid 60 minute effort.

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
            I'm planning on travelling to Quinnipiac, looking forward to seeing the TD Bank Center, looks like a great facility. Second only to Lynah in ticket prices! There will be a small group of "2nd Churchers" there, some of us (but not me) will be travelling to Princeton the following day.
            RHam - there's no schism amongst our faith. If you worship the team like we do (and I'm familiar with you and your crew, you do), you can call yourself a parishioner of the First Church. The bigger a congregation, the better!
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

looking forward to seeing Hobey Baker rink for the 1st time myself...sitting in sect. 123, row C.......is there a commerorative wall I can hang a picture of Chase
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                The TD Bank Center is a beautiful facility, albeit a bit sterile. With separate basketball and hockey arenas in the same building it's kind of like a larger, more modern version of the Hart Center at Holy Cross. It was the first part of a massive dormitory/athletic complex that the Q is building on the top of a very large hill overlooking the main campus about a mile away. Parking really isn't too bad but all access is via a single road up the hill so it can back up quite a bit when there is a big crowd. Let's just hope all of this week's ice storms have passed and they've got that thing well treated with ice and sand.
                The last big ice/snow storm we got here, the only place in town my car didn't have issues was on the hill. Being privately taken care of the hill and parking lot is usually in fine shape on snowy nights, the rest of the town and the ride there...that's another story.
                Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                In general, the Bobcats seem to be a solid, hard-working club but they don't stand out in any particular area. In previous years the they've had at least a few gunners up front and one strong point man that seemed to control play from the back line. This year's version seemed balanced but without a dominant top line or defense pairing. Apparently they've gotten very good goaltending from Hartzell although he really didn't seem on his game against Cornell. The Engineers can definitely leave Hamden with a W but they will have to put in a solid 60 minute effort.
                It is true that we don't have studs the likes of Wong, Bates, Leitch, Lampe etc. anymore but as a collective it is a fun group to watch. The Jones twins and Scotty Zurevinski have been an entertaining line to watch all year...their point totals have been lacking at time but there's no doubting their ability and Jeremy Langlois of late has really turned it on. He has seven goals in seven games since the break where the team is 6-1-3. Hartz has been solid but we've yet to face a weekend pairing with as much offensive talent as RPI/Union...maybe the UNO weekend, so we'll see how he does. I'd be happy with a split and continue trending toward home ice in the playoffs. Mark and I will be in our usual spot...feel free to stop by.
                Last edited by allnightwong; 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Looking forward to my first trip to Hobey. It ill be great to meet some of the people on this board and having the band there will just be great.
                  Where are you sitting EHF?
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Where are you sitting EHF?
                    That would be sec 124 Row B. Sounds familiar. Sounds like we have a few RPI fans sitting near each other.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

That would be sec 124 Row B. Sounds familiar. Sounds like we have a few RPI fans sitting near each other.
                      Now we just have to hope we don't get another noreaster here. This should be a lot of fun-especially if we play well!

Comment

I'm going to be staying at the HFH for the women's games this weekend, but, hopefully, I'll make it to the Bank this March, assuming that they end up hosting a series. My other hope is that Kennedy extends his goal-scoring streak against Quinnipiac to 2 game!
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Now we just have to hope we don't get another noreaster here. This should be a lot of fun-especially if we play well!
                          I don't know about NJ, but we are expecting another 6 inches of snow tomorrow, followed by more snow on Wednesday. That should be enough for the week and a good clear day for Saturday.
                          I have been to 6 games so far this year, and I haven't seen them play a bad game yet. Even the losses were well played games.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

The weather is getting worse by the minute, and the forcast for the next couple of days isn't any better. Still, I am hoping for a break in the weather for the weekend and an enjoyable trip to Princeton Saturday afternoon.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Posted a poll for ECAC's top freshman. You can vote more than once if you feel more than one player warrants a vote...every vote counts!

Comment

The weather is getting worse by the minute, and the forcast for the next couple of days isn't any better. Still, I am hoping for a break in the weather for the weekend and an enjoyable trip to Princeton Saturday afternoon.
                                Princeton for saturday is calling for snow starting friday night and continuing until late saturday night. Not sure if this will amount to much and the temperatures may be close enough to freezing for some of this to be rain.
                                Last edited by DrDemento; 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X