Pre Worlds Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Worlds Camp

I have heard 7 players being invited, does anyone want to post the players names who will be present?

Re: Pre Worlds Camp

Figure the Four Nations roster minus a few players, plus a few others (mended Olympians and the like)

Comment

Originally posted by uradonkey View Post
      I have heard 7 players being invited?
      I would hope they invite a few more. Seven means only one spare on the bench.

Comment

Might just be opening up a can-o-worms here but what the hell. Once you've been verbally assaulted on this forum by certain characters, it can't get much worse.

Anyway-- I've read and listened to people from both the US and Canada suggest that it might be time for some senior players to move on from their respective teams. Despite your opinion on such matters, is a national team more likely to bring in the up-and-comings now, in non-Olympic years, for big stage international development or only after said players have had some experience to grow elsewhere... be it their universities or u18/ u22 programs?

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
          Might just be opening up a can-o-worms here but what the hell. Once you've been verbally assaulted on this forum by certain characters, it can't get much worse.

Anyway-- I've read and listened to people from both the US and Canada suggest that it might be time for some senior players to move on from their respective teams. Despite your opinion on such matters, is a national team more likely to bring in the up-and-comings now, in non-Olympic years, for big stage international development or only after said players have had some experience to grow elsewhere... be it their universities or u18/ u22 programs?
          Have not done the stats/research, but suspect that the post olympic year is the one that sees the most turnover from the old guard to new blood. Not sure about the US, but three Canuck Vets have already announced their retirement.

As far as suggesting some should move on....I won't touch that one....slippery slope subject, and at the end of the day respect the service provided by those that donned the national sweater to represent the country.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Have not done the stats/research, but suspect that the post olympic year is the one that sees the most turnover from the old guard to new blood. Not sure about the US, but three Canuck Vets have already announced their retirement.
            Exactly what I was asking. Thanks for the feedback, OnMAA.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            As far as suggesting some should move on....I won't touch that one....slippery slope subject, and at the end of the day respect the service provided by those that donned the national sweater to represent the country.
            Yeah, wasn't asking for that because not only am I in no position to judge, but I'd hate to have my *** beat by a hockey player.

Comment

Here is a link to the preliminary U.S.A. roster....http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/...lim-roster.doc

Comment

Working...
              X