Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HEY HERE IT IS! Its the UNO season thread!

Has Terry Broadhurst been having injury issues this season? I'm curious why he only played in three quarters of games this season.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Yes he has. He broke his thumb i believe back in december blocking a shot and then slipped on ice on campus going to class in February (ironic huh?). He's back now and not a moment too soon! GO MAVS!

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
        Yes he has. He broke his thumb i believe back in december blocking a shot and then slipped on ice on campus going to class in February (ironic huh?). He's back now and not a moment too soon! GO MAVS!
        That blows. A friend of mine plays for SCSU's womens team and did the same thing, slipped on ice right outside the rink and she was done for the season.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Congrats to Coach Blais on Coach of the Year honors! We are so **** lucky to have him! ONWARD AND UPWARD WE GO! UNLEASH THE FURY!

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
            Congrats to Coach Blais on Coach of the Year honors! We are so **** lucky to have him! ONWARD AND UPWARD WE GO! UNLEASH THE FURY!
            Could not agree more.

It's apparent from the WCHA post-season awards that everybody thinks that Coach Blais scored all those goals, blocked all those shots, and won all those games, single-handedly.

Here's the team-by-team breakdown of awards for the top 4 teams in the conference. For 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, and rookies:

Denver 6 players
            UMD 6 players
            ND 4 players
            UNO 1 player (and one coach that apparently balances out the above)

Despite all this, UNO somehow managed to finish 3rd and split the season series with every one of these teams, all while playing the 6th strongest schedule in the nation.

Is this ALL really on Coach Blais, or, are we just THAT deep? It has to be one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              Could not agree more.

It's apparent from the WCHA post-season awards that everybody thinks that Coach Blais scored all those goals, blocked all those shots, and won all those games, single-handedly.

Here's the team-by-team breakdown of awards for the top 4 teams in the conference. For 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, and rookies:

Denver 6 players
              UMD 6 players
              ND 4 players
              UNO 1 player (and one coach that apparently balances out the above)

Despite all this, UNO somehow managed to finish 3rd and split the season series with every one of these teams, all while playing the 6th strongest schedule in the nation.

Is this ALL really on Coach Blais, or, are we just THAT deep? It has to be one or the other.
              Since you're the only one in your fanbase that seems to not get it, I've come up with a third option;

C) you ate paint chips as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Since you're the only one in your fanbase that seems to not get it, I've come up with a third option;

C) you ate paint chips as a child.
                I "get" what you think I am supposed to get. I can certainly read and I know you aren't the only person that has disagreed with me. And, I've been flamed for bringing this topic up elsewhere, and not just by you. I just respectfully disagree. I'm not backing down from my opinion about this. We lay an egg in either tournament, then I'll eat crow, however, personally, all I care about is the NCAA tournament in any event.

Comment

I "get" what you think I am supposed to get. I can certainly read and I know you aren't the only person that has disagreed with me. And, I've been flamed for bringing this topic up elsewhere, and not just by you. I just respectfully disagree. I'm not backing down from my opinion about this. We lay an egg in either tournament, then I'll eat crow, however, personally, all I care about is the NCAA tournament in any event.
                  You lay and egg or win the F5 and the NCAAs, it doesn't change anything, we've been talking about regular season conference play.

Comment

Do you guys know what your lineup will be for tonight?

Comment

My line-up starts with an Amber Bock, thought I normally switch to Ultra by 3rd period!

Comment

Could not agree more.

Do you understand the game hockey is a team game? IMO, UNO doesn't have a lot of stars on thier roster and more importantly who cares. UNO should be more worried about BSU and winning that series before awards. Awards don't win championships team chemistry and buying into coach Blais' system. Which they all have. Be happy you had a great year and will be going to the NCAAs.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Well, at least with the stunning announcement of UNO moving to Division 1 in all sports and eliminating football/wrestling, this beat down put on by Bemidji is receiving little play in Omaha. Was that Trev's plan all along? Wait until we lay a huge egg on the ice and bring out the Division 1 announcement. One smart dude. Nobody in Omaha is going to remember getting spanked by Bemidji. Oh yeah, except for the folks that went downtown and watched that travesty. Hopefully we can hang on in the Pairwise and still go to the tourney.....as long as we aren't matched up with the Beavers.
                          If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Oh, and I heard so many people excited to play Bemidji before the series. Things like: "revenge is a dish best served cold." What in our right minds gave us the idea that we can beat these guys? What did we see in the series against Bemidji and AlabamaH (very similar defensive styles) led us to believe we would beat them, or better yet, even WANT to face them? Wasn't surprised by this.....
                            If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                              Well, at least with the stunning announcement of UNO moving to Division 1 in all sports and eliminating football/wrestling, this beat down put on by Bemidji is receiving little play in Omaha. Was that Trev's plan all along? Wait until we lay a huge egg on the ice and bring out the Division 1 announcement. One smart dude. Nobody in Omaha is going to remember getting spanked by Bemidji. Oh yeah, except for the folks that went downtown and watched that travesty. Hopefully we can hang on in the Pairwise and still go to the tourney.....as long as we aren't matched up with the Beavers.
                              There's already a lot of gnashing of teeth about that Bomb over on D2football.com about that bomb. Wrestling just won the D2 National Championship, and get told the next day after reaching the highest of highs that "Sorry Fellows! Good luck somewhere else!" Really Classy move right there.

http://omaha.com/article/20110313/NE...-and-wrestling

Honestly, if you can't afford to move very competitive programs like Wrestling and Football up to D1 right now, maybe you should think about waiting to do that. Especially since it wasn't that long ago that UNO was cleaning up a mess in the athletic department left by the last regime.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=23332

Gee Fellas, The Summit League doesn't offer Wrassling, so even though you just won your third straight National Championship and host a tournement that has Wressling powerhouse D1 programs like Iowa and Minnesota coming to town every year, we're just going to drop ya like a bad habit.

You know, when the BTHC happens, and the game of shuffling chairs starts to happen, you do have to wonder what will happen when Alberts realizes that the Summit league doesn't offer Hockey as well.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X