Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a little outrageous! Pairwise Benefits for ECAC vs. Hockey East, WCHA, CCHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is a little outrageous! Pairwise Benefits for ECAC vs. Hockey East, WCHA, CC

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I dunno. Ask RIT. Or BSU. Or even Holy Cross.

It doesn't matter what happens in the post-season, if you want to question the PWR. It is what happens in the regular season. Hey, I don't think the EZAC is really good, but this argument is ludicrous, and I'm being polite.
    Everyone loves an underdog and a team ruled out, for sure. But there's less room for it in our tournament than say basketball.
    Being led to the promiseland by TIMMAY!!!

Comment

Re: This is a little outrageous! Pairwise Benefits for ECAC vs. Hockey East, WCHA, CC

The #2 and #3 teams in HE, UNH and BU, have a combined record of 2-4-2 against the #3,5,6,9,10 and 11 teams in the ECAC with the wins coming against the #6 and #11 ECAC teams. Hell looks to me like these 2 teams are the undeserving ones and maybe HE only deserves one team in the tourney .
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        All sorts of excuses. Lame. Hockey East and WCHA have been the top two conferences in college hockey for quite some time now. Hockey East is having an off year. Get over it and as I said, the teams should have won more games and they would not be in this predicament.
        Please try to sense some humor and sarcasm in the Union and Dartmouth things...

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          The #2 and #3 teams in HE, UNH and BU, have a combined record of 2-4-2 against the #3,5,6,9,10 and 11 teams in the ECAC with the wins coming against the #6 and #11 ECAC teams. Hell looks to me like these 2 teams are the undeserving ones and maybe HE only deserves one team in the tourney .
          No problem. That team would probably make it to St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Howitz-ah View Post
            Everyone loves an underdog and a team ruled out, for sure. But there's less room for it in our tournament than say basketball.
            So let's "fix" the PWR so teams who we feel can win in March are in? Heck right now I'd be all for it, as MN would be in the title game every year! Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So let's "fix" the PWR so teams who we feel can win in March are in? Heck right now I'd be all for it, as MN would be in the title game every year! Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
              Done. haha

Comment

Better yet let's skip the team that can win in March and go directly to the ones that can win in April. No need for all those half empty arenas that probably cost the NC$$ money.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

But seriously, the ECAC has looked good this year.

They've looked pretty good and won some nice regular season games other years, too. And followed it up by looking like Tier II competition when it counts.

Comment

Better yet let's skip the team that can win in March and go directly to the ones that can win in April. No need for all those half empty arenas that probably cost the NC$$ money.
                    Ah yes, reigning in the point!!

Comment

You know who else tried to "fix" things? Hitler.
                      Yep, I Godwinned the thread.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Whether you think I'm full of **** on the topic or not, I'm happy this can light a fire so quickly. Because you know what? At the end of the day - no one is going to care if St. Lawrence beat UNH in what? December.

Because whether the ECAC fields 2, 4 or 7 teams - if they DONT show up in March and April, fans and players of the other conferences will continue to look to them as tier II in a tier I league.

Comment

You know who else tried to "fix" things? Hitler.
                          Yep, I Godwinned the thread.
                          And he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

The ECAC will get whatever the Pairwise says they deserve. And if the Pairwise says 4 ECAC teams are in then I think it will be detrimental to the level of competition our sport aspires for to allow an "UNDESERVING ACCORDING TO THE PAIRWISE" HE, WCHA or CCHA team in .
                            It will just mean that 4 EZAC teams are gone by the end of the second round of the NCAA playoffs.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

They've looked pretty good and won some nice regular season games other years, too. And followed it up by looking like Tier II competition when it counts.
                              I agree beating the cupcake and the weak sisters of the poor really doesn't impress me. I keep hearing how BU and C.C. were beaten by EZAC teams so what? Both teams are down this year.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

So what you're saying is... SCSU should never be given an NCAA bid again and UNH and tUMD should not be allowed in the F4 even if they win their regional. Ok, let's just book it now... this year's Frozen 4: Michigan, UND, BC, and MN (they are hosting).
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X